2022 Texans: That’s the Power of Lovie

The Earl of Texas

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Between Prime streaming and the Astros, hopefully not too many people will watch this smooth ass butt fucking that is about to happen. WTF was the NFL thinking? Why would you put this dogshit on primetime?

The NFL has to be laughing their asses off while cashing those Bezos checks and providing absolute crap content for Amazon to stream.

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

WTF was the NFL thinking? Why would you put this dogshit on primetime?

Every team gets one prime time game a year. They probably figured the Thursday Amazon game during the World Series would be the least watched, so they shoved the Texans there. They probably would’ve loved knocking the Lions off their list tonight too. 

• Like 1

Every year NFL “experts” say the teams at the top of the draft that need or kinda need a QB must take whoever they have rated QB1, even if the top QB that year wouldn’t even be a first (or even second) round pick in other drafts. 

I really hope the Texans do not spend their own pick on a QB this year. Bryce Young is small, which by itself is forgivable to reasonable people, but despite being surrounded by first round talent at OL/WR/RB, he doesn’t put up play station stats, doesn’t always put up good points (could mostly be BoB’s fault), lost twice already (almost to Texas too). He may be good in the NFL, but I wouldn’t burn a top 3 pick to find out. 
Basically the same for Stroud, who throws to wide open first round WRs, almost never even looks at a second read, and refused to run with the ball until a couple weeks ago because all the draft experts were dogging him for it. He might be better than the last 5 or 10 Ohio State busts, but I wouldn’t gamble a top 3 pick to find out. 
The Kentucky QB fucking sucks. His stats have been dog shit, they struggle against mediocre teams and get their ass kicked by hood teams. I watched the second half of their game yesterday vs Vandy and he blew goat ass. 
Tennessee QB will be 26 next year and isn’t worth a first round pick anyway. 

If these guys slide and they can get Young or Stroud with the Browns pick, so be it. They need a bad ass stud with their top 3. Through half a season it looks like Caserio was wrong and the world was right about Sauce vs Stingley;  and they should’ve drafted someone at #13 who contributes more than aggy guard has so far. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

^^^
Well that’s not happening. The Texans will and should draft a quarterback. You never know what next year’s draft pool will actually look like. Everyone said that this year’s QB class would be outstanding . It doesn’t appear to have turned out that way. But at some point, this team has to start moving forward and drafting a lineman doesn’t ring that bell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In various years this century, the best rated QBs were David Carr, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Dwayne Haskins, Blake Bortles, Mayfield/Sam Darnold, Malik Willis/Kenny Pickett, etc. If a QB has just as good chance of being below average as he does being great, why blow a top 3 pick on him? Reaching for QBs is how bad teams stay bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 1:43 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Mills fills me with confidence 

Good. Keep starting him. Need the #1 pick, and I wouldn't take a QB. This team is too shitty to draft a QB this year. The best way to ruin a QB is to put him on a shitty team with a shit OL and shitty skill position players around him, i.e. David Carr. Get the OL right and get some real WRs. Then go get your QB in 2024, when you are going to have your last draft with 2 1st round picks.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Good. Keep starting him. Need the #1 pick, and I wouldn't take a QB. This team is too shitty to draft a QB this year. The best way to ruin a QB is to put him on a shitty team with a shit OL and shitty skill position players around him, i.e. David Carr. Get the OL right and get some real WRs. Then go get your QB in 2024, when you are going to have your last draft with 2 1st round picks.

Davis Mills shows a hint of promise, but remains extremely inconsistent and will help the Texans secure the #1 pick which will be Bryce Young.  This will be the third consecutive year the team has been dreadful and the organization needs to win back fan support.  A lot of season ticket holders expressed their displeasure by walking away rather than renew tickets for the 2022 season.  I know several people who had been on a waiting list for years to get season tickets who were contacted this summer.  Now, no one is buying season tickets based on the current product on the field, so you have to be buying hope.  You gotta believe Nick Caserio is a visionary who will get the right pieces in place to turn things around.  To that end, the team has 12 picks in the 2023 NFL draft (the most of any team) including 2 first round and 2 third round picks.  Having the #1 pick and selecting a QB is the franchise’s only move, and if Caserio’s smart, he takes a WR with the next pick.  Ah, the excitement of a rookie franchise QB throwing to a rookie franchise WR.  The new faces of a young up and coming team.  Cha-Ching.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Another year of Lovie and Mills is not going to cut it. 

