8.29.22 Coach Sark PC at 11 am

bigup2dahorns

16 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Here we go, Jabba the Ketch stirring shit up again:

I've only been following Recruiting since the beginning of Charlie Strong's tenure, and by proxy the Texas "insiders," however this is probably the most egregious thing I've ever seen by that fuck. Is there anything we can do to get their press credentials yoinked?

32 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Does that fucking idiot think that Dorbah, Harris, and Tapp didn't see what was happening in practice?  Like they didn't see Burke getting snaps with the 1's and playing with the 2's while they were sitting with the reserves?  In a litany of stupid fucking things that idiot has written this is near the top.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Sark coached under Saban who generally seems like he holds the media in pretty high contempt.  Why? Because they just don't matter much at least personally to a coach.  Coaches get hired to be fired.  The only, ONLY thing that stops that from happening is winning, then winning again, then winning some more, and then some more.  Sark can be as friendly as he wants to the media and if he keeps losing his ass will be deader than fried chicken.  Spending too much time dicking around working or worrying about media takes the focus off of winning football, which is the only thing that is assured to save your ass long term at a place like Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, speed817 said:

Reminds me of this.....

image.thumb.jpeg.af14a9006516571d0a734ccb19371cb8.jpeg

I almost called her a scary clown but was trying to be nice. I see many others have the same opinion. I would be scared to death to wake up next to that in the middle of the night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Is there anything we can do to get their press credentials yoinked?

If Kurt Bowels still has credentials after not voting VY for Heisman, then there is no hope to pull any power from these clowns.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

First off, anyone that would “bare with” fat ketch would probably also do sex on half the ULM cheer squad.

2nd - what player really gives a shit where their name is listed. Either they are playing or not. It doesn’t matter what it says on the sheet of paper. And if the ones that aren’t playing want to leave, then get in the motherfucker. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Tbh I don't really understand the purpose of hiding the depth chart. I'm sure the coaches have one and the players probably know it (or will soon). I'm guessing Sark sees it as a culture thing? A little gimmicky if so imo.

With that said, who gives a shit. These sports "reporters" have some of the most overinflated egos...

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Tbh I don't really understand the purpose of hiding the depth chart. I'm sure the coaches have one and the players probably know it (or will soon). I'm guessing Sark sees it as a culture thing? A little gimmicky if so imo.

With that said, who gives a shit. These sports "reporters" have some of the most overinflated egos...

There is a greater than zero chance that he just didn't feel like releasing one and there's no special reason behind it. Like you said, the players know where they stand. They aren't stupid and are at practice every day.

Other programs also didn't release a depth chart yesterday. But when big bad Texas does it, everyone loses their shit.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I think the players absolutely know where they stand in the pecking order - but by not releasing a depth chart that info stays within the team.  Family / Friends/ Social Media Assholes and even coaches on other teams looking to poach won't be able to use a depth chart against a player.

I don't know if that has anything to do with the decision - but its definitely a bonus for the coaching staff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Maybe it's just to make it a little bit harder for Bama to prepare for us this week.

It could be "Hey guys, the depth chart isn't set in stone.  You have 1 week to work your ass off if you want to start on Saturday."

It could be Sark is just fucking with the media, and doesn't want to have to answer dumb question from Kurt and FCB.

Or maybe (as aggy tells it), the boosters are putting too much pressure on Sark to name their preferred starters, and all of our players have fragile egos that he has to protect by not releasing a depth chart.

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Or maybe (as aggy tells it), the boosters are putting too much pressure on Sark to name their preferred starters, and all of our players have fragile egos that he has to protect by not releasing a depth chart.

This is hilarious to see on twitter. As if a depth chart determines playing time. You could list whoever you want as first team and then when the game rolls around, play who you want to play.

They were all planning to write one, two, or three articles “analyzing” the depth chart. Now, they have to do some real reporting work to come up with content on game weeks. 

Lazy, whiny grifter fucks.

They’ll adapt soon enough with the “real” depth chart according to made-up sources.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

They were all planning to write one, two, or three articles “analyzing” the depth chart. Now, they have to do some real reporting work to come up with content on game weeks. 

They’ll adapt soon enough with the “real” depth chart according to made-up sources.

But now they can write one, two, or three articles on "speculating" what the depth chart will be. 

24 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

There is a greater than zero chance that he just didn't feel like releasing one and there's no special reason behind it. Like you said, the players know where they stand. They aren't stupid and are at practice every day.

Other programs also didn't release a depth chart yesterday. But when big bad Texas does it, everyone loses their shit.

So much of it is probably in flux and going to be dependent on the first few games of the season that he maybe figured there wasn't much of a point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

imagine being an adult male and melting down about a fucking depth chart not being released.  my lord.

and running to a website meant for assholes and children and using your fat, greasy fingers to tweet not one, not two, not three, but a whole series of twats about it.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Yup. Now those made up stories about locker room drama will have to wait to see who gets actual playing time.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Flip side of the that, What is the purpose of issuing a depth chart to the press? 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jinx said:

First off, anyone that would “bare with” fat ketch would probably also do sex on half the ULM cheer squad.

2nd - what player really gives a shit where their name is listed. Either they are playing or not. It doesn’t matter what it says on the sheet of paper. And if the ones that aren’t playing want to leave, then get in the motherfucker. 

