Backyard Brawl revived: WVU @ Pitt; 6pm ESPN

TexasMan

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Up 7, 4th and inches on the other side of the 50, a gassed defense, and a chance to break them, and you punt.

Do coaches still not study game theory?  How is that possible?  It's mathematically incorrect to punt there.  And it's not close.

Seems like something this guy would do

Charlie-Strong.jpg

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Up 7, 4th and inches on the other side of the 50, a gassed defense, and a chance to break them, and you punt.

Do coaches still not study game theory?  How is that possible?  It's mathematically incorrect to punt there.  And it's not close.

Just amazingly bad. I mean that wasnt even a decision or moment that needed contemplation. An assistant or player damn near needs to intervene, call time out and say no in a situation like that. 

Edited by CptnJiggleBits
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

This has become my problem with all televised sports. Death is off in the distance. Ain't nobody got time for that. How Brat watches a game us beyond me.

Blame replay.  They did a replay early on, AFTER a long break.  And then let it stand.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

A lot of Tom Herman in this dude 

I don't know if anybody knows what targeting is anymore.  The last one reversed was a defenseless receiver hit in the head, but with a shoulder.  The previous one was a clear helmet to helmet hit that almost knocked the guy out although maybe he hit shoulder to shoulder a fraction of a second before he hit helmet to helmet (didn't look like it to me, but the angle wasn't good and it was bang-bang).

I think that last catch by WVU I would have let stand.  It was real close.  The one with Pitt they let stand I thought was dropped, but it wasn't clear enough to overturn.

I think the thing that really set him off was that ridiculous claim there was no fair catch on the kickoff.  Fortunately, replay overturned that one.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You seriously think these meat head coaches know anything about game theory? I agree though, pussy move not to go for it. 

1 hour ago, bullet said:

Blame replay.  They did a replay early on, AFTER a long break.  And then let it stand.

It's only big 12 refs that have to huddle up and talk every flag and have to review 20 plays in the fourth quarter between throwing flags every play at the end.

9 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Cool game, but 4 hours and 7 minutes for a regulation game?!

People binge series all the time on Netflix or whatever. There’s nothing wrong with four hours of entertainment

Pretty much every Saturday I’m going from 11 AM to about 1030 or 11 PM. Then on Sunday it’s from noon to 11 PM. Four hour game don’t scare me

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

If one was required to play 10 conference games for starters.  No way either would put themselves at a self inflicted disadvantage by playing 11 P5 games. 

No one is playing 10 conference games any time soon. The SEC doesn't even play 9 conference games. 

Also - they'd have to mutually agree to not play it out (or buy the other team out). Some new conference alignment isn't going to override an existing game on the schedule. 

Edited by ztejas

11 hours ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Up 7, you can put the game away if you get an inch and they punt. Wow

There is a lot of assumption in this theory. I go for it, but it does not end the game. First down and WV is at the Pitt 47 with 6 minutes to go.. You need 15-20 more yards to get in FG range (Legg was 4-7 from 40-49 last season), so scoring is not a lock. I find it a bit odd to fixate on this decision, when the defense let Pitt drive 92 yards in 2+ minutes for the tying TD (Pitt only faced 2 second downs on the 92 yard drive) and the WR dropped an easy first down that turned into a pick 6. 

Edited by Codaxx