Draft Young and OLine help. Waiting for the perfect situation to draft a qb is like waiting on the perfect time to have a kid. There is rarely a perfect time.

Go ahead and draft one of the QBs, but don't be surprised when they bust because the WRs suck and OL can't block. You are absolutely setting them up for failure and a wasted pick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Go ahead and draft one of the QBs, but don't be surprised when they bust because the WRs suck and OL can't block. You are absolutely setting them up for failure and a wasted pick.

I agree with this. Build the lines and everything else first. Eventually get a qb somehow but don’t reach unless it’s a sure thing like Andrew luck or whatever. Hell, they got Watson that way.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I agree with this. Build the lines and everything else first. Eventually get a qb somehow but don’t reach unless it’s a sure thing like Andrew luck or whatever. Hell, they got Watson that way.

This. Oakland, Carolina, Detroit, and Seattle are in the top 10 and could all be looking QB. The Texans OL and WR are trash and none of the QBs are even close “sure things.” If they could get one of these teams to trade up to #1 to get their preferred QB, I’d gladly accept the additional draft capital. Detroit and Seattle both have two firsts this year. Hell GB or Indy could want to trade up and give you a shit load of extra picks. Houston needs to acquire as many first and second round picks as possible, stop drafting players with injury issues, and stay away from QBs with a decent chance of busting. 

1B7055FF-819A-41FE-AD43-A6D6680F489E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/17/2022 at 10:33 PM, HtownHorn said:

You are right from a football perspective. Building the lines or just simply upgrading the talent overall is the way to go. But there is no guarantee there either. They could draft Will Anderson and he could turn out to be JAG. And I'm fine if they go that route as long as they draft QBs in the later rounds. Just do not keep trotting Mills out there. 

But a fan, this team needs something to get excited about. Plus I thing Young is going to be a winner in the pros. 

• Hook 'Em 1

LOL another Mills’ INT. This is the most boring team imaginable. At least when we had losing teams with Kubiak his offense was fun to watch. Awful, boring offense and defense. Quite an accomplishment. Biggest applause of the game occurred when they showed Bregman sitting in Tommy Boy’s suite.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Is Lovie fired yet this morning?  And has Cal McNair sold the team to competent ownership?  Let me know when these two things occur, then I can raise my level of give a shit about the Texans to tepid.  

Sell it, rename it back to the Oilers, hire a good head coach.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Is Lovie fired yet this morning?  And has Cal McNair sold the team to competent ownership?  Let me know when these two things occur, then I can raise my level of give a shit about the Texans to tepid.  

Cal does not own the team, his mother does.

That family is not selling, regardless and unfortunately.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Macklemore said:

LOL another Mills’ INT. This is the most boring team imaginable. At least when we had losing teams with Kubiak his offense was fun to watch. Awful, boring offense and defense. Quite an accomplishment. Biggest applause of the game occurred when they showed Bregman sitting in Tommy Boy’s suite.

Please keep Bregman away, I don’t want any part of the stench/shit from this horrible franchise on him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:40 AM, Rip76 said:

Sell it, rename it back to the Oilers, hire a good head coach.

Adams Strunk is 67, and assholes never die. Then there’s the matter of whatever she wants to write in her will. 

I don’t we’ll see the Houston Oilers again in our lifetime. Maybe there’s hope for the next generation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Even if the Adams’ made  the “Oilers” tag available, a long as the McNair clan owns the franchise I would give it small chance they would make the move necessary to acquire it. Tommy Boy and mama would see it as a matter of pride to maintain daddy’s legacy on the franchise he worked so hard to get. The merchandising bump may be significant enough to justify it, but I still doubt they would do it. JMO.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Adams Strunk is 67, and assholes never die. Then there’s the matter of whatever she wants to write in her will. 

I don’t we’ll see the Houston Oilers again in our lifetime. Maybe there’s hope for the next generation. 

Trademarks last only as long as the owner uses the item trademarked. So, Rule Against Perpetuities, anyone? 

44 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Needed to happen. 

No doubt. Kyle Allen is somehow worse than Mills, so the tankathon is in full effect. Perfect world, the team wins only one game (Cleveland) the rest of the year, the rookies/2nd year guys keep improving, and games are close heading into the 4th quarter...