Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

It shouldn't be if Ewers is back by OU.
UTSA is a good G5 program but still a team we should beat with Card. Tech is not a top 25 team and they may not have their starting QB. WV is 0-2 and just lost to Kansas at home. 
These are all 3 very winnable games with Card and if they aren't then the program isn't where we think it is. 

Is Texas really in a position to talk shit about teams losing to Kansas at home?
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet
5 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Has anyone listened to the new On Texas Football podcast with the title “Injury Updates/Charles Wright Expectations”?

They are pessimistic that Card is able to start this week. Bobby mentioned a twisted ankle in the pile. Would love to see any screen shots of that injury. 

4 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Lol I remember knocking back drinks at the Tavern prior to our bowl game against Wazzu seeing this for the first time (Tech played right before us) and laughing my ass off. I’ve probably seen it as a GIF in the almost 20 years since 10,000 times and I still openly chuckle.

Just like seeing someone get hit in the nuts, this shit will never not be funny….

I was at that game.  You could see this from across the field.  We thought it was a chick and kept making jokes about how her boyfriend would be happy.  

28 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Maybe he can get someone to inject concentrated platelet-poor plasma into the joint to buffer the inflammatory cytokines and boost alpha-2-macroglobulin and IRAP? Should minimize inflammation and pain, time of remodeling, reduced risk of osteoarthritis, etc. 

I'll have what he's having.

Edited by Jiggy-Z
  • Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Maybe he can get someone to inject concentrated platelet-poor plasma into the joint to buffer the inflammatory cytokines and boost alpha-2-macroglobulin and IRAP? Should minimize inflammation and pain, time of remodeling, reduced risk of osteoarthritis, etc. 

take your Covid talk to the CR nerd

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

banana boat is coming 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

If we can get him for ou that will be cool, but it sucks to have to wait to see him play

This, for me, is the key. The guy's just plain fun to watch play.

Card... less so.

It's like the difference between going to see a great symphony vs a third rate middle school orchestra. You expect to be dazzled, moved and entertained by the former, and cheer raucously when they do. With the latter, you cheer every right note, in hopes they'll see that the good in themselves and... not make the experience so painful for you yourself to witness; it's more of a shared nightmare with the performers.

Edited by Rimbo

Have a feeling he’s better by WV. Whether we actually see him that game will probably depend on how the backups are doing these next 2 weeks. But I bet he’s good to go by then if it wasn’t dislocated. Either way he’s probably taking throwing reps in 2 weeks.

Edited by Hank_Hill

13 hours ago, lubbockhorn88 said:

Am I the only one who thought Ewers looked a bit out of shape? Looks like he's carrying a bit of bad weight in the midsection, and I thought it was especially noticeable during warmups. Dude can sling the ball, but he's still 19 and hopefully he'll be less injury prone after more time in the weight room.

He doesn’t have near the gut that Mac Jones has.  Doesn’t matter, Quinn isn’t trying to win the fucking Tour de France.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Someone stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lubbockhorn88 said:

Am I the only one who thought Ewers looked a bit out of shape? Looks like he's carrying a bit of bad weight in the midsection, and I thought it was especially noticeable during warmups. Dude can sling the ball, but he's still 19 and hopefully he'll be less injury prone after more time in the weight room.

image.jpeg.ae52086a72329466d55fccf1bfad6fcb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952e1d60714ecce4bd4e

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I was thinking two advil, a shot of tequila, and some bengay.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Have a feeling he’s better by WV. Whether we actually see him that game will probably depend on how the backups are doing these next 2 weeks. But I bet he’s good to go by then if it wasn’t dislocated. Either way he’s probably taking throwing reps in 2 weeks.

It’s his SC joint, not his AC joint.  My professional opinion is that throwing in 2 weeks is possible only with a very minor sprain. Also, you don’t really dislocate the SC joint often at all and a posterior dislocation of the SC joint can actually be life threatening.  Which is why Brees tongue in cheek ‘shoot it up and play’ comment was fairly foolish.  

• Hook 'Em 8

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s his SC joint, not his AC joint.  My professional opinion is that throwing in 2 weeks is possible only with a very minor sprain. Also, you don’t really dislocate the SC joint often at all and a posterior dislocation of the SC joint can actually be life threatening.  Which is why Brees tongue in cheek ‘shoot it up and play’ comment was fairly foolish.  

I think if it were dislocated they would have said. It’s really hard to see a posterior dislocation on x-ray, so if that had  been suspected he would’ve been taken immediately to the ER for a CT due to risk of catastrophic vascular injury. Dislocations are extremely uncommon. The only one I took care of in residency was a defensive back with an anterior dislocation that had to be reduced under general anesthesia. He played in a game four weeks after the game he was injured in. Sprain of non throwing shoulder should be 4 weeks max unless the pain is messing w his throwing mechanics

• Hook 'Em 8

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I think if it were dislocated they would have said. It’s really hard to see a posterior dislocation on x-ray, so if that had  been suspected he would’ve been taken immediately to the ER for a CT due to risk of catastrophic vascular injury. Dislocations are extremely uncommon. The only one I took care of in residency was a defensive back with an anterior dislocation that had to be reduced under general anesthesia. He played in a game four weeks after the game he was injured in. Sprain of non throwing shoulder should be 4 weeks max unless the pain is messing w his throwing mechanics

Oh I totally agree.  Dislocation was mentioned in the post I quoted.  I’m saying it can be really damn painful without a dislocation.

My prediction is going off them saying he was in pain taking deep breaths etc.  And game time putting him back in was a no go because as you said, without a CT you can’t really rule out a dislocation…obviously only Xray available at the stadium.  

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh I totally agree.  Dislocation was mentioned in the post I quoted.  I’m saying it can be really damn painful without a dislocation.

My prediction is going off them saying he was in pain taking deep breaths etc.  And game time putting him back in was a no go because as you said, without a CT you can’t really rule out a dislocation…obviously only Xray available at the stadium.  

So, Daktaris, would it maybe have been preferable for the collarbone to actually break instead of overstressing the SC/AC joints?

When I broke my collarbone a couple years ago, my ortho explained that the pain was coming mostly from the joints and the tissue surrounding the fracture, and the fracture could be fixed by surgery or left alone, but the soft tissues would just have to heal.  He said sometimes the bone doesn't break and you have more serious problems at the AC and SC joints.

I elected not to have surgery and was pretty much fine in six weeks, if a little ginger, and I'm an old.

The mallet fracture of my finger incurred in the same wreck turned out to be a bigger deal.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, Daktaris, would it maybe have been preferable for the collarbone to actually break instead of overstressing the SC/AC joints?

When I broke my collarbone a couple years ago, my ortho explained that the pain was coming mostly from the joints and the tissue surrounding the fracture, and the fracture could be fixed by surgery or left alone, but the soft tissues would just have to heal.  He said sometimes the bone doesn't break and you have more serious problems at the AC and SC joints.

I elected not to have surgery and was pretty much fine in six weeks, if a little ginger, and I'm an old.

The mallet fracture of my finger incurred in the same wreck turned out to be a bigger deal.

Clavicle fracture is 6-8 weeks. Grade 1 AC or SC would be ideal. Grade 2 AC is at risk of becoming grade 3 or 4 if you come back too soon and have same tackle. Someone previously mentioned Bradford. The SC Joint is more inherently stable than AC so should be less susceptible to aggravation or worsening but more likely to cause pain with throwing motion than AC injury to no dominant side

• Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

See SawBonz post.  He’s the expert.  

10 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I’ll take this as honest inquiry: but the answer is no. Again, the joint itself is fine - thanks for the additional input from @Sawbonz and @ChiTownDoc  - if the joint structure itself was needing repair, that’s bad.  His ligament structure is what is damaged — stretched actually — and that is going through a natural inflammatory process, which would be necessary to heal it up. If he wound up weeks from now with on-going pain or issues then conceivably, yes you can go ahead and push some PRP or stem cells into the capsule/ligament to stimulate a novel healing process.  I’ve seen these heal in around 4 weeks for D-1 athletes and high schoolers, so OU is a reasonable timeframe. 

• Hook 'Em 6

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet