Concrete Raising (or just pour new?)

They probably didn't put it down correctly to begin with using roadbase. So mudjacking seems like it might only be a temporary fix. I guess you could dig around the edge of the patio to see if they used any/enough #57 (size of roadbase gravel). I would lean towards redoing it unless you are confident that it was done correctly the first time or is too expensive to redo.

I am not confident at all it was done correctly the first time. Got a concrete guy coming over in a bit to give a quote. 

Had a foundation repair guy say it would be $1,500 per each 10x10 little slab. No way that's gonna happen. Of course, they're an expensive foundation repair company.

15 hours ago, BottleRocket said:

I used these guys to level our concrete pool deck patio last year https://texasconcreteraising.com/

CRC Concrete Raising

It was expensive but they did a good job.  Had it settle 1/2 " again during drought but they came out and fixed it again as a warranty call.  They didn't hesitate at all.

When you say expensive, like how much?  Our driveway (4 slabs) needs leveling.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:36 AM, Asithappens said:

I have 3 sections of back patio (about 10x10) that have dipped down a bit. No cracks, just not level, leaning toward the house. 

Any advice on fixing that? Inject foam ("mudjacking")? or pour new sections of concrete? 

Are these sections integral (ie monolithic) with the house slab, or are they just flat work poured after the fact?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Chapo said:

spacer.png

Taking the opportunity to ask for advice here. First time messing with concrete and looks like crap  what to do now to make it look nicer?

Too much info is needed - Did you do it yourself? Does it have a four inch base underneath it? How thick is the concrete? Is it for a deck that needs to be cut to prevent breaks from spreading through the concrete? Was rebar needed for reinforcement? Sometimes chicken wire is okay based on the application.

Here are steps to simple concrete slab work:  https://www.familyhandyman.com/project/how-to-finish-concrete/ .

Now with what you have - if you are close to how you wanted it, it might be possible to grind everything the way you want it using a floor grinder for cement. They are available to rent from Home Depot. It will smooth things, but I am sure aggregate will show through. And some people may not want a smooth surface because it can be slippery.

I poured the concrete myself to lock in the channel drain in between pavers (top and bottom of picture are pavers). This is my side yard walkway and the channel is carrying water from the roof gutter. Overall it is low criticality, I messed around with $10 worth of quickrete. Now I wanted a quick and easy fix to make it look nicer. 

On 8/30/2022 at 10:05 AM, Asithappens said:

I am not confident at all it was done correctly the first time. Got a concrete guy coming over in a bit to give a quote. 

Had a foundation repair guy say it would be $1,500 per each 10x10 little slab. No way that's gonna happen. Of course, they're an expensive foundation repair company.

try the thumbtack app

13 hours ago, Chapo said:

I poured the concrete myself to lock in the channel drain in between pavers (top and bottom of picture are pavers). This is my side yard walkway and the channel is carrying water from the roof gutter. Overall it is low criticality, I messed around with $10 worth of quickrete. Now I wanted a quick and easy fix to make it look nicer. 

Self leveling like you’re getting ready to lay a floor might work. 

On 9/13/2022 at 6:58 PM, Chapo said:

The problem was you didn't finish it properly. You gotta work that shit with a screen or rake to get the solids to settle and all the air bubbles out. Then you get a smooth surface. It's tough.

• Like 1