Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

Really bizarre start time for Air Force-Army (10:30). We had a weird 10am start (or was it 9?) at Baylor about 30 years ago the day after Thanksgiving due to aggy cheating, but I can’t recall another 10:30 in the morning kick.

(It was 10:00 in 1994. 63-35, good guys.)

Edited by Vito Andolini

UK punter may have made play of game, snap sails over his head near goal line but he's able to get the punt off and also got a roughing kicker call on Missou to keep possession. 

ST coach needs to be fired, 2 missed FGs today along with punt fubar. 

Edited by Underdog

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Really bizarre start time for Air Force-Army (10:30). We had a weird 10am start (or was it 9?) at Baylor about 30 years ago the day after Thanksgiving due to aggy cheating, but I can’t recall another 10:30 in the morning kick.

The only one I ever remember was in 1979 when Pitt hosted, I think Louisville, or Temple, the same day as a Pirates World Series game that day. So Pitt started in the morning.

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not much defense in this game...

baylor 24  ...   blOU   21

6:46 left 2nd qtr

Do you pay for ESPN+ or are you watching a pirate stream?

HILARIOUS that for Mobilehoma fans without ESPN+ that this game is reduced to an old-style radio-only game for them because they SUCK!  Lulz.

Remember those dreaded radio-only games?  I do.

Edited by BachelorTrek

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

OSU, woof. What happened to Sanders?

Found this...

UPDATE: Rangel to start at QB for Cowboys against Kansas

By Jon Walker

After a week of uncertainty, Oklahoma State quarterback Spencer Sanders is expected to miss the Cowboys' Week 9 matchup at Kansas, per Cowboys play-by-play announcer Dave Hunziker.

"I don't feel good about him," Cowboys coach Mike Gundy told Hunziker. "Now, we have him dressed and ready, but I just think there's some concern on a nagging shoulder that's been there for, gosh, this might be the fourth week."

This isn't anything new for OSU's gunslinger, who has been playing through a lingering shoulder injury suffered during the Pokes' Week 5 win over Texas Tech.

Saturday marks the first game he'll be out because of it, though, after he left the midway through the fourth quarter during OSU's 48-0 loss to Kansas State a week ago.

In his absence, OSU is expected to start true freshman Garret Rangel over redshirt freshman Gunnar Gundy – with the possibility of both seeing the field against the Jayhawks. The news was first reported by Action Network's Brent McMurphy.

"They can avoid the rush. They can take off and run. they give us some quarterback run game," Gundy said. "The one thing they don't have is any game experience. What Spencer brings to the table, neither one of them has."

A four-star prospect, Rangel has played limited snaps for the Cowboys since joining the program earlier this year as a consensus top-25 quarterback.

Gunnar Gundy enters Saturday afternoon's contest having played in only four games, including in relief of Sanders against K-State. Against the Wildcats, he was 2 of 7 for 16 yards.

The Cowboys and Jayhawks will kick off at 2:30 p.m. at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium.

I’ve been a Poke since 98 and thought I’d seen it all, but this season is going to set a record for epic collapses…Sanders has always been made of glass but we didn’t bother to break in the backups, injuries piled up across the board, and I’ll be surprised if we win another game.  

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

We kicked off at 10AM vs aggy every year from 1996-1999….

17 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

How about The Pokes? They are getting clobbered. I’m working the Pitt game and trying to keep an eye on some other games. Bo Nix, 15/17 226 yards and 2 TDs. He’s a completely different this year than his career at AU. Infuriating.

9 starters out, including the 4yr QB.  Not the whole story but I’ve never seen so many injuries and QB in now is a FR who threw two picks and fumbled the snap on 4th-1.  We’ve never had the depth to absorb those kinda losses.  

• Hook 'Em 1