Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sam is probably the best player at this stage that we've had at QB (true soph instead of RsFr although Quinn is a little younger, correct?). Quinn doesn't have the legs but he has much better arm talent.

Heard had a promising start when he ran all over California 😩

Buechele got out the gates better than Ehlinger.  Wasn't until Ehlinger's 2nd starting year that he showed out.

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Heard had a promising start when he ran all over California 😩

Buechele got out the gates better than Ehlinger.  Wasn't until Ehlinger's 2nd starting year that he showed out.

Yeah I was just looking at 2nd seasons on campus (either here or elsewhere). 

Just now, Js1 said:

Damn, if that was a B- game, I can't wait to see an A game from QE. 

He was a little rusty.  To be expected seeing live bullets for the first time after 3 weeks off.  He also seemed to be protecting himself a bit from taking a hit.  That’s what rusty, cautions mullet looks like, and it’s better than anyone we’ve run out there since Colt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Lol

I don’t know about “B-“ but he did miss a few throws. The obvious one was missing a wide-open Whittington for an easy TD the play before that horrid INT. But there were a few others that were complete but, because he was a little off, could have been much bigger gains than they were.

It was also his first game in a month and only his 3rd college game ever, so it’s not like any of that concerns me about QE. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Lol

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

He was a little rusty.  To be expected seeing live bullets for the first time after 3 weeks off.  He also seemed to be protecting himself a bit from taking a hit.  That’s what rusty, cautions mullet looks like, and it’s better than anyone we’ve run out there since Colt.

Yeah, I watched the replay Sunday morning since I was fucking hammered at the game -- and then watched the first half and part of the third quarter on the YouTube clip where the guy removed everything but each play. He missed some easy throws due to rust, the one to Whittington that would've been a walk-in TD for example and had a couple of ill-advised throws that could've been INTs (Sooner DB was OB on one and just couldn't hold onto another) and then put up that duck on an attempted throwaway across the field that was picked. And we still won 49-0. Ewers will make a rookie mistake here and there, which is why I think we can easily lose one or two more games against our remaining schedule, but we are watching greatness unfold before our very eyes. (Our remaining opponents are actually pretty good.)

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, I watched the replay Sunday morning since I was fucking hammered at the game -- and then watched the first half and part of the third quarter on the YouTube clip where the guy removed everything but each play. He missed some easy throws due to rust, the one to Whittington that would've been a walk-in TD for example and had a couple of ill-advised throws that could've been INTs (Sooner DB was OB on one and just couldn't hold onto another) and then put up that duck on an attempted throwaway across the field that was picked. And we still won 49-0. Ewers will make a rookie mistake here and there, which is why I think we can easily lose one or two more games against our remaining schedule, but we are watching greatness unfold before our very eyes. (Our remaining opponents are actually pretty good.)

He reminds me of Luka’s first year on the Mavs.  It waa obvious to everyone, even people who don’t know shit about basketball, 5 minutes into his first preseason game that he was really fucking good.  It’s gonna be a fun ride.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

identify the players:

38/58-6ptd-1int-1rtd; team score 115v38

36/61-6ptd-2int-0rtd; team score 122v33

46/67-6ptd-2int-0rtd; team score 120v30

I looked. Player B is Vince but those are the 13th, 14th and 15th games he was playing for Texas -- and he was still mainly a runner instead of a complete QB at that point. We've just witnessed Quinn's first three, two in reality.

Player A is Colt's first three games from his redshirt freshman season, which is a comparable sample size. He was just asked to drive the bus for the defending national champs in those three games and didn't surpass 178 yards in either of them. We were non-competitive with Ohio State, though we were talking about the #1 team in the nation.

I still feel pretty good about saying Ewers is well beyond both of those two former Texas legends through their first three career starts.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

These items found by @texifornia

And this found by @ztejas

You could tell Rattler sucked early on. He was easily flustered in the pocket and pressured into mistakes. Ewers has elite arm strength and fitting balls in tight windows that Rattler could only dream about. In my opinion, Ewers looks absolutely light years ahead of Rattler

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

You could tell Rattler sucked early on. He was easily flustered in the pocket and pressured into mistakes. Ewers has elite arm strength and fitting balls in tight windows that Rattler could only dream about. In my opinion, Ewers looks absolutely light years ahead of Rattler

Bobby Burton posed the question the other day in a video, "what QB would you pick to run your offense in college right now besides Quinn" and the only answer was CJ Stroud. Quinn is pretty special.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Bobby Burton posed the question the other day in a video, "what QB would you pick to run your offense in college right now besides Quinn" and the only answer was CJ Stroud. Quinn is pretty special.

It was what QB in college would you pick as a passer over Quinn

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

We were non-competitive with Ohio State, though we were talking about the #1 team in the nation.

