2022 Texans: That’s the Power of Lovie

The Earl of Texas

We’re 19th in Strength of Schedule. Jags may get better under new leadership, but I don’t think the Colts necessarily took any big steps forward.
Running game looks much better, and if we can run and play good D, no reason not to have a sliver of optimism.

The Colts took a huge step forward imo with the QB position. They have good skill level players and a decent defense. I think the Colts have a chance to win the division as I don’t think the Titans will be as good this year.

Cut day to get to the 53 man roster. Notables so far: Marlon Mack, Russ Blacklock traded to Vikings, Jeff Driskel (finally). Flush Eric Murray and Scharping and we’ll have gotten rid of every horrible player picked by BOB and Preacher Jack. Texans should sign Sony Michel who was just released.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

Wow, what a spectacular flaming bag of shit the 2019 draft was - that Lonnie Johnson/Sharpring/Kahle Wahring stretch was especially impressive.  Howard has actually turned out to be fairly reliable (Andre Dillard is riding the pine after 3 years in Philly) though I bet we could have got Tytus in the 2nd round. Blacklock a complete bust early in the 2nd round in 2020; at the time I was pissed that we dealt our other 2nd round that year for Cooks, though he’s turned out to be solid….

• Hook 'Em 1

Pierce and Pitre both look awesome. If Sting and Green can get close to meeting expectations it could be a really good 2022 draft class.

Definitely an awkward year - either want to completely bust and pick up Stroud or Young or show meaningful progress. The worst would be 5-6 wins. Enough to be out of the QB race but not enough to feel good.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Getting OJ Howard for a bag of football was impressive. Well done Caserio.

Are the Texans good?

Maybe not the worst team in the league good, but I still can't get over that ESPN article that ranked every Texans position group except CB, in the bottom 5.

I think Caserio had a great off-season, and Pep Hamilton was a great hire at OC. Davis Mills was the #1 HS QB in his class, and he ran a pro system at Stanford. Him leaving a year early really helped the Texans. They wouldn't have gotten him in the past draft.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You couldn't write up a better Houston Texans script.

To tell the truth, I’d prefer to lose every game but in a competitive manner. They’re not winning anything this year and could use another big draft. One of the QBs, if needed, or Anderson would be nice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

To tell the truth, I’d prefer to lose every game but in a competitive manner. They’re not winning anything this year and could use another big draft. One of the QBs, if needed, or Anderson would be nice. 

They’re at least entertaining to watch with young talent that you can root for unlike the past couple of seasons. Mills has been inaccurate the past few series. Needs to be on the money here in OT.