Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Going to be some some interesting MRI results for Corum.

Looked really bad. Not the injury (it was rather innocuous) but exactly the type of situation that looks like an ACL. His leg was planted with all weight right when he got hit. His reaction makes me think it is bad. 

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Looked really bad. Not the injury (it was rather innocuous) but exactly the type of situation that looks like an ACL. His leg was planted with all weight right when he got hit. His reaction makes me think it is bad. 

Agree. Adrenaline maybe got him to walk (limp) it off but that looked like an ACL. 

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

His foot came off the ground pretty quick after the hit as he flipped and rolled in the air. His knee was bent in the right direction the whole time. His leg was never fully extended let alone hyperextended. I’ll be surprised if that’s an ACL but we’ll see. 

Correct, sounds like he is okay. 

nebraska wisky game,

starting wisky MLB is ejected for targeting....  another instance where the fucking running qb ducks and hits the ground at the last second and the defender was already committted to the hit. defender hits shoulder pad to helmet and bye bye.

god damn they need to fix this fucking rule. 

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

nebraska wisky game,

starting wisky MLB is ejected for targeting....  another instance where the fucking running qb ducks and hits the ground at the last second and the defender was already committted to the hit. defender hits shoulder pad to helmet and bye bye.

god damn they need to fix this fucking rule. 

Make it like the flagrant 1/2 in basketball. I'm fine with a 15 yard penalty for accidentally hitting the helmet, but the ejection is almost always way too much.

Illinois leads 17-10 heading into the 4th. Corum gave it a go early in the 3rd but he’s done for the day so that leaves freshman CJ Stokes to carry the load. Chase Brown is having a good day rushing for the Illini with 121 yds and two TDs on 22 carries.

This is one of those games where my head wants Michigan to win for the sake of The Game but my heart won’t let me actually root for them. But things are getting interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Apparently not. 

Probably wouldn't have mattered as the better team is winning. But I think Corum got 3 snaps in the 2H before he put his helmet away. 

I assume he wouldn’t have been allowed to play in the 3rd if the medical staff hadn’t given him the go ahead. It would be scandalous otherwise. Presumably he’s just in too much pain and they figure they can win with Stokes. That score by Illinois seems to have lit a fire but we’ll see what happens once they get in the red zone. They’ve had some struggles putting it into the end zone. They settled for 5 FGs against MSU.

Edited by WhatTheBuck