8.29.22 Coach Sark PC at 11 am

bigup2dahorns

Lots of potential of explosive play talk. Last year is in the rear view mirror. Gonna play a ton of guys v ULM. Ewers doesn’t show how he is feeling on the field. He has to trust his coaches. Culture is at an all time high since Sark has been there (well shit I would hope so.) it’s not like he is going to release the depth chart and give us a preview of ULM specifically. Terry Bowden will have them coached up Sark said and we expect a challenge. Blah blah blah…post game pressers are usually where you get all the sauce. 

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Was hoping one of the bozo media members would at least ask about the starting OL and if the first 5 have been decided on.

We should be getting a depth chart right now, right?  Does it usually get released before or after presser?

• Hook 'Em 1

I came into this thread specifically for the "Well... you look at 'team over there and it's just about X" and nothing. I need my Herman table setting.. Miss that. 

Prime example - "You look at Oklahoma State over there and it's just all about the tradition of Mike Gundy still being business in the front and party in the back. "

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

We should be getting a depth chart right now, right?  Does it usually get released before or after presser?

I think it got released Monday afternoon or on Tuesday last year.

Regardless, I bet the depth chart has a bunch of 'or' on it. Was hoping to get some more concrete info from Sarkisian himself.

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

"The Cougar ground game, meanwhile, was operating in reverse. BYU wound up with a minus-29 yards rushing.

The Cougars... did make some headway in the air. Quarterback Steve Sarkisian, making the leap from junior college football to the BYU starting lineup, completed 25 of 42 passes for 346 yards and two touchdowns. But, operating behind an offensive line with only one returning starter in left tackle James Johnson, Sarkisian also had his troubles, throwing two interceptions, fumbling once and getting sacked four times.

'He got a real baptism,' Edwards said. 'Of course, he didn’t have anybody around him to help. Everything pretty much broke down around him. We had no running attack at all. That was the worst possible thing that could have happened to us, because then all the pressure is on the quarterback. It makes it very difficult when it’s the guy’s first outing.'”

1 hour ago, TexasBeta said:

I came into this thread specifically for the "Well... you look at 'team over there and it's just about X" and nothing. I need my Herman table setting.. Miss that. 

Prime example - "You look at Oklahoma State over there and it's just all about the tradition of Mike Gundy still being business in the front and party in the back. "

I believe that was Mr. Strong's insightful table setting technique. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasBeta said:

Just now, Nightfly said:

I believe that was Mr. Strong's insightful table setting technique. 

I think so too.

And wasn't it usually @mdmost or @mdleast who came up with the weekly line?  I can't tell those two apart, they all look the same to me.

• Like 1