As a side note, we were down 14-7 at halftime, eventually losing 24-7 in Colt's second ever college game.  And one of our starting DBs, Tarell Brown, was suspended for that game.  All things considered, I wouldn't say we were non-competitive with Ohio State.

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

As a side note, we were down 14-7 at halftime, eventually losing 24-7 in Colt's second ever college game.  And one of our starting DBs, Tarell Brown, was suspended for that game.  All things considered, I wouldn't say we were non-competitive with Ohio State.

With a dropped TD just before half. And FUPM Brown calling a scared to death game because RFr QB can't be trusted to win. Feh.

Enjoy looking at #3 on the field while you can ...

Reposted from another thread..., with a few edits.

The collective offensive talent Texas puts on the field is as good as any that has ever graced the 40 acres. 

Ewers, Bijan, Whittington, Sanders & Banks (the 5* guys) w/ a side of Roschon, Worthy, & Robinson #2, and a few things that haven't finished marinating yet. 

The imagination and play calling of the offense for an entire game is off the charts compared to anything else that has been here.

The combination of those has yet to fully mature.  Remember, Colt had been throwing to Shipley for 10 years.

Quinn's only had 1st team reps for a few months. A lot of the "OU playbook" was under wraps until last week.  There is no substitute for reps between the QB and receivers. Bijan; "...he ain't going to throw it...get open, man ... here it comes...catch it", or Whittington's enthusiasm when talking about QE's calm demeanor and confidence. There will come a time when their response will be  "...oh, ...yeah... he does that all the time!"

It reminds me of when a reporter watched a Troy Aikman-Dallas Cowboy practice and reflected that he didn't remember a pass ever hitting the ground, and a staffer replied "that happens a lot".  Wait 'til Ewers has had hundreds of reps w/ all the receivers. 

QE has played in parts of 3 games. Big arm? "You got a gift. When you were a baby, the Gods reached down and turned your right arm into a thunderbolt."  But he has so much more;  Anticipation. Awareness. Unreal ball placement. Attitude. Humble beyond belief. The video of him trotting out of the Cotton Bowl tunnel, looking around, taking it all in. He was born for this.

Ewers is young and has some lessons to learn.  Other good coaches that watch game film. LB's and DL that are faster than he is.  DB's that have the same awareness and anticipation.  He has already faced adversity, and his response was admirable.

"You take good care of this boy of yours Mister Sarkisian, because if you drop him, you'll not find another like him."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

These items found by @texifornia

And this found by @ztejas

Here's what the 'Nerds' don't get.  The two things you can't teach a QB are Accuracy and Arm Talent.  Ewers can make throws that few others in CFB can and he looks to be accurate doing it so far. 

Like these dipshits think his first year in the offense as a redshirt freshman (age of a true freshman), and he should have command of the reads like a four year starter.  Here's where these dipshits are lost, this is Ewers floor and he already look like one of the best QBs in CFB.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

And one player fumbled at the one reaching the ball out. 

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Sam is probably the best player at this stage that we've had at QB (true soph instead of RsFr although Quinn is a little younger, correct?). Quinn doesn't have the legs but he has much better arm talent. 

But you'd expect Quinn to get better and not plateau like Sam did here (for multiple reasons).

Sam is no where close to Ewers in terms of talent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Dude is getting his 15 mins of fame. "Hey everyone, I'll be a contrarian and say Ewers isn't good. Look at me!!!!"

Fuck him.

He even said "i know this will be controversial but..." which is the hallmark of a fucking dumbass take that nobody agrees with and is just posted to stir shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Simms threw too many INTs, Ewers appears to not have that issue.

Its early, but Ewers has thrown an Int in 2 of 3 games. He has a little Favre in him. He makes some throws that he just believes he can fit the ball in, that he should not. That needs to be reigned in a bit.

Simms had a great arm, but lacked the anticipation that Ewers has shown. Most strong arm QBs wait for guys to get open and have the arm strength to get it there, despite being late on the throw. That usually catches up to them at some level of play. It's extremely rare for a young college QB with Ewers' arm talent to already show anticipation. 

5 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I don’t know about “B-“ but he did miss a few throws. The obvious one was missing a wide-open Whittington for an easy TD the play before that horrid INT. But there were a few others that were complete but, because he was a little off, could have been much bigger gains than they were.

It was also his first game in a month and only his 3rd college game ever, so it’s not like any of that concerns me about QE. 

This is where I am. He showed off amazing talent and poise for such an atmosphere, but after watching the game 3 times there are several throws that range from slightly off target to poor, and that doesn’t include any times when he didn’t see open receivers that weren’t visible on TV. He can definitely get better, which is pretty exciting, but we should be prepared for some hiccups along the way. That’s why I’m so interested in seeing how he plays against ISU, which likely has the best defense we’ll see all year. If he can put up 35+ on them, this is going to be a special season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet