Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

15 hours ago, PDX_Horn said:

And multiple conference championships 

Time to write some history Quinn and Arch

Super Bowl LXll featuring 2x Super Bowl champion Quin Ewers taking on rookie sensation and 3 time SEC champion Arch Manning. 

I would say 3 time SB champion Quin Ewers but I'm trying to keep it realistic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So are we just chalking up some of these terrible throws to youth and only his third start? That’s 4th down pass to Cain was reminiscent of what Casey Thompson threw up to Worthy last year. I thought Quinn was suppose to throw a great deep ball, but his timing thus far has been pretty bad. I’d like to see him step into it and sling it instead of lofting it way up in the air.

36 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

That 4th down throw was the thing nightmares are made of. 

But I still like him. Because we suck a lot less with him playing. 

My pet idea is that he saw how wide open Cain was and decided to loft it up -- and fucked it up -- instead of just slinging it. Mental error that will never happen again. 

Edited by mwaadeeb
talking about the throw Ewers missed (not the Cain drop)
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The long 4th down throw to Cain was a bad throw, but it also seems like our WRs are uniquely bad at adjusting to deep balls that aren’t right on target.  Ewers puts plenty of air under his deep balls, so it’s not like the Card throws where the WRs have no opportunity to adjust  because the ball is low trajectory and overthrown.  They just don’t seem to track the ball or deviate their route if the ball isn’t right on the money.

Absolutely this. It was a bad throw but it was also a very catchable pass. Ewers blew the touchdown, Cain blew the first down (and goal to go).

What has Quinn played? 11 or 12 quarters of football since he was a high school junior? The game is going to continue to “slow down” for him. The o-line and supporting playmakers around him will hopefully (should/better) similarly settle in as reps increase across the board for all of them. The biggest growth, as should be expected, should occur from where we are now and going forward. There is some good football in store for us (and growing pains) coming our way. I swore off the Koolaid as it has had a bitter after-taste for much too long now. It’s gradually becoming easier to swallow now. It has to be and it’s way overdue. We get the D playing closer to the level of the O, then we got something going closer to our “standard” again.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

The thing I like about Ewers is he throws to where the receiver is going to be before he comes out of his break. If done correctly, it is undefendable. Done wrong and at best it looks terrible.At worst it is an int.

I like that you clarified that the worst result is an INT. Very informative. 

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The long 4th down throw to Cain was a bad throw, but it also seems like our WRs are uniquely bad at adjusting to deep balls that aren’t right on target.  Ewers puts plenty of air under his deep balls, so it’s not like the Card throws where the WRs have no opportunity to adjust  because the ball is low trajectory and overthrown.  They just don’t seem to track the ball or deviate their route if the ball isn’t right on the money.

Methinks if Neyor was healthy and got those 3 Cain targets, all 3 would have been catches with 2 going for very long TDs. Cain got the most targets in a game this season, and fucked up all 3.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

So are we just chalking up some of these terrible throws to youth and only his third start? That’s 4th down pass to Cain was reminiscent of what Casey Thompson threw up to Worthy last year. I thought Quinn was suppose to throw a great deep ball, but his timing thus far has been pretty bad. I’d like to see him step into it and sling it instead of lofting it way up in the air.

I know I’ve seen enough.  We know who Quinn is.  Card needs to be the guy moving forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2022 at 9:11 AM, Armybrat said:

I smell some funny smoke in here.

Sorry for partying?

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Absolutely this. It was a bad throw but it was also a very catchable pass. Ewers blew the touchdown, Cain blew the first down (and goal to go).

This was my take as well.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:02 PM, Irieguy said:

I like that you clarified that the worst result is an INT. Very informative. 

I mean technically the worst thing that can happen when passing is to get driven to the ground and sprain your shoulder and miss three games. But and INT sucks too. 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet