Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Eat shit Clemson and Ohio State! Can’t wait to watch the tears as they try to figure out the CFP now. Ohio state getting blasted! Loving it 

What Beamer has done for SC trying to build that team in the SEC is nothing short of impressive. 

My uncle was an assistant at USCe back in the late 1980's when they had some pretty good teams so I've liked them ever since then.  Beating Clemson is a big deal for them.  Like a real big deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My uncle was an assistant at USCe back in the late 1980's when they had some pretty good teams so I've liked them ever since then.  Beating Clemson is a big deal for them.  Like a real big deal.

The best part about them getting better is they are aggys permanent cross division rival. Lol

• Hook 'Em 3

1. Georgia will be 13-0 

2. Michigan 13-0

3. USC 12-1 if they beat ND and Oregon

4. TCU at #3 but I think KSU will beat them.  So no TCU at 12-1, especially since they didn't win the conference. THANK YOU South Carolina for beating those Clemson frauds!  So does Ohio State sneak in at 12-1? This all depends on the TCU-KSU game. 

10 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

1. Georgia will be 13-0 

2. Michigan 13-0

3. USC 12-1 if they beat ND and Oregon

4. TCU at #3 but I think KSU will beat them.  So no TCU at 12-1, especially since they didn't win the conference. THANK YOU South Carolina for beating those Clemson frauds!  So does Ohio State sneak in at 12-1? This all depends on the TCU-KSU game. 

Best thing about this is no Alabama. And no way they can back door in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe the worst spot I’ve ever seen in the Oregon v Oregon state game and then the dickheads in the booth confirmed the call. 
he was leaned forward and his knee went down on the 5 yard line with the body leaned forward and the ball over the 4 YL or so. Spotted it short of the 5. Ok dickheads. 
it was rig 12 against texas bad. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe the worst spot I’ve ever seen in the Oregon v Oregon state game and then the dickheads in the booth confirmed the call. 
he was leaned forward and his knee went down on the 5 yard line with the body leaned forward and the ball over the 4 YL or so. Spotted it short of the 5. Ok dickheads. 
it was rig 12 against texas bad. 

That was terrible.

oregon st v oregon game.

the refs just told oregon state to eat them.

they spot a 3rd down ball directly on the 5yard line...  a few inches short of a first..... despite the replay showing the runner clearly went beyond the 5 and his KNEE hit a little beyond the 5.  obviously dudes knee was further along than the ball.   yet they call it CONFIRMED on the spot.

holy shit.

someone has got to fix this replay shit

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

oregon st v oregon game.

the refs just told oregon state to eat them.

they spot a 3rd down ball directly on the 5yard line...  a few inches short of a first..... despite the replay showing the runner clearly went beyond the 5 and his KNEE hit a little beyond the 5.  obviously dudes knee was further along than the ball.   yet they call it CONFIRMED on the spot.

holy shit.

someone has got to fix this replay shit

Yeah it was so bad. The broadcasting crew was straight up befuddled. 

It's not simple but one very easy fix would make officials face the media after games...transparency and knowing they would publicly have to explain their bullshit (not just to conferences who have their backs) would go a long way.

A more complicated thing is conferences should have no involvement in the hiring and compensation of officials, it should be some national non-affiliated outfit.