8.29.22 Coach Sark PC at 11 am

bigup2dahorns

The barrier to entry for Twitter is very low. The quality of the product is usually in accordance.

Depth charts belong with the fax machine in the bin of "things that used to convey information, but now are largely just advertisements for vacation rentals and bogus health insurance". Aside from probably 5 OL and a QB, nothing on either side of the ball really has a position or assurance. We might run TE, RB, and WR in any combination. Maybe on this play a big possession receiver stands in the "X" space. Maybe on the next a speedy guy is lined up there. In the next series, we've recovered a fumble on the 2 yard line, so Cam Williams is playing the TE position. Depth charts don't MAS.

If you're in uniform Saturday night, know where your helmet is and where you line up when your formation is called. Everything else is effluvia.

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

Stop it...he was not.  One never had a winning season, and was 0-1 in bowl games; the other never had a losing season, and was 4-0 in bowl games.  Still not what we expect from Texas football, but to say that one was as bad as the other is just stupid and lazy.

Haha, fair point. But Turtle Tom is so much more easy to hate. 

Herman-Paractice.jpg 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Everything else is effluvia.

I am there with you except for this. No idea what the hell it means.

Can you tell me which would be more important? A first week of practice depth chart or a first week of the season depth chart. If in fact there was one. Seems there was concern over that at one point.

34 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I am there with you except for this. No idea what the hell it means.

Can you tell me which would be more important? A first week of practice depth chart or a first week of the season depth chart. If in fact there was one. Seems there was concern over that at one point.

The first week of practice depth chart is more important. The only people who care about a depth chart at all are those who have to constantly offer up disconnected football thoughts. Once the season opens, there's actual game tape to obsess over.

Moving ahead, next we not just issue no depth chart, but no players' names on jerseys and  change jersey numbers week to week. Unfortunately, this would probably do more damage to our own coaches than to the oppo. On the other hand, it would definitely pump up program sales, with this game's jersey numbers in them.