[Slapfight] Sam Ehlinger Edition

TreatyOak

22 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

calm down. nobody said Sam couldn't have a great preseason (and he was outstanding), but he hasn't done anything yet, and he would be the first one to tell you that. the truth is he still may not even make the Colts' 53 man roster. he's still got a long way to go before he's truly made it in the NFL. that said, this preseason performance has guaranteed that someone, whether it's Indy or not, is going to find a spot for Sam on their roster. he really could not have done better for himself this preseason, and he's set himself up very nicely for an opportunity to start climbing up somebody's depth chart. 

After spending the last four YEARS in this very thread telling us (in mind-numbingly repetitive posts) that Sam sucked, do you expect us to respect your opinions?  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

After spending the last four YEARS in this very thread telling us (in mind-numbingly repetitive posts) that Sam sucked, do you expect us to respect your opinions?  

i have never said that sam ehlinger sucks (which goes for everything else that you claim i've said about him), and i don't give a shit what you think about my opinions, because you are a self deluded crazy person who is obsessed with me. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i have never said that sam ehlinger sucks (which goes for everything else that you claim i've said about him), and i don't give a shit what you think about my opinions, because you are a self deluded crazy person who is obsessed with me. 

Lol. Shut the fuck up Derka. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

LOL, wait, what? Do you expect people to believe that? It took me less than five minutes to find these posts by you in this thread. These are your words below. There are so many posts by you attacking Sam that I actually got tired of choosing between them, lol.

Aug 21 2022
this thread is, without a doubt, the most embarrassing, aggy-esque thread in the history of this site. it truly is. the blind homerism, the mob mentality, the never ending echo chamber where only one specific type of post is allowed; it's shameful. people are literally getting negged and cussed out en masse for suggesting that Sam Ehlinger may not be NFL QB material, and according to this thread, everything that goes wrong for Sam is anyone's fault but his. absolutely embarrassing. aggy as hell. aggy aggy aggy all day long. 

Aug 23 2022
 i quietly, and without throwing it into your faces observed as more and more and more people came out of the woodwork to say that everyone else here had been overrating Sam and that he really wasn't anywhere close to being the Heisman candidate he was supposed to be. thank god for all of you i did not behave in the ravenous, out-for-blood manner in which you do when it comes to Sam.

Feb 9 2021
The Verdict on Sam Ehlinger's draft stock: (happily reposted by shadow_operative)

The other half consists of physical qualities, and there, Ehlinger comes up short. He lacks an NFL arm, both in terms of strength and elasticity. And he’s not as athletic as a dual-threat quarterback should be.

FEB  9 2021
(“DO THEY NOT WATCH FILM IN THE NFL?!?!?!) is over here comparing Sam to an MVP-level NFL QB and saying that he'll definitely become a starter, despite his film showing him to be a marginal NFL prospect at best.

Feb 9 2021
Sam probably will wash out very quickly in the league. yeah, sounds like a great comparison. 

Feb 2 2021
i haven't said anything here that hasn't been said by countless other people. Sam Ehlinger is not a Texas football legend. 

Nov 21, 2020
So when I said that he's been "at times mediocre - down right bad", i'm pointing to his i inconsistency, not saying that he *is* mediocre-bad. 

Oct 24 2020
However, the idea that the guys who surround Sam are a bunch JV player clowns who keep sabotaging him is asinine, and if you seriously still can't see that then you are not capable of being objective. I counted at least four or five major overthrows/underthrown balls today by Sam, which is standard for him. He factually lets his WRs down more often than they do him. 

Sam makes mistakes; his instincts are shaky at best; he often holds onto the ball too long, and he has a long history of being erratic throwing the ball

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don't think those posts show what you think they do. Those are the comments of a guy not very enthusiastic about a player but the most damning comments are reserved for the posters in this thread rather than for Sam. It looks like Sam might be on his way to proving derka wrong. That would be great. That would mean he became better than a marginal, say 6th round level, talent. 

• Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

LOL, wait, what? Do you expect people to believe that? It took me less than five minutes to find these posts by you in this thread. These are your words below. There are so many posts by you attacking Sam that I actually got tired of choosing between them, lol.

Aug 21 2022
this thread is, without a doubt, the most embarrassing, aggy-esque thread in the history of this site. it truly is. the blind homerism, the mob mentality, the never ending echo chamber where only one specific type of post is allowed; it's shameful. people are literally getting negged and cussed out en masse for suggesting that Sam Ehlinger may not be NFL QB material, and according to this thread, everything that goes wrong for Sam is anyone's fault but his. absolutely embarrassing. aggy as hell. aggy aggy aggy all day long. 

Aug 23 2022
 i quietly, and without throwing it into your faces observed as more and more and more people came out of the woodwork to say that everyone else here had been overrating Sam and that he really wasn't anywhere close to being the Heisman candidate he was supposed to be. thank god for all of you i did not behave in the ravenous, out-for-blood manner in which you do when it comes to Sam.

Feb 9 2021
The Verdict on Sam Ehlinger's draft stock: (happily reposted by shadow_operative)

The other half consists of physical qualities, and there, Ehlinger comes up short. He lacks an NFL arm, both in terms of strength and elasticity. And he’s not as athletic as a dual-threat quarterback should be.

FEB  9 2021
(“DO THEY NOT WATCH FILM IN THE NFL?!?!?!) is over here comparing Sam to an MVP-level NFL QB and saying that he'll definitely become a starter, despite his film showing him to be a marginal NFL prospect at best.

Feb 9 2021
Sam probably will wash out very quickly in the league. yeah, sounds like a great comparison. 

Feb 2 2021
i haven't said anything here that hasn't been said by countless other people. Sam Ehlinger is not a Texas football legend. 

Nov 21, 2020
So when I said that he's been "at times mediocre - down right bad", i'm pointing to his i inconsistency, not saying that he *is* mediocre-bad. 

Oct 24 2020
However, the idea that the guys who surround Sam are a bunch JV player clowns who keep sabotaging him is asinine, and if you seriously still can't see that then you are not capable of being objective. I counted at least four or five major overthrows/underthrown balls today by Sam, which is standard for him. He factually lets his WRs down more often than they do him. 

Sam makes mistakes; his instincts are shaky at best; he often holds onto the ball too long, and he has a long history of being erratic throwing the ball

absolutely none of that says that Sam Ehlinger sucks. it's nothing more than accurate, valid criticisms of sam as a QB. and furthermore, if it were me constantly derailing a thread like this with insane, off base, ad hominem shit talking over a delusional, one-sided personal beef that i have with some poster, then everyone else in the thread would be losing their minds over it, and @immamac would rightfully give me a timeout. you lose your mind over nothing, you obsessively start fights for no reason, and you bend over backwards to make it all about me, and then somehow, scores of you convince yourselves that that's *my* behavior, and that you are above the fray. it's so stupid. 

is this the sam ehlinger thread or the "treaty oak incessantly cries because derka isn't bullish on sam ehlinger's nfl prospects" thread? that so many of y'all have the gall to complain about me, my posts, or my posting behavior while you constantly pos rep this dude and his antics is a fucking joke.

30 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Aug 21 2022

Aug 23 2022

Feb 9 2021

FEB  9 2021

Feb 9 2021

Feb 2 2021

Nov 21, 2020

Oct 24 2020

Your reading comprehension is awful. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Your reading comprehension is awful. 

Yes, he gets mad at the people whom he claims are blind, Sam homers, which I admit to being one.

However, look at all the comments on his posts attacking Sam's skill level. He has been doing so since Sam first came to UT. He is certainly entitled to his opinions, but not to his own version of reality. 

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Yes, he gets mad at the people whom he claims are blind, Sam homers, which I admit to being one.

However, look at all the comments on his posts attacking Sam's skill level. He has been doing so since Sam first came to UT. He is certainly entitled to his opinions, but not to his own version of reality. 

i get mad at people who bitch about me supposedly being this terrible poster who always derails threads by starting stupid fights and making the thread all about me, only for those people to turn around and always derail this thread by starting stupid fights and making the thread all about me. so, you. 

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

None of those are attacking Ehlinger. Not even close.

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

absolutely none of that says that Sam Ehlinger sucks. it's nothing more than accurate, valid criticisms of sam as a QB. and furthermore, if it were me constantly derailing a thread like this with insane, off base, ad hominem shit talking over a delusional, one-sided personal beef that i have with some poster, then everyone else in the thread would be losing their minds over it, and @immamac would rightfully give me a timeout. you lose your mind over nothing, you obsessively start fights for no reason, and you bend over backwards to make it all about me, and then somehow, scores of you convince yourselves that that's *my* behavior, and that you are above the fray. it's so stupid. 

is this the sam ehlinger thread or the "treaty oak incessantly cries because derka isn't bullish on sam ehlinger's nfl prospects" thread? that so many of y'all have the gall to complain about me, my posts, or my posting behavior while you constantly pos rep this dude and his antics is a fucking joke.

image.gif.e03783c8a264848a870204223ec40b63.gif

@immamac @blacklab

what are we doing here? one guy spends day after day picking fights with me, the other one only responds with "shut the fuck up derka" and trolling gifs, with others encouraging them. if the roles were reversed those same people would want me banned.

Yeah why are we ruining the Ehlinger thread with that bullshit? Ohhhh nooo Derka had his doubts about Ehlinger as an NFL prospect. So did the rest of the fucking NFL, he was drafted in the 4th round as a project guy. Nothing he said was derogatory of the kid.

We all know his story, and about his dad and bro. He is a very easy person to root for. So maybe let's keep this thread about that instead of whatever stupidity this has become.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

@TreatyOak @shadow_operative continue your slapfight here and leave the mods out of it, jesus christ we aren't your daddy

lol fuck you. i'm not even participating in this slap fight, the dude is starting fights with me day after day over shit that he imagines in his head. you and BL have both banned me for less, or what's worse, for this exact same thing. but of course you've never had one set of rules that applies to everyone, have you?

why am i even surprised? this is exactly the response i should have expected from you. that was my bad. but since you suddenly no longer care about thread derailments, trolling, constantly making threads all about me, etc, i don't want to hear you or blacklab say another negative word about me or the way i post ever again. fucking aggie campus loopy over here, changing your own rules as you see fit. same as it ever was.

as for the likes of treaty and rex, i know that nothing will stop you from continuing to behave in the exact manner which you whine about me supposedly behaving, but everyone in this thread would appreciate it if you teo could get off my dick and keep this thread on topic. 

22 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lol fuck you. i'm not even participating in this slap fight, the dude is starting fights with me day after day over shit that he imagines in his head. you and BL have both banned me for less, or what's worse, for this exact same thing. but of course you've never had one set of rules that applies to everyone, have you?

why am i even surprised? this is exactly the response i should have expected from you. that was my bad. but since you suddenly no longer care about thread derailments, trolling, constantly making threads all about me, etc, i don't want to hear you or blacklab say another negative word about me or the way i post ever again. fucking aggie campus loopy over here, changing your own rules as you see fit. same as it ever was.

as for the likes of treaty and rex, i know that nothing will stop you from continuing to behave in the exact manner which you whine about me supposedly behaving, but everyone in this thread would appreciate it if you teo could get off my dick and keep this thread on topic. 

Victory.

On rare occasions I mention Surly to friends who I think would fit in here.  As far as I know none have ever actually joined in the fray.  And that’s too bad because I have no one on the outside to talk with about all the great moments…pedo bear, Saban being paged at AUS, Ricky, FitLump, the alcoholics thread, NowThis, etc.  

My great fear is that the first person to take me up on checking out Surly will land on this thread, be thoroughly confused, conclude we are all manufacturers and distributors of Derka-style self ownage, swear off the Internet forever and kill themselves.  

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2022 at 9:39 AM, Llogg said:

I don't think those posts show what you think they do. Those are the comments of a guy not very enthusiastic about a player but the most damning comments are reserved for the posters in this thread rather than for Sam. It looks like Sam might be on his way to proving derka wrong. That would be great. That would mean he became better than a marginal, say 6th round level, talent. 

This. I also don’t really disagree with anything in them but maybe Sam beats expectations