• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

I had a Radio Shack AM/FM/8 Track in my '68 F-100. It had power eject that would send tapes flying like an F-14 off the carrier. On the other end of the spectrum, Dad had a stand alone 8-Track underdash that you needed a crowbar to pull them out.

Edited by RPM
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Freddy goddamn Fender. My man.

I wish I could take credit for that collection. I did own a FF cassette back in the day, but my collection was more weighted to 80s country (George Strait, etc.), metal (Judas Priest, Ozzy), Americana (the Boss), a lot of alt (Cure, Yes, REM), and a fair amount of 80s pop.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Ballers gonna ball

Vtg 8 Track Storage Case w/ 23 Eight 8 Track Tapes Assorted Holds 24 8 Track  | eBay

To this day there are songs that I'll listen to and anticipate the ka-chunk where it was on my dad's eight tracks.  He had a Charley Pride eight track that we would listen to while barbecuing.  "Just between you and me" ka-chunk "I'm not so sure about it."  It doesn't sound right to me any other way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

May be an image of text

I'm picturing you like PSH in "Along Came Polly" shouting "Let it Rain" to anyone who'll listen and just airballing cantaloupes into the heads of small children in baskets, shelf stockers, destroying marketing displays, and generally making a mess of the floor.  But it would make us smile and in the end, that's what PSH did.  

Edited by YGIFS