2022 Texans: That’s the Power of Lovie

The Earl of Texas

Sick of crappy coaching decisions by the Texans. Why can’t we ever hire a good coach. Second rate coaching decision by a retread coach. You’d think a guy that’s been fired pretty quickly in both of his previous stops would be more aggressive.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I knew that punt reminded me of something.

If you’re going to punt on 4th down, why in the unholy hell do you run that uncreative, 1954 Bears-Lions, blind men saw it coming, old school grumpy cloud-yelling bullshit play on 3rd down?

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Sick of crappy coaching decisions by the Texans. Why can’t we ever hire a good coach. Second rate coaching decision by a retread coach. You’d think a guy that’s been fired pretty quickly in both of his previous stops would be more aggressive.

Lovie has been to a Superbowl, he's the best coach 2nd best (Kubiak's SB win in Denver makes him better) we have had, which is saying something about the coaches we have had. I have no idea what the organization is trying to do, but not going for wins, when everyone expects you to lose badly, when you have the chance seems like the wrong choice.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

Any coach who admits to coaching for a tie instead of going for the win in the freaking season opener should never coach again.

I mean, it's one thing if it's the last game of the season and your playoff seed is locked in.  Fine, whatever.  

But in the season opener, you gutless fuck?

We're not gonna win many this season.  This was a chance at one.  At home.  Do you really think 5-11-1 is better than 5-12?  Go for the fucking win.

What is wrong with you?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

This team has nothing to lose (except draft position). If they go all-in and win, it’s exciting and confidence building for the young players. If they fail and lose, it’s still a learning experience and better draft pick. What the fuck is gained by a Rex Burkhead tortoise dive followed by a punt?

• Hook 'Em 3

Being from SA, I’ve always been a fan of both Texas NFL teams. If I put my Cowboys hat on for a moment, I would swap franchises with the Texans in a heartbeat. Stupid coaching decisions aside, I think the Texans are heading the right direction. There is a lot of hope for the future.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

They, especially Wilson, have been terrible. Unfortunately, Mills has only been slightly better. At least today, he doesn’t look like the answer. 

He has no help at WR. This is easily the worst WR group in the NFL and probably in the Texans history. The best WR on the team dropped an easy TD earlier. Metchie being out for the season really hurts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

He has no help at WR. This is easily the worst WR group in the NFL and probably in the Texans history. The best WR on the team dropped an easy TD earlier. Metchie being out for the season really hurts.

Yep! Just the Texans luck that their #1 pick badass WR gets cancer and misses his rookie year. I hope the kid is recovering well and has a future in this league, but they may want to use on of their number ones on another WR next year.

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yep! Just the Texans luck that their #1 pick badass WR gets cancer and misses his rookie year. I hope the kid is recovering well and has a future in this league, but they may want to use on of their number ones on another WR next year.

He was their 4th pick and the 9th receiver taken overall.  But I get your point. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sal said:

This offense is worse this year

Agree and that is something I would have never thought. Mills has looked like shit. Pep Hamilton’s offense is a joke and is fucking archaic compared to modern NFL offenses. The routes that the WRs are running are not helping Mills one bit. One of Mills’ strengths is the deep ball and they’re doing nothing to stretch the field. Waste of an afternoon watching that crap.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Mills has been awful, no other way to say it.

Yep, he was awful on those last 2 drives. This offense is just awful. The OL doesn't hold up despite having 3 1st round picks on it. The WRs are the worst in franchise history. Not sure what happened to the Bama TE, because I don't think he played much or wasn't targeted at all despite 2 RZ TDs last week. I like the RB from Florida, but Burkhead is awful.

I'd give Mills this season and then tank for Ewers, but hopefully you can stabilize some of the other offensive rooms before Quinn gets here.