Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

I’m just trying to imagine having guys that went #6, #9, #12, #13, and #17 WRs in their various recruiting classes on the roster and claiming the QB has no weapons to throw to. By comparison Texas has Hall and Worthy as the only guys anywhere near that level and then Whittington was a top rated athlete. I consider Texas to have an above average WR room and it isn’t near Clemson. 

Swinney is going to cause his program to shrivel and die between portal dumbassery and loyalty to a crappy QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

I’m just trying to imagine having guys that went #6, #9, #12, #13, and #17 WRs in their various recruiting classes on the roster and claiming the QB has no weapons to throw to. By comparison Texas has Hall and Worthy as the only guys anywhere near that level and then Whittington was a top rated athlete. I consider Texas to have an above average WR room and it isn’t near Clemson. 

Swinney is going to cause his program to shrivel and die between portal dumbassery and loyalty to a crappy QB. 

He’s just biding his time until Saban retires.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve heard NIL will ultimately cripple Clemson.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Is what Ferentz is doing to his QB against the school's code of conduct and ethics or something? Only half joking.

It’s a crime because Iowa (for the most part has a pretty solid D and is fairly solid at other key groups): but he hired GDGD back in the day (wish I could find that Thujone ms paint.)

2 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

Lol wtf are you talking about? Clemson has had pretty poor WR recruiting. The only real studs are the two freshman. Also, nobody said DJU doesn't have anyone to throw to, it's the dumbfuck OC who calls screens until....he actually needs to when Cuse drops 8.

Just now, C-Man said:

I’ve heard NIL will ultimately cripple Clemson.

I do not understand the reluctance of any coach to embrace the portal. Joe Burrow? I mean not everyone in the portal is solid but then not everyone coming out of HS turns out to be great or even close either. Portal is the great equalizer. Quite a few of the top 25 AP teams have embraced it and many at QB. I don’t get not using it to your full advantage. For all the shit we give Stoops (he’d be all over it) he was great at pulling kids out of JUCO and such to build a winning strategy. You kinda have to go that way if you can’t compete cash wise. Or start recruiting in areas that haven’t been touched as much like Traylor has done in the 210.

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lol wtf are you talking about? Clemson has had pretty poor WR recruiting. The only real studs are the two freshman. Also, nobody said DJU doesn't have anyone to throw to, it's the dumbfuck OC who calls screens until....he actually needs to when Cuse drops 8.

You’re completely delusional as to what poor WR recruiting even is. I literally just gave you the National ranking to your WR room. 5 National top 20 players at their position. 

or maybe you’ll understand this…5 of the 22 highest rated players on your roster are WRs

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

No reason Klubnik shouldn't be in the game. Swinney will go down with DJ no matter what.

Even for a couple of series to get a spark going? We all watched Saban pull Hurts at halftime in the middle of the MNC. Pride comes before the fall I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

You’re completely delusional as to what poor WR recruiting even is. I literally just gave you the National ranking to your WR room. 5 National top 20 players at their position. 

or maybe you’ll understand this…5 of the 22 highest rated players on your roster are WRs

You do realize football continues after the recruits become college players, right? Clemson has focused on the taller jump ball WR and has struck out. Antonio Williams is probably the only WR Clemson has that would start for Texas. Maybe Randall, but he's been hurt. Like I said, our two freshmen. 

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

You do realize football continues after the recruits become college players, right? Clemson has focused on the taller jump ball WR and has struck out. Antonio Williams is probably the only WR Clemson has that would start for Texas. Maybe Randall, but he's been hurt. Like I said, our two freshmen. 

Sam's got a point.

Rankings don't mean anything once they step on campus.

Tony White is a pretty damn good DC. Had to look him up (get he was a former player for UCLA.) 

so they were 1-9 in 2020. 5-7 like us in 2021. If they can hold on and win this 7-0. 
now they are 8th in the country in defense. That’s a damn great coaching job. 

Edited by Nicole44

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Sure, and if it was just a couple guys I’d say you have a point. You’ve got a bunch of other 4 stars as well as those top guys I referenced. No way they all suck. Swinney made his career with WR development.