Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

12 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’m not sure anyone on the defense would make the two deep of the championship teams.

Every single one of them, if you put the racism aside, would start for the 60s and 1970 championship teams. And they would dominate and be the number 1 defense in the country by a mile. 

Man I’m not interested in a pissing match because I appreciate your posts. But seriously? This team is that good personnel wise?
This team doesn’t have one player who would start on defense for our championship teams. Not a single one.

Impossible to know. Those guys played in the same scheme their entire careers. Some of the interior guys are as impactful as those interior guys. I’m not saying better but certainly possibly rotational guys.

But Ford and DMO will get better shots at the NFL than the 2005 guys.

Every single one of them, if you put the racism aside, would start for the 60s and 1970 championship teams. And they would dominate and be the number 1 defense in the country by a mile. 

I wasn’t bringing any racism to it. I was actually just thinking of the 05, 08, and 09 teams. Yeah I know the last two didn’t win a championship, but they should have.

14 hours ago, Atticus said:

They lack experience at too many key positions. Even with Neyor, 9 wins was most likely. No matter what Sark does, he can't make the young guys play like veterans. Can't make up for players lacking awareness or poise.

Next year is the big year if we stay healthier at key positions.

I think offensively Texas is in a spot to be elite next year. OL should improve. I can not believe I am going to type this, Texas just needs to find someone to replace Jones (Williams is capable). 

Defensively, that is going to require some work. Texas is struggling in pass coverage right now and stonewalling the run. Have to replace the heart of the defense (IDL). Half the secondary and LBs. Texas is going to need to hit on a couple portal guys.

46 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I wasn’t bringing any racism to it. I was actually just thinking of the 05, 08, and 09 teams. Yeah I know the last two didn’t win a championship, but they should have.

I wasn't suggesting you were. Those teams were all white teams, and if you put that aside and go just on talent and ability this defense would crush college football in the 60s and 1970. 

• Like 1

Quinn’s last 3 games have been below avg. With a Conference Championship in play for the first time since’18,  should Sark stick with QB1 regardless, or make a change if needed?

With no Conference Title since 2009 and Colt, is this a development year, or does Sark play to win at all costs?

• Fuck You 12

2 minutes ago, Vince McCoy said:

Quinn’s last 3 games have been below avg. With a Conference Championship in play for the first time since’18,  should Sark stick with QB1 regardless, or make a change if needed?

With no Conference Title since 2009 and Colt, is this a development year, or does Sark play to win at all costs?

Depends on what you mean by "if needed".

If Quinn is actively melting down in a fourth quarter then yes, you pull him but start him the next game to see how he responds. He and X need to play catch on the sidelines, go on a tandem bike ride, SOMETHING.

34 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I wasn't suggesting you were. Those teams were all white teams, and if you put that aside and go just on talent and ability this defense would crush college football in the 60s and 1970. 

OSU was a clunker, but I think ISU and KSU were solid games vs good defenses

Defenses ranked by pts per drive nationally

OU - 88th

ISU- 11th

OSU- 91

KSU- 27

Sark was definitely protecting Quinn in the KSU game. 

TCU is 60th

2 hours ago, Vince McCoy said:

He’s been below average in 1 of his last 3 games. Clamoring for Card is unbelievably dumb and clearly just idolizing the backup QB.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Well yeah. If they played Fielding Yost's 1901 'Point-a-minute' Michigan Wolverines our dudes would destroy them. They didn't even have helmets. 

Not sure how useful it is to compare such different eras. I am sure our guys would dominate any team of any race from the 1960s. Of course the very rules of the game were so dramatically different it might take them a bit to learn they can just annihilate the WRs at the Line of Scrimmage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. Card.

I appreciate the hell out of Hudson. Don’t be dumb.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He's only had one poor game.  The other 2 games were good games by him.  Go back and check the QBR.  You're being a reactionary vagina.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

He's only had one poor game.  The other 2 games were good games by him.  Go back and check the QBR.  You're being a reactionary vagina.

1 loss most agreed he should have been pulled, 2 50/50 ugly games we win in spite of a completion ratio hovering around 50%. 
 IMO winning the conference is more important. No guarantee it works, but don’t leave any bullets in your gun. 
 TCU isn’t a must win, Baylor likely is.

• Fuck You 3

Hi Ian.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vince McCoy said:

1 loss most agreed he should have been pulled, 2 50/50 ugly games we win in spite of a completion ratio hovering around 50%. 
 IMO winning the conference is more important. No guarantee it works, but don’t leave any bullets in your gun. 
 TCU isn’t a must win, Baylor likely is.

I will take 35-57 369 yards 5 TDs 0 Ints and 0 sacks against the top 2 defenses in the league as ugly games any day. Quinn has 173 attempts this year and taken 1 sack. Card has 107 attempts and taken 8 sacks. I know this is something Longhorn fans are not used to seeing, but Quinn avoids sacks. He does crazy shit like throw the ball away, instead of taking sacks. Most sacks are on the QB, not the OL. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

I will take 35-57 369 yards 5 TDs 0 Ints and 0 sacks against the top 2 defenses in the league as ugly games any day. Quinn has 173 attempts this year and taken 1 sack. Card has 107 attempts and taken 8 sacks. I know this is something Longhorn fans are not used to seeing, but Quinn avoids sacks. He does crazy shit like throw the ball away, instead of taking sacks. Most sacks are on the QB, not the OL. 

Selectively leaving out the OSU game and not mentioning interceptions huh? I’d rather see Sacks  than interceptions, and I’d rather see a QB attempt to extend the play rather than throw it out of bounds.

That’s Beside the point. The point is, if things go wrong like they did at OSU, would you rather have a conference title, or make no change?

it’s impossible to ignore when you have what most consider to be one of the best back up quarterbacks in the nation sitting on your bench.

Edited by Vince McCoy
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Vince McCoy said:

Selectively leaving out the OSU game and not mentioning interceptions huh? I’d rather see Sacks  than interceptions, and I’d rather see a QB attempt to extend the play rather than throw it out of bounds.

That’s Beside the point. The point is, if things go wrong like they did at OSU, would you rather have a conference title, or make no change?

I already said that was a shitty game. I was commenting on your statement about 50/50 ugly games he played that Texas won. I can not answer that question, because the choice is not make a change to Card and win a conference title or stick with Ewers. 

Edited by Codaxx

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I already said that was a shitty game. I was commenting on your statement about 50/50 ugly games he played that Texas won. I can not answer that question, because the choice is not make a change to Card and win a conference title or stick with Ewers. 

For sure there is no guarantee that making changes results in winning. IMO doing nothing shouldn’t be an option if the season is in danger. Opportunities like this are generationally rare, and shouldn’t be squandered, especially by a coach who hasn’t cemented his tenure.

• Fuck You 5

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

When was our last deep ball touchdown?

The one I can remember was Casey Thompson to Joshua Moore (I think?) to go up 28-7 vs. OU last year. Then everything went to shit. 

Card had the deep one to X that bounced off a WVU defender's hand. Also X had the throw to Sanders lol

17 minutes ago, Vince McCoy said:

For sure there is no guarantee that making changes results in winning. IMO doing nothing shouldn’t be an option if the season is in danger. Opportunities like this are generationally rare, and shouldn’t be squandered, especially by a coach who hasn’t cemented his tenure.

A) There's no benefit to starting Card. Sark opens up the playbook a lot more with Quinn, though he babied him last week. This shouldn't be a discussion unless Quinn is really struggling

B) Quinn had to face at least two of the following three factors against ISU/OSU/KSU: really good defenses, away crowds, high winds. None of this come into play this week

C) Opportunities like this are generationally rare? Lol no, this is our biggest game in three years, but let's not get carried away here. This is a big game only because it's a step we need to make to get to even bigger games

55 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Card had the deep one to X that bounced off a WVU defender's hand. Also X had the throw to Sanders lol

A) There's no benefit to starting Card. Sark opens up the playbook a lot more with Quinn, though he babied him last week. This shouldn't be a discussion unless Quinn is really struggling

B) Quinn had to face at least two of the following three factors against ISU/OSU/KSU: really good defenses, away crowds, high winds. None of this come into play this week

C) Opportunities like this are generationally rare? Lol no, this is our biggest game in three years, but let's not get carried away here. This is a big game only because it's a step we need to make to get to even bigger games

A. Never said start Card, agree 

B. Excuses that didn’t affect the competition 

C. Last Conference Title 2009, Last top 5 win at home 1999, that’s a generation.

This game is not crucial for the title, more for recruiting 

Edited by Vince McCoy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Vince McCoy said:

C. Last Conference Title 2009, Last top 5 win at home 1999, that’s a generation.

Card sucks and lost to Tech all by himself. 

So what is your solution? Have Worthy play QB? or Roshon?  I prefer interceptions to sacks.  Sacks get QBs hurt.  Only a dumbfuck wants their QB taking shots. 

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So what is your solution? Have Worthy play QB? or Roshon?  I prefer interceptions to sacks.  Sacks get QBs hurt.  Only a dumbfuck wants their QB taking shots. 

Start Quinn, open up the playbook and put the ball in his hands, hell let him audible and run if it’s there. Play. To. Win. 
 If he is struggling, insert QB2 and keep the playbook open. If he struggles back to QB1. 

Sorry about that fingernail, other teams put their QB at risk to extend plays and sometimes carry the ball, while we play with one hand behind our back. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

On 11/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, Ghost of Shag said:

Man I’m not interested in a pissing match because I appreciate your posts. But seriously? This team is that good personnel wise?

This team doesn’t have one player who would start on defense for our championship teams. Not a single one.

DMO would 1000% start on the 05 team. 

11 hours ago, Hermanator said:

You just can’t compare teams like that.  Players on the ‘63  National Championship team thought Nobis  was strange because he lifted weights. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

As hard as it is to believe, Ewers is having a worse year this season than Thompson did last season. Hell, Ewers is having the worst season by a Texas qb since Swoopes in 2015. Hes playing like a true fish. Give him time and patience and hope he throws to more WRs than just Worthy the rest of the season

He doesn’t have much time if we want a Championship. 
Now is the future. We lose a bunch of good players soon.

• Fuck You 13

22 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

As hard as it is to believe, Ewers is having a worse year this season than Thompson did last season. Hell, Ewers is having the worst season by a Texas qb since Swoopes in 2015. Hes playing like a true fish. Give him time and patience and hope he throws to more WRs than just Worthy the rest of the season

Almost all of this is false…

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

You just can’t compare teams like that.  Players on the ‘63  National Championship team thought Nobis  was strange because he lifted weights. 

Some dude said no one on this defense would be in the two deep for any of our championship teams. I called him out for that ridiculous stupidity. That's all

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet