Dove hunting near Austin?

wreckatx

Hour and a half from Austin to Castroville / Hondo.  

Call an outfitter down there and get set up on an afternoon hunt and then a morning hunt the next day....spend the night in CV or Hondo.

Get 2 hunts in over 24 hours.  Leave noon on a Friday / Saturday and be home by 2:00 on Saturday / Sunday.

Steve Wilson is a big outfitter down there who runs day hunts.  Also many others.

What used to be Hotel Alsace in CV is decent...plus you have the usual "Express" hotels along that route.

I used to fly into to ABIA (back when they had power) and do that 24 hour turnaround deal with buddies from college.

Great way to spend a weekend with your kid.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/30/2022 at 7:58 AM, wreckatx said:

It’s been a while since we’ve had a thread like this. Looking for somewhere I can take my 14 year old. Happy to pay for a day hunt or look at a lease. Anyone have any pointers or spots?

Your best bet is Hondo / Lytle / Uvalde. Plenty of reputable outfitters.  

WWs and MDs to be had.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Was sent a link to a fb marketplace for guy in Pflugerville.  Hunted opening morning and limited out fairly quickly in between the Walmart and Baylor, Scott and White facility by 130.  I can pm you his number.  Was skeptical at first as there where so many of us out there but the birds were plenty.  Was just looking to hunt birds again only because it's been a number of years since the last time, not looking for anything crazy.  Places around Hondo, Uvalde and Sabinal can be incredible and over quickly if your on target. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Was sent a link to a fb marketplace for guy in Pflugerville.  Hunted opening morning and limited out fairly quickly in between the Walmart and Baylor, Scott and White facility by 130.  I can pm you his number.  Was skeptical at first as there where so many of us out there but the birds were plenty.  Was just looking to hunt birds again only because it's been a number of years since the last time, not looking for anything crazy.  Places around Hondo, Uvalde and Sabinal can be incredible and over quickly if your on target. 

*were