2022 Texans: That’s the Power of Lovie

The Earl of Texas

23 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

I think if he’s available, you have to do what you can to make that happen.

Gotta tank first and have Culley and Lovie fall on that sword. Then gos willing get pick número uno and Peyton? That would be a dream come true. Lovie deserves better but he’s gettin paid, god bless him!

13 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

There isn't a franchise qb in this draft. Have to many spots needing help. Draft oline and linebackers.

I don’t know how you can say Bryce Young isn’t a franchise QB. His mobility, arm strength, accuracy and ability to read defenses is pretty damn elite. All he is missing is ideal height. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I don’t know how you can say Bryce Young isn’t a franchise QB. His mobility, arm strength, accuracy and ability to read defenses is pretty damn elite. All he is missing is ideal height. 

You know who coached a midget QB to great success a little east of here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You know who coached a midget QB to great success a little east of here.

Ewok is 5’10”. Bryce is an even 6’. Jalen Hurts and Tua have been killing it and they are 6’1”. I think we’d be ok with Bryce considering everything else he brings to the table is elite.

• Like 1

I don't know what it is, I just don't see bryce as a franchise qb. I don't have much faith or belief in qbs from Bama. If Texans take him, I hope I'm wrong.
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Ok. I’ve been saying that the Texans have to take a QB in this draft. Seeing USC’s Caleb Williams tonight has changed my mind. He’s Mahomes 2.0. Take a stud a pass rusher and start Tank Mills for another year. 

Agree he’s gonna be a beast in the nfl

18 hours ago, Jshep34 said:
19 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I don't know what it is, I just don't see bryce as a franchise qb. I don't have much faith or belief in qbs from Bama. If Texans take him, I hope I'm wrong.

I have less faith in Lincoln Riley Heisman QBs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

As the DC of the best defense in the NFL, seems to me he’s winning a fuckload more than he’s losing….

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Wat?

I love DeMeco and think he's a great coach. I mean starting a head coaching career with this train wreck of a franchise won't do his personal w/l record any favors

The Texans will become the all time Rooney Rule champions if they hire Demeco next. The “Texans are racists!” narrative will have to change into “you know why they have hired the most black coaches? Because they have also fired the most black coaches! F’ Bob McNair and his noodle brained son!”

I’m all for young aggressive coaches, so bring on Demeco and some hotshot OC. Still wouldn’t take a QB this draft. The Bucs’ inability to run the football cost the Texans some draft position today on that Browns pick. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The Texans will become the all time Rooney Rule champions if they hire Demeco next. The “Texans are racists!” narrative will have to change into “you know why they have hired the most black coaches? Because they have also fired the most black coaches! F’ Bob McNair and his noodle brained son!”

I’m all for young aggressive coaches, so bring on Demeco and some hotshot OC. Still wouldn’t take a QB this draft. The Bucs’ inability to run the football cost the Texans some draft position today on that Browns pick. 

Yeah that Cleveland win sucked today. Hopefully the Raiders hold on against Seattle and get another 3-win team up to 4. Carolina winning was key, because if there’s any owner willing to mortgage their future for a QB it’s the Panthers’. Unless the Texans are really sold on Young/Stroud, I’d trade back a bit and take a team like Carolina’s #1 in 2024 instead of their #2 in 2023 and go all-in on Caleb Williams. I’d be OK with Young as long as they used some of that free agent $$ to seriously upgrade Center and one of the Guard spots…

• Hook 'Em 1

Upon much reflection and several shots of bourbon, I’m officially on the Bryce Young train. There are some risks like any other QB, but he’s got a great arm, some wheels, and he’s not a fucking head case. If we grab a QB at #1 we’re going to have to ignore holes on D in 2023 and disproportionately use FA $$ and draft picks on OL/WR, but you have to start somewhere…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

No on Stroud.

And the more I think about it, it wouldn't be fair to foist Hamilton and Lovie on Bryce Young.

I would love for the Texans to draft Young and spend some money on help for him. But it wouldn't mean much with this staff.

Bingo.  You cannot draft a young QB and have this staff coach him.  If the don't want to pay another coach to or aren't 100% sold on Young (I'm not), wait another year and get some quality OL and DL with those 2 1st rounders.

• Like 1

The Texans are so obviously tanking for the first pick in the draft that only Cal McNair could fuck it up and clean house with some FCA dweeb in a nice suit who decides Bryce Young isn't sufficiently jesus-lovin to wear the colors of the mighty Houston Texans. 

What a tire fire of a season.