Water, water, everywhere ..

Mighty fine

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

1) Read the fucking link in my first post

2) Google it, google Moses, I don’t give a fuck

3) He’s used the technology in Flint, MI, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and more. It’s big, it’s proven and more people are using it.

4) Re-read #3 you moronic illiterate stupid fucking bastard

There, there are your projects. You could’ve simply used your own electron sized brain to actually look up the technology from the first fucking link I posted. Instead, you just cried aloud and said “waaaaaah, as far as I know, there aren’t any.”

You know why you didn’t know? You haven’t left your trailer park since June and you can’t jeopardize your cricket cellular data plan by actually searching more about atmospheric water generation.

Why the fuck would I waste time explaining shit that you can look up? Educate yourself. Read, fuckwad!

oh GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

1) Read the fucking link in my first post

2) Google it, google Moses, I don’t give a fuck

3) He’s used the technology in Flint, MI, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and more. It’s big, it’s proven and more people are using it.

4) Re-read #3 you moronic illiterate stupid fucking bastard

There, there are your projects. You could’ve simply used your own electron sized brain to actually look up the technology from the first fucking link I posted. Instead, you just cried aloud and said “waaaaaah, as far as I know, there aren’t any.”

You know why you didn’t know? You haven’t left your trailer park since June and you can’t jeopardize your cricket cellular data plan by actually searching more about atmospheric water generation.

Why the fuck would I waste time explaining shit that you can look up? Educate yourself. Read, fuckwad!

I take it you’re not in sales

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

I'm actually interested in this. Do you have comps to desalination and the other proposals? I was told years ago to invest in this and I blew it off. I feel like this is going to be a huge problem in Africa. 

No you silly goose, you are supposed to present @DaggerHorns with all of this material. The burden of proof is on you!

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

I'm actually interested in this. Do you have comps to desalination and the other proposals? I was told years ago to invest in this and I blew it off. I feel like this is going to be a huge problem in Africa. 

Africa is famous for solving their problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it being used in Jackson? Flint? Puerto Rico?

Where is it being used?

How much water does it generate in those areas?

Edit: I found it. 2200 gallons a day. Which is not nothing, but the City of Jackson, MS needs a lot more water per day than his machines will ever generate.

Edited by Orange&White

On 9/14/2022 at 10:22 AM, Orange&White said:

Is it being used in Jackson? Flint? Puerto Rico?

Where is it being used?

How much water does it generate in those areas?

Edit: I found it. 2200 gallons a day. Which is not nothing, but the City of Jackson, MS needs a lot more water per day than his machines will ever generate.

When you have NO drinkable water, machines like these can help, they really can.  Just like trucking in clean drinking water can.  It's a viable stopgap measure.  But there are many very good, very big ($$) reasons why this tech has never been adopted as a primary water source by any large water consumer entity.

4 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

El Paso has a 25m gallon/day desal plant that cost about $100M (believe DOD paid for some of that), operating cost is about $0.001 - $0.002/ gal

No link GOOGLE IT YERSELF FUCKSTIK

Bingo.  Now, El Paso's groundwater isn't as saline as seawater, so the brine disposal isn't as big an issue, but the principle still stands -- desal isn't cheap, but it's a crapload cheaper than AWG.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When you have NO drinkable water, machines like these can help, they really can.  Just like trucking in clean drinking water can.  It's a viable stopgap measure.  But there are many very good, very big ($$) reasons why this tech has never been adopted as a primary water source by any large water consumer entity.

Bingo.  Now, El Paso's groundwater isn't as saline as seawater, so the brine disposal isn't as big an issue, but the principle still stands -- desal isn't cheap, but it's a crapload cheaper than AWG.

True they just pump the brine back into the bolson (some ways away from the wells but I'm not sure how far).

I was looking for ppm or spec gravity of Hueco water vs. seawater and came up empty, but it seems like ordinary seawater is 5-10 times as salty and that obviously increases your operating cost. That said the numbers I saw talked about for the proposed seawater plant in CA was not appreciable more than the $2/1000 gallons they publish for the Hueco Bolson plant.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:11 PM, DaggerHorns said:

You silly fucks keep spouting (pun intended) all of this desalination nonsense.

Water is in the air all around us.

You need to learn from one of our local homeboys, Moses West. He’s a god damn genius. Run it off solar.

https://awgcontractingus.com

On 8/30/2022 at 5:33 PM, Brisketexan said:

haha-agamemnon.gif

This....is getting to be amusing.  Oh do tell me how much the cost is, on a gallons-per-day basis, of a large-scale atmospheric generation plant?  Then, factor in useful life, maintenance costs, power costs and the like.  Bonus points if you account for the maximum volume that can be produced, and what kind of footprint that will take.  Then, realizing the massive footprint that would be required compared to a de-sal facility right on the coast, factor in the transport (infrastructure construction cost, and then pumping cost) of getting the water to the consumers.

The technology you are touting has existed for decades.  Cheaper solar power, with carbon credit attributes, has been around for a good while as well.  If it was the miracle cure you are claiming it is, it would have been deployed at some real scale by now.  It hasn't been.  There are a shitload of people working on ways to provide abundant fresh water to large users.  None of them are looking to this tech.  There's a lot of reasons for that.  Maybe I'm a stupid rube.  But they aren't.

I'd have this moisture farm up and running if Uncle Owen would just let me go to Tosche Station for a power converter.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, Foosters said:

Gotta be cheaper just to pump water from the Mississippi to the West. 

On 8/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, DaggerHorns said:

I always wanted to explore this concept. We build oil pipelines all over the world. I always wondered about a water grid from flood areas to drought areas. There would still be the need for purification but the concept is very interesting.

I’ve often, jokingly, said the same thing. Why not, during the spring thaw, send a bunch of that water from the upper Mississippi to the west through pipelines? 

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’ve often, jokingly, said the same thing. Why not, during the spring thaw, send a bunch of that water from the upper Mississippi to the west through pipelines? 

Transporting massive quantities of water from the wet east to the dry west has certainly been considered.  But ultimately, cost is the big impediment as well.

To transport sufficient quantities, you're talking about MASSIVE pipes -- think 6 feet in diameter or bigger (also, not a diameter that's regularly manufactured in the US).  Maybe multiple lines, in parallel.  THEN, it has to run thousands of miles.  The cost of installing a pipeline is insane - condemnation/land acquisition costs, materials costs, installation costs, etc.  Several million dollars a mile, maybe more for a project of this scale.  Then, there's long-term maintenance and pumping costs (the mountains aren't easy to pump water over, as just one big problem in terms of pumping).

It's not a "it will never happen" sort of thing.  And it may be that even if it's expensive today, because it will eventually be necessary and will be even MORE expensive tomorrow, it will be a smart move.  But the ROI hasn't supported it yet, and I doubt it will for a long time.

There are no easy, cheap answers to the West's water woes.  Some answers are more expensive and less reliable than others.  It all goes into the hopper to build a long-term strategy.  But we've been fighting and struggling over water in the West on a large scale for well over a century.  We will be for another century, at least.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:54 PM, Post Oak said:

Obviously, any water solution starts at the tap. Lawns need to go. Natives need to replace them. People need to use their water at least twice (gray water systems). Rainharvesting needs to become common place. I believe a lot of this can be done with carrots instead of sticks. San Antonio (I think) has a pretty successful water wise program using rebates but people who water on their off days need to be fined

People who water their lawn immediately after a rain or during the heat of the day need to be chopped up and used for parts. .

Conservation is by far the cheapest solution, even if it won't completely solve the problem it will go a long way.

My well went dry two years ago, and I had to spend beaucoup bucks to drill deeper. I do harvest rainwater and use it to water some trees and my garden, when we have rain that is.

Fun fact: El Paso has the largest inland desalination plant in the world. It was built with capacity far above what El Paso actually needs right now. Some years back, they used up all their underground fresh water, and are now desalinating underground brackish water.

As a more local utilization of the excess Mississippi, I think managed aquifer recharge of the Ogallala is worth investigating in more detail. My opinion is that continued dewatering of the Ogallala and high plains aquifer systems poses a a greater threat in terms of long term supply resiliency

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Regarding brackish desal, SAWS has a decent setup. One thing to keep in mind, as mentioned up thread, the cost for groundwater desal considerably more economic than sea water desal because you're not having to knock out as much TDS. Plus, you also can further reduce the treatment demand if you have enough freshwater to blend it down before going to distribution.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

Fucking assholes just building dams without giving a shit about anybody else.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/illegal-dam-in-mason-county-blocking-water-from-refilling-highland-lakes/

A dam that the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers say was constructed illegally in Mason County is blocking water from flowing toward the Highland Lakes, which serve as Austin’s drinking water supply.

This new dam came to KXAN’s attention following our investigation of a different, proposed private dam on the South Llano River. A hydrologist told KXAN the sudden rise of new dam construction is part of a growing trend statewide, stressing dwindling water resources during a multi-year drought.

“We share the rivers with everybody. We always have,” Mason County resident Kathy Zesch-Bradley said. “This land has been in my family since the 1850s, and no one has ever attempted to do this, but especially not having any permits.”

“Unfortunately, it’s a situation where people that have enormous amounts of money are able to do the things that they want that infringe upon the rights of all citizens of Texas,” Kathy’s husband Lee Zesch said. “It’ll destroy our livelihood if that stands because our cattle won’t have water,” Kathy’s sister Susan Keeling, who lives downstream from the dam, said.

KXAN crews drove to Mason County to check, entering through the neighbor’s land with permission, then following the public riverbed upstream. Navigable rivers like the James River are public property, whether wet or dry, according to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

After two to five inches of beneficial rain in the past month in Mason County, the dam is now holding back water five feet deep on the landowner’s side. Upon KXAN’s inspection, none of that water flowed downstream toward the Austin area.

KXAN checked with the Mason County Clerk’s office, finding that the 404-acre plot of land was purchased by an entity called ‘Neusch Mason, LLC’ on May 19, 2023.

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality confirmed to KXAN no one has applied for a permit to build a dam in Mason County this year.

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department investigated the dam and issued a notice of violation letter to the landowner for failing to apply for a permit prior to construction.

The landowner also failed to get a permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which issued a cease and desist letter to the landowner after visiting the property.

KXAN searched Mason County Appraisal District records and business filings, which link Bill Neusch to the LLC listed as the property owner.

Neusch is the CEO of Gibraltar, a Burnet-based company that builds anti-vehicle ram barriers and security fencing. The company has built and installed more than 150 miles of the Texas/Mexico border wall, according to its website.

KXAN went to Gibraltar to try to speak with Neusch. A receptionist told us he was on-site, but was unavailable to speak with us. KXAN also tried calling a phone number registered under his name, but the number had been disconnected.

KXAN connected with Neusch’s attorney, Jim Bryer, over e-mail. He told us his client is “unavailable for an interview,” and “we have no additional comment at this time.”

“I think this guy wanted to do it in the dark of night so to speak, so nobody would see it, and maybe this little town wouldn’t even notice,” downstream neighbor Susan Keeling said.

“Sometimes you just have to do the right thing because it’s the right thing,” Susan’s husband Jimmy Keeling said, “and building a dam so people downstream can’t get water is not the right thing. One individual can destroy it for the rest of us.”

Texas Parks and Wildlife and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said they hope to coordinate with the landowner to reach a desirable solution. After an in-person inspection Aug. 25, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality told KXAN their investigation into the dam is ongoing.

KXAN has also received viewer tips of other dams constructed on Elm Creek and Leon Creek. Investigations into those are ongoing.

• Rage+1 2

Texas Parks and Wildlife and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said they hope to coordinate with the landowner to reach a desirable solution.

The fuck is this bullshit?  Don't pussyfoot around with this asshole and be all nice the the "hope" for a "desirable solution."  Tell the media how your going to bring the hammer down on this fuckstick.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The fuck is this bullshit?  Don't pussyfoot around with this asshole and be all nice the the "hope" for a "desirable solution."  Tell the media how your going to bring the hammer down on this fuckstick.

He's probably an Abbott donor so they have to tread lightly.  That's how it works in this here state. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Reminder: his company takes in a fuck-ton of taxpayer money for building the border wall stuff.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

He's probably an Abbott donor so they have to tread lightly.  That's how it works in this here state. 

LOL... ya think?  This dude will be protected by Gov Abbott himself...

Neusch is the CEO of Gibraltar, a Burnet-based company that builds anti-vehicle ram barriers and security fencing. The company has built and installed more than 150 miles of the Texas/Mexico border wall, according to its website.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

no shit.  how about "i "hope" you're out of the way of the dynamite going off in 24 hours."

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Reminder: his company takes in a fuck-ton of taxpayer money for building the border wall stuff.  

Well, fuck them all.  #nocloakroom

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, fuck them all.  #nocloakroom

It's funny that we have to dance around topics of assholes with probable ties to politicians for fear of offending blind team politics idiots.

Hey, don't point out that my politician and his friends are assholes! You hurt my feelings!

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

It's funny that we have to dance around topics of assholes with probable ties to politicians for fear of offending blind team politics idiots.

Hey, don't point out that my politician and his friends are assholes! You hurt my feelings!

If you think that these sorts of problems aren't getting bigger by the day, paralyzing people's ability to solve problems because the cabal in power has proven to be petty and vengeful, you haven't been paying attention.  It's every movie about a crooked small town run by the crooked crew in power, writ large enough to apply to the state level.  The concept of "don't cross Abbott or Patrick or anyone under their protection: they'll come at you ten-fold" is the order of the day.

• Rage+1 2