Tell Me About Arkansas

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That sounds believable.  Jefferson was less than 50% passet last year.  Jump on them early and make Jefferson and/or Hornsby have to comeback on us by passing which will lead to sacks/ints.   Sounds good to me.

Yeah Jefferson is never going to be a guy with a 69% completion percentage like Franks had. I expect to see a lot more RPO and running the ball with the occasional deep shot to Burks. Would be nice if someone like Jaquayln Crawford or Ketron Jackson could step up and fill the void left by Mike Woods leaving for OU.

KJ didn't have a very good completion percentage against Missouri in his only start last year either but still had 300 all-purpose yards and 4 TDs. Of course Missouri's defense gave up a ton of points toward the end of the season so not sure what to make of it.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:21 AM, LTtxfan said:

Love the 1987 Game-Winner for TEXAS  🤘 

"Texas Longhorns vs Arkansas Razorbacks (10-17-1987) "Horns Hook'em On The Last Play"

I was in South Dakota for opening day of pheasant hunting season. We VCR’d the game for my dad and me to watch later. We didn’t even listen to the radio because we didn’t want to know the outcome. Seeing Governor Bill Clinton’s sad face in the stands was icing on the cake.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Arkansas' starting NT apparently had an appendectomy Saturday night. How long does that typically put you on the shelf? 

[I am not a Dr. and haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for a long while]

My daughter (no pics) who plays Tennis was out for at least 2-3 weeks. I guess it depends on the ease of surgery and how well the guy can recover, but I'd hate for him to be on the field and tear any internal/external stitches. Internal bleeding would be no bueno. 

Just now, Droopy said:

[I am not a Dr. and haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for a long while]

My daughter (no pics) who plays Tennis was out for at least 2-3 weeks. I guess it depends on the ease of surgery and how well the guy can recover, but I'd hate for him to be on the field and tear any internal/external stitches. Internal bleeding would be no bueno. 

I found some MLB players who came back in 7-10 days, but most estimates for football players are longer 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

I found some MLB players who came back in 7-10 days, but most estimates for football players are longer 

I could see 10 days for MLB but I'd be shocked to see a CFB player out there in that time considering the potential for falls, hits, and even just the use of his core just playing the game. I would think 2-3 weeks is the minimum, but we'll see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Droopy said:

I could see 10 days for MLB but I'd be shocked to see a CFB player out there in that time considering the potential for falls, hits, and even just the use of his core just playing the game. I would think 2-3 weeks is the minimum, but we'll see. 

Especially for a NT

6 minutes ago, Droopy said:

9/11 would be right at two weeks. It's definitely a faster recovery time than it used to be and a lot less invasive but you'd think it would be an easy target for OL to try to hit. Sounds like they expect him to give it a shot though.

2 minutes ago, Gohogs14 said:

9/11 would be right at two weeks. It's definitely a faster recovery time than it used to be and a lot less invasive but you'd think it would be an easy target for OL to try to hit. Sounds like they expect him to give it a shot though.

With not much practice time depending on when he comes back, and risking longer term injury. Might be best to hold him out longer 

13 minutes ago, Gohogs14 said:

Dad Brain: My daughter's surgery was 2 years ago, so they may have increased recovery time. That being said, I'd still be leary, as a parent, to have my kid out there taking on big ass OL with the possibility of one of them falling on my gut. 

Fan Brain: That pussy better get his lazy ass out there and play his ass off for 1.5 quarters until his gut explodes in service on my favorite team!

Question: Would you rather him play in this game but be lost for several games after or hold him out of this game and have him available for the rest of the season?

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

With not much practice time depending on when he comes back, and risking longer term injury. Might be best to hold him out longer 

I think this is probably the best option, but I'd definitely want his parent's sign off if he wanted to play any sooner. 

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

Dad Brain: My daughter's surgery was 2 years ago, so they may have increased recovery time. That being said, I'd still be leary, as a parent, to have my kid out there taking on big ass OL with the possibility of one of them falling on my gut. 

Fan Brain: That pussy better get his lazy ass out there and play his ass off for 1.5 quarters until his gut explodes in service on my favorite team!

Question: Would you rather him play in this game but be lost for several games after or hold him out of this game and have him available for the rest of the season?

Well we play Georgia Southern the week after so probably wouldn’t need him (knock on wood) but after that is Texas A&M. It’s a good question. Since he transferred from FCS we still don’t really know quite how good he is yet. With how much DL rotate I’d probably lean toward saving him until he’s 100% but that may change if we start getting gashed on the ground in every game.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That would seem like a downgrade unless Miami is money whipping him, which could be true considering how they've stepped up recently.

Money, plus easier road to CFP playoffs in ACC at Miami are decent reasons to possibly go to "The U"

Might come down to:

• Does he want to put up with "CrystalBols" ??
  • Stay because enjoys working with Sam Pittman ??
  • Maybe he wants to stay closer to the State of Texas ??
  • Believes 1 more year at Arky, then gets a Head Coaching job??

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Money, plus easier road to CFP playoffs in ACC at Miami are decent reasons to possibly go to "The U"

Might come down to:

• Does he wants to put up with "CrystalBols" ??
  • Stay because enjoys working with Sam Pittman ??
  • Maybe he wants to stay closer to the State of Texas ??
  • Believes 1 more year at Arky, then gets a Head Coaching job??

Does Briles have a realistic shot at being a HC at a big program with the Baylor tie in and all?

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Does Briles have a realistic shot at being a HC at a big program with the Baylor tie in and all?

Yeah, that question crossed my mind too.  Wonder if Kendal stays with Pittman another year or two, then possibly the stench isn't quite as bad -- especially if Sam provides a good recommendation he might get a shot as a head coach.  Just not sure where that would be though?? 

If I were Kendal, I just don't think I would go to work for "Crystalbals" 

On 1/18/2022 at 3:39 PM, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, that question crossed my mind too.  Wonder if Kendal stays with Pittman another year or two, then possibly the stench isn't quite as bad -- especially if Sam provides a good recommendation he might get a shot as a head coach.  Just not sure where that would be though?? 

If I were Kendal, I just don't think I would go to work for "Crystalbals" 

I think he may get a decent G5 job after next season. Don't see a P5 program going after him just yet though.

Probably getting a pay bump up to $1.4 million to stay at Arkansas.

Edited by Gohogs14

21 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They look pretty set at LB and DB, what's the outlook on DL for this year?

Need a DT pretty bad in the portal. Could use a proven pass rusher too but not sure how many will be available after the spring. Was hoping to get Jaxon Player.

Guess it helps that Odom basically runs a 3-2-6 but not sure if it's his preference or if it's because we just don't have enough SEC-quality DL so he does it out of necessity. Currently it's definitely the biggest question mark on the defense, plus we just fired our DL coach.

Arkansas set to hire veteran SEC assistant as new defensive line coach, per report

Keith Farner | 8 hours ago

Arkansas has reportedly hired its new defensive line coach, and it’s a name SEC fans would remember from other programs.

Arkansas is expected to hire Deke Adams as defensive line coach, sources told Matt Zenitz of On3sports. Adams, who worked at FIU last year, is an SEC veteran who has worked at Ole Miss, Mississippi State and South Carolina. Perhaps most notably about his career, Adams coached Jadaveon Clowney at South Carolina.

Adams during his 20-plus year coaching career has played a key role in the development of 6 NFL draft selections since 2013, including two first-round picks.

Adams began his coaching career in 1997 as the defensive line coach at Jacksonville State. After spending one season at Jacksonville State, he coached at Pearl River Community College, where he first served as the linebackers coach and later was named co-defensive coordinator and secondary coach. In 2001 he became the defensive coordinator and continued his duties as recruiting coordinator.

Adams was a four-year member of the Southern Miss Dean’s List during his time as a student-athlete and a three-year letterwinner for the Golden Eagle “Nasty Bunch” defense from 1991-94. During his career at linebacker, Adams tallied 76 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, one sack and one interception for 15 yards, according to his South Carolina bio.

• 4 weeks later...

Somewhat interesting from an arkie fan friend.

Apparently Arkansas was originally named the arkie cardinals. Then around 1910 the coach said they played like wild razorbacks. The student body wanted to change the name, so they did.

However, texarkana Arkansas high school was already using that that name, razorbacks. So the college gave them used equipment to use the name razorbacks.

• 4 weeks later...

Take a look at Sam Pittman's new slobbering Razorbacks statue

Inspired by the Arkansas "Slobberin Hog" throwback logo, Sam Pittman had a new statue installed installed at his place.

DOUG SAMUELS         MAR 21, 2022

While he's only been the head coach there for two seasons, there's no doubt that Sam Pittman is a Razorback to his core.  The fan base has embraced him from the jump, and he and his staff have really turned things around in Fayetteville faster than most expected.

Fit is a word that gets thrown around a lot in the coaching profession, but Pittman really seems like a natural fit at Arkansas, and from the looks of it, he's really leaning into that.

According to some new pictures he recently shared, Pittman recently added a few hog statues by the water at his place.

These aren't just your typical statues though. As the pictures show, at least one of them has a water feature to make it look like a slobbering hog.

For those unfamiliar, the "Slobberin hog" is a throwback version of the Razorbacks logo that is well known from its use during the 1994 men's basketball team's run to the national title.

Check this beauty out.

slobbering-hog-statue.webp 

pittman-hog-slobber.webp

pittman-hog.webp

pittman-hog-1.webp

• 3 weeks later...

Arkansas Razorbacks Schedule 2022

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT      
Sat, 9/3
vsCINCIN

Sat, 9/10
vsSCSC

Sat, 9/17
vsMOSTMOST

Sat, 9/24
vsTA&MTA&M *

Sat, 10/1
vsALAALA

Sat, 10/8
@MSSTMSST

Sat, 10/15
@BYUBYU

Sat, 10/29
@AUBAUB

Sat, 11/5
vsLIBLIB

Sat, 11/12
vsLSULSU

Sat, 11/19
vsMISSMISS

Sat, 11/26
@MIZMIZ

* Game played at neutral location

On 4/12/2022 at 9:05 AM, LTtxfan said:

Arkansas Razorbacks Schedule 2022

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT      
Sat, 9/3
vsCINCIN

Sat, 9/10
vsSCSC

Sat, 9/17
vsMOSTMOST

Sat, 9/24
vsTA&MTA&M *

Sat, 10/1
vsALAALA

Sat, 10/8
@MSSTMSST

Sat, 10/15
@BYUBYU

Sat, 10/29
@AUBAUB

Sat, 11/5
vsLIBLIB

Sat, 11/12
vsLSULSU

Sat, 11/19
vsMISSMISS

Sat, 11/26
@MIZMIZ

* Game played at neutral location

Cincy will be a good game. The Bearkats might upset them. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 5:59 AM, Longboard Horn said:

aggy wouldn't care. Those bitches are purposely trying to dodge us. 

Guess they don't want aggy  😋

SEC Media Days 2022: Arkansas' Sam Pittman wants Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri on schedule once league expands 

https://247sports.com/Article/SEC-Media-Days-2022-Arkansas-Sam-Pittman-wants-Texas-Oklahoma-Missouri-on-schedule-once-league-expands-190319293/