Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

31 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My wife decided I needed to reduce my testosterone, so she dragged me to Target with our granddaughter (we’re in Iowa). There was a guy in a Hawkeyes shirt shopping with his wife. I asked him why he wasn’t in front of a tv right now, and he started to say something until his wife gave him the look. 

He’s not missing much. Michigan leads 13-0 at the half and the Iowa offense hasn’t put up much of a fight. Iowa fans were booing in the first qtr after their QB overthrew two open receivers in back-to-back plays. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

My wife decided I needed to reduce my testosterone, so she dragged me to Target with our granddaughter (we’re in Iowa). There was a guy in a Hawkeyes shirt shopping with his wife. I asked him why he wasn’t in front of a tv right now, and he started to say something until his wife gave him the look. 

I’d volunteer to make target runs instead of watching the Hawkeye offense

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Kentucky wins if they hang on an extra second to hike the ball

Even if they waited a half second, they would have scored with 50ish seconds left on the clock. Ole Miss still had timeouts left! Kentucky was going to give them too much time. Maybe they still win, but holy smokes there was absolutely no reason to speed up the tempo in that situation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

if the runner lowers his front body, head first, how exactly should you be expected to tackle him?

The simplistic answer would be "not with the lowered crown of your helmet."   It wouldn't be an issue if guys would keep their heads up and keept their eyes on what they're tackling, but I know it's next to impossible not to lower your head when you're lowering your shoulder. It's just instinct.