I would much rather "do sex" on half of the ULM cheer squad than "bare with" fat Ketch. There's a huge difference...like vats of dipping sauce difference.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

In era of tranfer portal and NIL probably not a bad idea. Why put something out officially that other teams could potentiall use against you in trying to poach someone by getting in their ear about where they are on it.  As fas as product on the field and W/L I don't see releasing a depth chart as something that helps that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My kid went to ULM for Undergrad.  Hard not to turn down a full academic scholarship.  The campus is actually pretty nice with a beautiful library overlooking the Bayou and their claim to fame is they are nearly every year National Collegiate Water Ski Champions like 30 times or something.

However, the one thing that makes me pause about these sorts of games looking at it from the point of view of the kids at the smaller schools, is the potential for life changing injuries.  Simply that the payouts are big for the small schools, but the kids are often at such a disadvantage that I wonder about the potential for life changing injuries versus the big check the school gets.  I realize it's the only way for a smaller school to make money via athletics.  Anyhow I know we will be dominant, and the only prayers I ever have before games is that the kids on both sides stay healthy (sometimes modified for OU to be honest).  

Since I know we roll them my only hope beyond victory is that no kids on either side have any life altering injuries.  Hook'em!

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think the players absolutely know where they stand in the pecking order - but by not releasing a depth chart that info stays within the team.  Family / Friends/ Social Media Assholes and even coaches on other teams looking to poach won't be able to use a depth chart against a player.

I don't know if that has anything to do with the decision - but its definitely a bonus for the coaching staff.

6 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

6 hours ago, Hornlover said:

But now they can write one, two, or three articles on "speculating" what the depth chart will be. 

6 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yup. Now those made up stories about locker room drama will have to wait to see who gets actual playing time.

6 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Flip side of the that, What is the purpose of issuing a depth chart to the press? 

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

In era of tranfer portal and NIL probably not a bad idea. Why put something out officially that other teams could potentiall use against you in trying to poach someone by getting in their ear about where they are on it.  As fas as product on the field and W/L I don't see releasing a depth chart as something that helps that.

Esta! All a depth chart would do is make it easy for the lazy ass reporters to write up some bullshit to sell to morons. To me, this is another sign/signal that Sark could give a fuck about those publications or reporters and if they want in, they have to earn it. Fuck’em, particularly FatFuck Ketch and John Eat Another Ham Sandwich McClain. In the immortal words of Bill Burr… “Go Fuck Yourself.”

Dear “Reporters”, your gravy train and insider bullshit sources are closed for business. Get to work or get fucked. You want a depth chart? Here it is:

Dipshit Program Haters:

Starters: 1)Jabba the Ketch Or John Ham Sandwich McClain Or Pat Forde Or Brian Davis Or FCB Or… 🖕🏼

🤘🏼Sark

Edited by Droopy
Fuck our reporters and their shitty takes
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Droopy said:

Esta! All a depth chart would do is make it easy for the lazy ass reporters to write up some bullshit to sell to morons. To me, this is another sign/signal that Sark could give a fuck about those publications or reporters and if they want in, they have to earn it. Fuck’em, particularly FatFuck Ketch and John Eat Another Ham Sandwich McClain. In the immortal words of Bill Burr… “Go Fuck Yourself.”

Dear “Reporters”, your gravy train and insider bullshit sources are closed for business. Get to work or get fucked. You want a depth chart? Here it is:

Dipshit Program Haters:

Starters: 1)Jabba the Ketch Or John Ham Sandwich McClain Or Pat Forde Or Brian Davis Or FCB Or… 🖕🏼

🤘🏼Sark

Your newsletter...I would like to subscribe to it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, horn4life said:

My kid went to ULM for Undergrad.  Hard not to turn down a full academic scholarship.  The campus is actually pretty nice with a beautiful library overlooking the Bayou and their claim to fame is they are nearly every year National Collegiate Water Ski Champions like 30 times or something.

However, the one thing that makes me pause about these sorts of games looking at it from the point of view of the kids at the smaller schools, is the potential for life changing injuries.  Simply that the payouts are big for the small schools, but the kids are often at such a disadvantage that I wonder about the potential for life changing injuries versus the big check the school gets.  I realize it's the only way for a smaller school to make money via athletics.  Anyhow I know we will be dominant, and the only prayers I ever have before games is that the kids on both sides stay healthy (sometimes modified for OU to be honest).  

Since I know we roll them my only hope beyond victory is that no kids on either side have any life altering injuries.  Hook'em!

Those small school kids will be in a bar 40 years from now, telling everybody about the time they played in DKR.

32 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Today I opened my Texas football magazine and turned it to the Texas longhorns page and there was no depth chart?!?!?!?!? Has anyone covered how insane this is??????? Are we even gonna have players vs ULM? Will there be multiple players or just 1??? Will there be depth?

per anwar you should expect to see multiple players on saturday night.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Hahah. This guy was actually our coach, and the next one was just as bad. 

Stop it...he was not.  One never had a winning season, and was 0-1 in bowl games; the other never had a losing season, and was 4-0 in bowl games.  Still not what we expect from Texas football, but to say that one was as bad as the other is just stupid and lazy.

• Hook 'Em 1