Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

F you. I drove a shitty 79 Mercury Marquis.

I had all but about 2 or 3 of those. And it was a poop brown ‘83 mustang. Never owned Michael Bolton or Culture Club. 

F you. I drove a shitty 79 Mercury Marquis.

My older Cousin had a sick Fiero with T tops and was my hero. I pilfered through pretty much that exact same tape collection in 1989 after his coon ass wedding in Baton Rouge, taking tapes and leaving empty cases in all the chaos of the festivities.
I still feel guilty as hell and never told him, but it was a long ride back to Houston, I only took 3, and it ended up taking 9 hours on I -10. Those tapes distracted me on my Walkman from Dad puking out the window after being a coullion all night and my mom being next level pissed.
I'll never listen to Tears for Fears, Candy-O by the Cars or Diver Down again. 9 hours straight through was enough.

Grew up that day
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Two thoughts:

Bet he used two aliases to get 24 cassettes for 2 cents from Columbia House.

This collection was staged for the photo. Ain't nobody got time to keep those bitches alphabetized. 

And my lower left would have been all Ozzy. 1979 Ford F100 Stepside. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, squib said:

Two thoughts:

Bet he used two aliases to get 24 cassettes for 2 cents from Columbia House.

This collection was staged for the photo. Ain't nobody got time to keep those bitches alphabetized. 

And my lower left would have been all Ozzy. 1979 Ford F100 Stepside. 

Additional thought: Anyone who ever owned cassettes didn't just have "purchased" tapes. We all had more mix tapes than actual tapes. If you didn't have this, you didn't live in the 70's/80's:

skynews-cassette-tape-mixtape_4150127.jp

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Additional thought: Anyone who ever owned cassettes didn't just have "purchased" tapes. We all had more mix tapes than actual tapes. If you didn't have this, you didn't live in the 70's/80's:

skynews-cassette-tape-mixtape_4150127.jp

I have a bunch of mix tapes off radio of EDGE Club ‘94 & 100.3 Thunderstorm from early 90s. Guest mixes were the best. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:40 PM, Born to Run said:

My older Cousin had a sick Fiero with T tops and was my hero. I pilfered through pretty much that exact same tape collection in 1989 after his coon ass wedding in Baton Rouge, taking tapes and leaving empty cases in all the chaos of the festivities.
I still feel guilty as hell and never told him, but it was a long ride back to Houston, I only took 3, and it ended up taking 9 hours on I -10. Those tapes distracted me on my Walkman from Dad puking out the window after being a coullion all night and my mom being next level pissed.
I'll never listen to Tears for Fears, Candy-O by the Cars or Diver Down again. 9 hours straight through was enough.

Grew up that day

No Bruce Springsteen?