2022 US Open tennis

shadow_operative2.0

This Alcaraz Sinner match is super quality tennis.  Really nice hitting from both.  Sinner just not quite as good at the toughest moments so far but if it goes to 1-1 who knows.

Pegula drinking the beer in her presser will have me rooting for her from now on.  That was awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

This match is fucking C R A Z Y !!!

The latest ending ever for a match at the US OPEN is 2:26AM.

After nearly 4 1/2 HOURS and at 2:02AM local time, they have just wrapped up the 4th set and are heading for the 5th.

If both kids keep playing hard, this could easily go to 3:00AM EDT.

The level of play never dipped. It was just ridiculous!

You knew that it was going to be crushing for the loser, but I think that the fans won’t look back and think “Álcaraz beat Sinner”, but rather…

Álcaraz AND Sinner played the most incredible match that I have ever seen!!”

These two will always be linked from now on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I know I’m repeating here, but that Alcaraz v Sinner match was one of the best matches I’ve watched. I would put it right up there with the 2012 Australian Open final between Nadal and Djokovic, which had a level of tennis I thought wouldn’t be matched again, until it did last night. Incredible 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 2

It was fantastic.  Carlos just had a fraction more.  His forehand may be the best I’ve ever seen when he is prepared. Delpo had a hammer but Carlos looks like a lightning bolt hitting down on it.  I think they were talking a about it being over 100 mph multiple times.

And Sinners game is pretty damn good.  I think both of them need better second serves   and Carlos needed to stop hitting the wide second.

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I know I’m repeating here, but that Alcaraz v Sinner match was one of the best matches I’ve watched. I would put it right up there with the 2012 Australian Open final between Nadal and Djokovic, which had a level of tennis I thought wouldn’t be matched again, until it did last night. Incredible 

The Roddick-Federer 2009 Wimbledon is up there for me as well. 

Irina is a mental basket case.  She is tough when it doesn’t matter but with big stages she folds.  Fat Ons to win her first major would be sad and hilarious at the same time.

Anyone catch Sharapova in the booth in match 1?  Didn’t recognize her with black hair.  Still looks good. 

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Say what you want about Pegula’s lack of personality, her drinking a Heineken during her presser after taking the loss is a mood. 

I think that she is just super focused on the court and cool off of it, but I'm typing this from outside Asheville, NC. I watched her parents' football team (Da Bills) win after dinner with my high school buddies/fantasy football crew.

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

Irina is a mental basket case.  She is tough when it doesn’t matter but with big stages she folds.  [1] Fat Ons to win her first major would be sad and hilarious at the same time.

Anyone catch Sharapova in the booth in match 1?  Didn’t recognize her [2] with black hair.  Still looks good. 

You've got some strange hang ups.

[1] Ons has been getting trimmer and trimmer and has reached her 2nd Grand Slam Final in a row. No other woman has made consecutive Grand Slam Finals this year.

Rather than focusing on any aspect of her game, the focus is that she doesn't have a stomach like Kudermetova. She's not nearly the heaviest girl on your. She's probably more likely in the middle of the pack due to her height.

[2] Sharapova does NOT have black hair. That's light to medium brown. There's an incel vibe of judgement in the post that seem more of a stretch than just ripping a bitch with a horrible attitude. 

Ons & Maria seem to be pretty good people, especially Ons.

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

His first serve tonight, to be kind, has been subpar. His forehand is also not real good. Those are two things you need to have working to beat this guy.

I barely watch any tennis - but I watch a fuck ton of sports.

Alcaraz is the better player. It's unfortunate but it's clear. It's nice to see an American rep us like this but ultimately no one in this country gives a shit about tennis and hasn't since the end of Agassi and the prime of Tiger.

It's going to take a phenom of phenoms to get America back into this sport. 

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I barely watch any tennis - but I watch a fuck ton of sports.

Alcaraz is the better player. It's unfortunate but it's clear. It's nice to see an American rep us like this but ultimately no one in this country gives a shit about tennis and hasn't since the end of Agassi and the prime of Tiger.

It's going to take a phenom of phenoms to get America back into this sport. 

That’s not true. Tennis is a major sport and plenty play it. High school and college teams are plenty. And the US is well represented in the top 100 mens and womens professional tennis, just not the top 5. There is plenty to criticize about how we teach tennis in the US as other counties do prioritize it at the government level (the US has virtually no sport sponsorship equivalent) but it’s not unpopular even if it’s not as well watched as the major team sports.