Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

The problem? His personal success off the field had nothing to do with his success on the field. He was the anointed savior before he even threw a pass in an actual college game. 

When you shower some guys with all that right out of the gate, then they lose all their drive. Some are just driven.  Bijan is just driven. He has nothing left to gain off the field but he goes out there and plays like the best player in the nation. 

I haven’t seen any drive out of Quinn. All I’ve seen is a dude with raw talent that just shows up. He’s Baker Mayfield without the chip on his shoulder. Someone needs to piss in Quinn’s cheerios just to see if he gives a shit. 

he's too good for cheerios... piss or not. He probably has a fucking food taster anyway.

These dudes are more concerned about their NIL stuff and Instagram followers than winning.  Worthy looked like he quit after the first quarter looking at his body language.  I-line had how many false starts and holding calls?  D line had how many offsides calls?  Quinn looked worse than Tyrone Swoopes.  Sark once again was completely out coached in the 2nd half.  He’s not the answer.  We have a 5 star QB, 5 star RB, 2 5 star WRs, a 5 star TE and a 5 star LT.  I can’t name you a single dude on Oklahoma state’s offense after Sanders.  Everyone is right.  This team is soft and losers.  Revenge tour my ass and new culture my ass.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

First true road game for a guy barely old enough to be in college. 14 penalties.  Felt similar the Tech game, but different guy at QB.  Same team, same results.  Even with the putrid play at QB, penalties were the difference. We really need Sark to become a good 2nd half offensive coach rather quickly.  

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't know. There is always something. The bottom line is this is the game we have usually lost over the past dozen years and we lost it. There are all kinds of things that go wrong and this year it was Ewers. I fully expect him to be awesome again as soon as we are out of contention for the Big 12.

I don't know. We are a loser program who does loser things.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Longboard Horn said:

What's wrong with Quinn? HE IS A FRESHMAN! Freshman sometimes will struggle and make mistakes. But keeping him out there was on the coaching staff. 

This wasnt a freshman making freshman mistakes. Even case mccoy never had a game this bad. Literally every ball was missed by 4-5 yards

• Hook 'Em 1

Last week when Texas needed a big offensive response, they turned to Bijan and Roschon to drive the length of the field. This week, for whatever reason, Sark absolutely refused to go back to that package. I don't know why. We had three straight three and outs where we went run-pass-pass. Sark never gave the run game a chance to rebound from a short gain. As soon as Bijan ran for less than 5 yards, he immediately abandoned it and dialed up something deep.

What's more frustrating is that Sark and Ewers both had an extreme aversion to any kind of short to mid passing game. It was just constantly deep ball, deep ball, deep ball. When they finally tried throwing something short, the receivers and the backs were able to make moves out in space and pick up key yards. But they only drew up a handful of those types of plays, and just kept trying to hit on the long ball. Absolutely no adjustments were made. It's insane.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Because Sark's a genius and he's going to show you how much of a genius he is. The same disease that affected Tom Herman. 

Reminds me more of Mackovic.  He is going to call his plays regardless of what the game presents him.  Not a winning formula, imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

He was doing a bunch of floater lobs. Pretty much every one was an incompletion or pick. The few ropes he threw were usually caught - except for that last one off of Sanders' hands.

Quite a few times he was throwing to a spot and his receivers did not even try to go to that spot. Makes you wonder if he was throwing to the wrong spot or if the receivers were fucking up. Several of those "overthrows" were catchable balls if the receiver actually makes an effort to go get it.

Sure, maybe you draw that up as an inside pass but if the defense is defending it then you have to know to change it to an outside pass. Ewers seemed to recognize that but Worthy and some others stupidly didn't recognize the defensive coverage and stuck with what they expected instead of adjusting.

We see it all the time in the NFL - play is called, QB and WR see a LB or S shift and recognize the need to run a different route, QB throws before the break expecting the WR to have the same read and it's a completion.

Ewers was off, yes, but I think some of those "bad throws" were actually the right throw but the receiver didn't make the same read.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He's a redshirt freshman in his first road start. Sark should have pulled him when it was clear he didn't have it.

I have to disagree. He was not good in this game. But, the solution was not to take him off the field. The solution would have been to change the gameplan. Let Bijan and Roschon take the burden from him. But, pulling him would have been a bad decision.

He NEEDED this roadgame experience. The score didn't get out of hand. Texas didn't trail in the second half until late in the 4th quarter.

Continuing to draw up big plays instead of trying intermediate throws or giving the run game a change to set up some play action is absolutely what lost you this game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I too think that the reason for the marked decline in his performance in this game is the NIL money he’s been steady getting for years now 

Well, I personally think NIL is going to ruin college football, along with the portal and some other shit coming down the pike.

Ewers has always been curiously disengaged.  He's not a fiery dude, at all.  It's somewhat surprising that he seems to elevate the play of those around him, including the defense, at least compared to Card, and Thompson for that matter.

• Hook 'Em 2

Coaching.

He was clearly off, yet Sark wanted him to play through whatever the issue is.

D had their issues today, but ultimately Zero help from the offense in the second half other than 3 points. 

whatever May be wrong with Quinn, Sark today was the bigger issue. 

Edited by Call

2 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

I have to disagree. He was not good in this game. But, the solution was not to take him off the field. The solution would have been to change the gameplan. Let Bijan and Roschon take the burden from him. But, pulling him would have been a bad decision.

He NEEDED this roadgame experience. The score didn't get out of hand. Texas didn't trail in the second half until late in the 4th quarter.

Continuing to draw up big plays instead of trying intermediate throws or giving the run game a change to set up some play action is absolutely what lost you this game.

What seemed to change the game, for a minute there, was to take Worthy off the field.  Ewers started completing passes again and stopped going long.  Until he didn't.

This wasn't the kind of game you expect from a talented freshman.  But then again, his talent is strange.  It's like he's too chill, no matter what's going on.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, Aslan24 said:

There were like 4 drives after it got out of hand. What is the purpose of giving him the experience of the rough road game if we lose the fucking game? Bijan and Roschon can’t do it all if everyone knows that the quarterback is coming down and can’t make a pass.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet