Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He’s barely played two college games and I think there’s a good chance he’s the #1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. He’s that fucking good.

Probably sounds silly and a bit homerish, I admit, but I can't help but think he could be a 1st rounder in the 2023 draft if it were to continue like this. 

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Probably sounds silly and a bit homerish, I admit, but I can't help but think he could be a 1st rounder in the 2023 draft if it were to continue like this. 

Don’t understand what you are saying. The 2023 draft will be next spring and he will only be 2 years out of high school sO he’s not eligible. If you are talking about a theoretical world where he is eligible for that draft he’s shown enough in 9 quarters that some nfl team would take him on the first round today- provided he has a clean bill of health and doesn’t fail a psych exam or something. 

Was listening to Dan Patrick this morning. He was discussing where is Ewers going to transfer to when Arch Manning shows up.

I was just shaking my head. I’m sure Manning is good but I’m not sure I see him beating out Ewers. At least based on the 9 quarters he’s played so far.

Seemed like he didn’t watch the game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Was listening to Dan Patrick this morning. He was discussing where is Ewers going to transfer to when Arch Manning shows up.

I was just shaking my head. I’m sure Manning is good but I’m not sure I see him beating out Ewers. At least based on the 9 quarters he’s played so far.

Ewers can't transfer anywhere. And he's probably going to be the Heisman frontrunner next season, so getting beaten out by a true freshman seems unlikely, to put it mildly.

Unless he was just joking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Don’t understand what you are saying. The 2023 draft will be next spring and he will only be 2 years out of high school sO he’s not eligible. If you are talking about a theoretical world where he is eligible for that draft he’s shown enough in 9 quarters that some nfl team would take him on the first round today- provided he has a clean bill of health and doesn’t fail a psych exam or something. 

Obviously a hypothetical, as yah, I know, he can't enter this year's draft. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

just so stupid. No offense to Arch, because he is really good, but Quinn is the superior talent (at least arm talent)

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

just so stupid. No offense to Arch, because he is really good, but Quinn is the superior talent (at least arm talent)

And even HE didn't start his first year. Most all of them don't, no matter how elite. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

Ewers can't transfer anywhere. And he's probably going to be the Heisman frontrunner next season, so getting beaten out by a true freshman seems unlikely, to put it mildly.
Unless he was just joking. 

Oh he was serious.

And yes completely boneheaded take.

That’s ok though. If he turns out to be what we all think he can be, they’ll all know soon enough.

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Again and again, people continue to display their ignorance of the situation. Quinn's gone after next year, and the mannings do not have an issue with Arch red-shirting.

I mean come the fuck on, did Arch and the Mannings think that Quinn Fucking Ewers, the highest rated QB prospect in over a decade, was going to shit the bed so that Arch could come in and win the job as a true freshman? This is stupid. 

Arch is gonna redshirt and people are going to act so surprised by it even though it's been obvious since Arch committed, knowing we had 2 full seasons of QE. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Arch is gonna redshirt and people are going to act so surprised by it even though it's been obvious since Arch committed, knowing we had 2 full seasons of QE. 

And they're going to act so surprised after QE sat his freshman year, and after most of these guys do. I'm guessing they're thinking the "Manning" name is different. 

3 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

I think it’s well known Card is gone. It’s such a perfect situation. Manning gets to come in and see what the offense should look like when it’s on a roll eith Ewers then step in for 2 years. 

Arch is great and I've been really impressed with some of his recent performances but I don't think he's as ready to play as Ewers based on HS competition. Let's be really honest -- Ewers would've started for us at some point last season, if not from Day 1.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Arch is great and I've been really impressed with some of his recent performances but I don't think he's as ready to play as Ewers based on HS competition. Let's be really honest -- Ewers would've started for us at some point last season, if not from Day 1.

QE would have started day 1, no doubt, if Tom didn't run him off.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Dan Patrick is one of the greatest sports interviewers of all time but the show and his takes have fallen off a lot in the past couple of years.  I only listen to the weekly Simms hit and occasional CFB stuff.  Can't recall the last time I listened to a full best of even.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Seriously can't believe DP said that. I don't care how good Manning is, Ewers is first draft pick material.

9 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Probably between him and Caleb Williams for it.  Maybe some left tackle prospect I don’t know about. 

No way anyone goes before a QB that has franchise potential in the NFL. They will squint and try to find it and overdraft QB before they will bypass upside. I suspect by the end of 2023 it Won’t be particularly close between Ewers and Williams, as the arm and accuracy and skills in the pocket are so much more important than running ability, but yeah- that’s probably the guy that’s closest to in the running with him. 

36 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Quinn will not reach legendary meme status until some 60 year old woman performs a reworked, embarrassing version of " The mighty Quinn " and releases it on YouTube, like that woman who sang "Johnny Football" to the tune of "Johnny Angel."

She's not 60, but my money is on Nicole. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Does card ever decide the whole qb thing just isn’t gonna work out for him and he tries his hand back at WR? 

If he wants to stay at Texas and play professional football more than he wants to play QB, moving to the slot is the answer. It’s fine if he doesn’t. But I could see him fitting in there.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet