Brett Favre is about to go through some things

Hugo Stiglitz

On 9/1/2022 at 8:45 PM, Poe It Up said:

“Favre hasn’t been accused or charged with a crime,” it’s a nothing burger. Read the article. 

At a minimum, he conspired to bribe the former gov who reportedly turned down his offer. He also e refused to pay back the interest on the money he received illegally from the state for "speaking engagements". And aside from the welfare funds that went to him personally, he brokered an investment from the same source of funds into a business in FL he's part of. Now the FBI is investigating, only after the state of MS buried the investigation and fired the investigator. But, sure, must sound like a fucking "nothing burger" if you're in the habit of defending jackoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 9:56 PM, Slacks said:

Fuck it, let's question...

(Spins wheel)

(Click... Click.. Click...)

Brett Favre!

Dammit, I really wanted to fuck with Rocket Ismail this time....  How do we get that fucker Lewis Hamilton on here? 

Nah... He's British. But it would be fun just to fuck with him... For the Vegetables.

Nice, Hot Vegetables ?

32 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Is this part of the school for the blind USM scandal?  That's like two years old. 

I'm guessing it is someone's election year.

LOL.  It was this July that MS fired the investigator at the behest of the Governor, and now the FBI is involved, and reports came out that the FBI interviewed Favre. So multiple reasons it's in the news now.

Also, ftr, the speeches for which Favre took the million$ for were never delivered.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

At a minimum, he conspired to bribe the former gov who reportedly turned down his offer. He also e refused to pay back the interest on the money he received illegally from the state for "speaking engagements". And aside from the welfare funds that went to him personally, he brokered an investment from the same source of funds into a business in FL he's part of. Now the FBI is investigating, only after the state of MS buried the investigation and fired the investigator. But, sure, must sound like a fucking "nothing burger" if you're in the habit of defending jackoffs. 

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Fuck You 8

35 minutes ago, Chopper said:

LOL.  It was this July that MS fired the investigator at the behest of the Governor, and now the FBI is involved, and reports came out that the FBI interviewed Favre. So multiple reasons it's in the news now.

Also, ftr, the speeches for which Favre took the million$ for were never delivered.

Maybe because the people running the charity were arrested like two years ago.  Favre was under no obligation to return the money and no one actually knows whether it was public money or not.  That's how money laundering works.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Almost as savvy as an OU fan desperately seeking approval on a Longhorn site. 

Yes I’m extremely desperate.  That much we know.  Posting pics of my yachts, my jet, all the damn cars.  The stupid watches.  It’s unbecoming. 

But here’s the confusing part…It’s obvious you like pieces of shit.  Figured you’d be white knighting for me?  Doesn’t quite fit the pattern.  Odd.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Maybe because the people running the charity were arrested like two years ago.  Favre was under no obligation to return the money and no one actually knows whether it was public money or not.  That's how money laundering works.

So your argument is, it was mighty generous of Favre to give back money which was illegally personally paid on a contract for which he didn't perform? And the $14M in state funds that flowed into his FL company is all cool and legal and a forensic accountant won't be able to determine what happened? Sure, sure. I'm sure those MS gov't elites were extremely subtle in their financial corruption scheme.

Somebody has already pled guilty in the scheme. The question is how high and how deep the corruption flowed. That's why this is in the news now.

Edited by Chopper

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

They got these guys called forensic accountants. Those $ are going to be pretty easy to track. 

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Almost as savvy as an OU fan desperately seeking approval on a Longhorn site. 

55 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes I’m extremely desperate.  That much we know.  Posting pics of my yachts, my jet, all the damn cars.  The stupid watches.  It’s unbecoming. 

But here’s the confusing part…It’s obvious you like pieces of shit.  Figured you’d be white knighting for me?  Doesn’t quite fit the pattern.  Odd.  

kyle broflovski lord GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Chopper’s closing in on Favre, he’s one hard nosed detective. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who know nothing about Mississippi politics, Phil Bryant was the governor at the time and Nancy New has already admitted guilt to charges of bribery of a public official, fraud against the government, and wire fraud for moving $4.5 million of welfare money through her "non-profit" referral firm.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/13/2022 at 8:59 PM, Reese Bennett said:

For those of you who know nothing about Mississippi politics

Admittedly, I don't know much about Mississippi politics.

That said, it has to be a good ole boys network because after +10 years in the oil field, I have met a disproportionate number of company men and directional drillers from that state.

The real key to remember that Brett Favre is a POS who helped move welfare money to USM to build a volleyball arena for his daughter. And based on his text messages, he 100% knew it was shady. Whether or it not is criminal, I don't know.

The good news is that 2 of the people involved have pled guilty and are being sentenced in Nov.  These are federal charges and hopefully they're required to come clean including full testimony about others. The worst are the the officials that gave the main figure, Nancy New, the ability to decide herself where to spend the millions.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s possible that Favre was not aware of the exact source of the funding. After all I don’t think anyone accuses Favre of being smart. However he 100% knows that the MS governor is not legally sitting on millions with discretion to spend wherever he wants. Hence why Favre wanted assurances this info would not get out. Even Favre knows that it’s taxpayer dollars that he receiving under the table.

imagine calling your governor or a shady rep and asking for $5m? 

On 9/20/2022 at 6:44 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It’s possible that Favre was not aware of the exact source of the funding. After all I don’t think anyone accuses Favre of being smart. However he 100% knows that the MS governor is not legally sitting on millions with discretion to spend wherever he wants. Hence why Favre wanted assurances this info would not get out. Even Favre knows that it’s taxpayer dollars that he receiving under the table.

imagine calling your governor or a shady rep and asking for $5m? 

I'm pretty sure the released texts show Favre was aware the funds were coming from the state welfare agency and were being fraudulently funneled through a charity. But Favre's lawyer says he was not aware.

Yesterday's development appears potentially ominous for Favre: Mississippi official pleads guilty in welfare scandal that involves Brett Favre (nbcnews.com)

NBC NEWS
Sept. 22, 2022, 9:43 AM MDT

A key figure in Mississippi’s welfare spending scandal has pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges under an arrangement that signals he may be cooperating, according to court records.

John Davis directed Mississippi’s welfare agency while it doled out millions of dollars in federal welfare money to projects investigators now say were improper, including a new volleyball facility requested by former NFL quarterback Brett Favre that benefited his daughter.

According to court records, Davis agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud and theft — charges that together carry a maximum of 15 years in prison.

“At Davis’s direction, (Mississippi’s welfare agency) provided federal funds to two nonprofit organizations and then directed the two nonprofit organizations to fraudulently award contracts to various entities and individuals for social services that were never provided,” the Justice Department said in a news release.

That dude is going to want to cooperate in order to chip away at whatever time he was looking at. 

I would imagine the former Governor is target #1. Federal prosecutors however will want to make sure Favre faces at least some significant accountability.

And I'm just understanding how a state like Mississippi with only the finest people at the helm of government could let this happen.  I mean, it seems like at every level...it's just the most transparent and ethical governance that money can buy.  Sure some people don't have water to drink but Brett Favre got to buy some additional pairs of bad idea jeans.  But they're god-fearing Christians (or so he reminds us at every goddamn press conference), so wish them well in their endeavors...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm just not understanding how a fundraising effort spearheaded by Favre would not have done the job sufficiently. Other than just sheer laziness, i suppose. What a piece of dogshit honestly.

That's what I didn't understand. Dude can't just go speak at a few places with rich southern assholes and raise that money?