Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

And you’re the jerk off that hangs his participation’s ribbons on the mantle there’s room for everyone 

You seem completely beside yourself that a really inconsistent team that can’t win on the road lost on the road to a better team.

Maybe you’re the fucking idiot?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, F250 said:

By adjust you mean he should stop lofting moon balls to the sidelines and maybe try and work through his progressions while throwing an accurate pass?

That hit he took in the Alabama game took away any comfort he once had in the pocket. He's a lot more anxious now and as a result either doesn't go through his progressions or reads them too quickly for anything to develop.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Man you guys are way off. I don't think Ewers was hurt at all. I think it was a combination of rushed throws because guys were coming completely unblocked and receivers just absolutely dogging it, not willing to help out their guy. That's why I think that the Card thing is silly. Like what was his ball-holding ass gonna do? 

42:00 Ewers lets one go and Worthy makes zero effort to go and get it. Just runs and sees its a little out of his reach and gives up. 

42:35 Bijan goes out into the flat for a pass. On his release the DE runs right past him completely free. If he was looking he would know the ball has to come out quickly and be ready for it. QE throws it in the only place he can as quickly as he can. No help from teammate. Next play I am not sure what route Cain is running but the ball location has to go to his right shoulder or else possibly get picked by the safety. 

112:48 Bijan misses his responsibility and the LB comes completely untouched causing this rushed throw. QE had a shallow crosser but even that would've been tough to get there. This one was on Bijan. 

130:30 The three layer look that someone swore we didn't run. Blitzers comes completely untouched causing QE to have to try and sidearm something around him and hope Whit makes a play. 

132:02 Sanders misses a block. Man in face where QE would throw causes to have to throw around him. Errant throw. 

144:00 Just a complete lack of effort by worthy on the deep ball. Ball lands a little short and to the right of him by two yards. Go get the ball. 

222:55 Ball is high and Worthy is trotting and makes no effort to jump and high point it. 

234:30 Blitz and has to throw it away.

235:25 Ro runs a nice route but isn't expecting the ball which hits him right in the hands and he drops it

244:45  Watch Jones get put on his back causing QE to rush this throw. Even so he knows Worthy has his man over top so he throws it for him to come back to with plenty of air underneath it and as usual Worthy seems uninterested in making a play. 

Ewers was off but if you were paying attention a lot of it was because we were allowing OSU to speed him up/throw it too early, and in some instances he was trying to throw around a free blitzer. Some of you think Card was going to come in and make this stuff going on around him NOT happen. We know Card holds the ball longer than Ewers so he would've been sacked. Secondly, receivers weren't making an effort. Every ball isn't going to be perfectly in stride. Sometimes you have to make a tough catch and we simply didn't. We have to keep QE fairly clean and someone on the receiving corp not named J-Whit has to play with some effort and want to. 

Some good points here although I think you're being a little harsh on Worthy. I agree that he had some bad effort plays but on several plays you pointed out, he really had no chance of catching the ball. And on the one at 42:00 I think he didn't see the ball coming his way until late. 

It does seem like Quinn was rushing throws a lot even when he didn't need to. Probably a result of the environment and the OL having one of their worse games this year. I also noticed he was very quick to throw the ball away even when the pocket was still clean. That doesn't totally explain the complete lack of accuracy though. I would guess that it was partially the road environment, partly wind, partly his finger (moreso the mental part of feeling injured), and partly being on different page with the WRs. But tbh I'm puzzled by it.

Sark certainly isn't blameless but it's crazy to fully blame him too. On the negative side: Every game the offense seems much more vanilla in the 2nd half (less misdirection, eye candy, etc). OSU adjusted to stop the counter (as Gundy told the halftime reporter) and we had no answer. He probably should've pulled QE (ex: Dabo pulled DJ in their game, but immediately afterwards said that even Steph Curry has 2-24 games but DJ is still their QB). To Sark's defense though: WRs were running wide open all game. In that sense, what more can you ask for? Sark drew up plays with wide open WRs but he can't run out there and make the throw too. 

Side note: fwiw, Cade Klubnik looked extremely shaky throwing the ball too. I didn't watch but Weigman's numbers in garbage time weren't good either (plus apparently the coaches think King should start over him). This whole "Freshman" thing matters.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Except that wasn’t really working in the second half either

I agree but there were a couple of drives where it was tho which is the head scratcher. We only needed a couple of productive drives in the second half and we win this game easily with Ewers having a horrible day. If the passing and run game are being inconsistent, I’m going to choose Bijan and Rojo to find a way to win 9 times out of 10. They get things going then Sark spreads the defense out with uptempo, quick screens and getting K Rob involved in the passing game. Something we have seen work time and time again this year with huge success. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I don’t think it is Aggy to say a freshmen looked like a freshman, but each to their own

No, it’s just the “new qb looks great, then looks not great, then the fans turn on him and anoint the next freshman as the real savior” narrative has been aggy for 20 years. 

People wanted Vince to move to wide receiver and Chance Mock had to bail him out at home against Tech in 2003.  Quinn played poorly but tried to put the team on his back at the end like Sam, like Colt, like Vince, etc.  It didn’t work out, but it isn’t his fault the refs fucked us on a phantom hold. We’ll finish 8-4 and next year I hope we run it up on these teams every chance we get.  Make this bitch ass conference look like the relegation league it is.

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

This is what is puzzling me the most.  How does he go from “oh he’s probably the #1 overall pick in the 2024 draft to “should have replaced him with the qb we were happy to hit the bench”

how does he go from making pinpoint accurate passes to throwing YARDS off.  Even without really knowing if Ewers and the WRs weren’t on the same page or whatever you could see the difference in the throws.  He went from the ball looking like it was supernaturally launched from his hand 2 weeks ago to looking like he just learned to throw a few days ago.  Mind boggling. 

maybe the fact that he throws all arm with a 25 mph wind blowing and wasn't at all comfortable in the pocket in his first ever road game in college in his 4th game since his junior year of high school.

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I watch wayyyyyy too much football and you never see such disjointed action past JV games. Something is wrong, critically wrong, with the offense. It’s so bad we don’t even know who deserves more of the blame (well aside from the head coach). Worthy looks like he DGAF, maybe that has rubbed off on everyone.  

Not sure why y’all keep saying someone that is routinely getting open despite the secondary focus on him and continues to bust his ass blocking down field dgaf. I’d wager most of you have never ran a route and caught a football in your life. Worthy did his part yesterday, his QB did not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

57 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

This is what is puzzling me the most.  How does he go from “oh he’s probably the #1 overall pick in the 2024 draft to “should have replaced him with the qb we were happy to hit the bench”

The only puzzling thing about this is why any rational person would ever mention a #1 overall pick status about a freshman.  The hype was stupid from the get-go.  Quinn might be great or he might not be.  But it's going to take longer than this to figure that out.  So far his body of work is one great quarter against Alabama before they had a chance to make any adjustments and who has since not lived up to their own hype, and then he beat up on a bunch of unranked teams.   His year so far should not have led anyone to be any more impressed than, "He looks pretty good for a freshman."  VY had shit games.  Colt once threw 4 picks in a game.  Anyone expecting high level week-in and week-out consistency from a 19 year old is an idiot.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

The only puzzling thing about this is why any rational person would ever mention a #1 overall pick status about a freshman.  The hype was stupid from the get-go.  Quinn might be great or he might not be.  But it's going to take longer than this to figure that out.  So far his body of work is one great quarter against Alabama before they had a chance to make any adjustments and who has since not lived up to their own hype, and then he beat up on a bunch of unranked teams.   His year so far should not have led anyone to be any more impressed than, "He looks pretty good for a freshman."  VY had shit games.  Colt once threw 4 picks in a game.  Anyone expecting high level week-in and week-out consistency from a 19 year old is an idiot.   

He had a decent game against ou also. 

High level? He threw 30 incomplete passes. There was specific mention that 15 of those were overthrows. If that’s Texas’ standard, they should throw me in scholarship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Some good points here although I think you're being a little harsh on Worthy. I agree that he had some bad effort plays but on several plays you pointed out, he really had no chance of catching the ball. And on the one at 42:00 I think he didn't see the ball coming his way until late. 

It does seem like Quinn was rushing throws a lot even when he didn't need to. Probably a result of the environment and the OL having one of their worse games this year. I also noticed he was very quick to throw the ball away even when the pocket was still clean. That doesn't totally explain the complete lack of accuracy though. I would guess that it was partially the road environment, partly wind, partly his finger (moreso the mental part of feeling injured), and partly being on different page with the WRs. But tbh I'm puzzled by it.

Sark certainly isn't blameless but it's crazy to fully blame him too. On the negative side: Every game the offense seems much more vanilla in the 2nd half (less misdirection, eye candy, etc). OSU adjusted to stop the counter (as Gundy told the halftime reporter) and we had no answer. He probably should've pulled QE (ex: Dabo pulled DJ in their game, but immediately afterwards said that even Steph Curry has 2-24 games but DJ is still their QB). To Sark's defense though: WRs were running wide open all game. In that sense, what more can you ask for? Sark drew up plays with wide open WRs but he can't run out there and make the throw too. 

Side note: fwiw, Cade Klubnik looked extremely shaky throwing the ball too. I didn't watch but Weigman's numbers in garbage time weren't good either (plus apparently the coaches think King should start over him). This whole "Freshman" thing matters.

Worthy's weak body control when tracking the ball is a huge hole in his game. It's been there from the beginning but really shown itself this year, and it seems to have gotten in his head.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just tortured myself and watched Gameday Final on LHN.

Strangest QB performance I’ve ever seen. As horrible as the was for 59 minutes, he was money on the desperation drive and motherfuck it all we would have scored a TD if that last ball doesn’t bounce off JTS hands. Hell he may have scored himself on that play.

Snakebit in addition to not being dialed in.

Hopefully two straight weeks of practice without the “distraction” of a game will be productive.

• Hook 'Em 1

Even Colt had a sophomore slump... I've had a day to relax and recover... We'll be fine. We all knew this was a rebuilding year. Maybe Sark is it, mebbe not, but I get why he's sticking by QE...

I do stand by a previous comment I made on a different thread... fucker needs to be good to wear a mullet like that. 

Sark's played QB before, I haven't... He's coached good QBs before, I haven't... I mean, he's got a plan for the future, I haven't... It's time to pull the good bourbon off the shelf, have a glass, and RELAX... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even Colt had a sophomore slump... I've had a day to relax and recover... We'll be fine. We all knew this was a rebuilding year. Maybe Sark is it, mebbe not, but I get why he's sticking by QE...
I do stand by a previous comment I made on a different thread... fucker needs to be good to wear a mullet like that. 
Sark's played QB before, I haven't... He's coached good QBs before, I haven't... I mean, he's got a plan for the future, I haven't... It's time to pull the good bourbon off the shelf, have a glass, and RELAX... 

Walking Stick for me tonight
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, bullet said:

We've had a LOT worse pass blocking games.  Pressure was probably worse every single game last year and QBs didn't miss their receivers by 20 yards.  You must be the same people who kept trying to say Charlie Strong was a good coach despite all evidence to the contrary.  Ewers may end up being a really good QB, but he had one of the worst performances in Texas history yesterday.

I don't know why, but Ewers was historically awful.

He was still kind of rushing throws.  I'm not making excuses, it's just an observation.

I think had Card been in the game, the pass blocking would have been more obviously bad due to his tendency to flee and/or self-sack.

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i remain gobsmacked at sark's inability? refusal? to see this and pull him

and then to double down on it in the presser

why? it's inconceivable.

Which is why it seems like Sark ain't it too. His predecessors did the same thing. It's almost like they do it out of spite because "the fans just aren't smarter than me." 

I fully believe Hudson Card could've done better than 19/49 QE gave us. Just throw 55% ish and Texas cruises yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

No one (should have) thought this was going to be an easy game.  Thoughts that we would be competitive were based almost entirely on one guy, Quinn Ewers, who had an awful game.

The thing that's driving people bonkers is that we did lead at the half, which is semi-miraculous in and of itself.  Like a lot of the second-half losses last year.

This was not a simple case of ‘freshman inexperience’’ .

The OSU ewers was far different than the OU ewers . ? Why?

whatever the reason, it doesn’t make sense, unless money is involved or there’s an injury issue. Sark though shoulda put next man up. 

money is killing this game not helping it.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet