Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

Put me in the against column, hoping you'll STFU. QE looked to professionals all over college football like a fucking generational talent before and after he got hurt. Then he fell apart for a game and has struggled mightily since. The jury is still out.

not even close. outside of his one quarter against Alabama i struggle to recall Ewers looking even "great" (much less "a generational talent"), and in fact outside of that one quarter of football he's largely been just plain bad. the poor mechanics and erratic throws were there even in game one, and they've only been worse since he's returned from injury. this idea that he's some generational talent is based on high school rankings and hype from two years ago. that's dumb. right now quinn ewers makes bobby reid, ryan perriloux, and ron powlus look like vince young. his HS hype has nothing to do with anything here in late november of 2022.

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Limited sample size, but he looked much smoother in the pocket yesterday and stepping into his throws. His few hiccups came in the screen game when he was just trying to get the ball out as fast as possible.

And can barely hit the broadside of a barn the past month.

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

So he was at OSU for a year and now Texas for a year. How has his footwork and defensive film study not improved in that time span?

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

A couple of months? I thought he left HS a year early and enrolled at OSU and was there until he decided to go to Texas.

He left Southlake Carroll a few weeks before he was to start his senior football season because the UIL ruled he couldn't get NIL payments while playing TXHSFB. He immediately headed to Ohio State where he rode the bench as fourth-string QB behind CJ Stroud and two other 5-star QB's. Played a few snaps in mop-up late in the 2021 season and transferred to Texas last spring, I think.

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

For the loyal Ewers defenders saying the expectations are too high because he is a freshman/19 and the season at OSU should count for nothing, do y’all realize the expectations were set by Ewers? He left HS a year early so he could declare for the NFL draft a year early and catch an extra year of NIL money. Big money from Ohio State, then $1m+ in NIL from Texas. Can there be any better reasons for sky high expectations (or at least that he should be a top 5 freshman k. D1) than all that behavior on top of the 1.000 5 star rating?

he basically goes the bryce harper route and our fans are all, "now now, let's give him five years to develop before we expect him to look competent." the guy walks around with his "look at me" style, he's the face of the program, he's labeled and marketed as "QB1", but it's just so fucking unfair to hold him to the same standards we had for the likes of tyrone swoopes and case mccoy. dumb. 

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he basically goes the bryce harper route and our fans are all, "now now, let's give him five years to develop before we expect him to look competent." the guy walks around with his "look at me" style, he's the face of the program, he's labeled and marketed as "QB1", but it's just so fucking unfair to hold him to the same standards we had for the likes of tyrone swoopes and case mccoy. dumb. 

or maybe we could give him one year to develop.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

That's it. Now I am sure Quinn had sex with Derka's sister. 

33 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

or maybe we could give him one year to develop.

Nobody expects him to be a finished product at this point. I would expect the occasional, "OK, that's why he was a 1.000-rated QB recruit" moment and, quite frankly, he had none of those yesterday. There have been very little since OU.

All I've been saying for the past few weeks is that his performances do not indicate he's playing at the level of a starting Big 12 quarterback because he's either hurt, shell-shocked or just not good enough yet.

• Like 1

He left Southlake Carroll a few weeks before he was to start his senior football season because the UIL ruled he couldn't get NIL payments while playing TXHSFB. He immediately headed to Ohio State where he rode the bench as fourth-string QB behind CJ Stroud and two other 5-star QB's. Played a few snaps in mop-up late in the 2021 season and transferred to Texas last spring, I think.

Seems like he hits Worthy’s hands a few times. For drops.
  • Like 1

Leaving HS for Ohio State (against their advice) was a bad move for his development. He was hurt a good portion of his junior year in HS. We know he didn’t do anything that fall season at Ohio State. You can’t miss time like that. I agree with everyone who says he needs to bulk up. He does. He missed time this year too. It is concerning that his mechanics are off. Footwork. Largely because in all the scouting reports I have read on him the only real criticisms were demeanor and off platform throws. Not one said project or needs an overhaul of his mechanics. But Sark and company need to nip it in the bud whenever they see it. Sark has made mention in multiple pressers this year and preseason that Ewers needs to trust the coaching staff and what they are telling him. They also should not allow him to throw an entire game with shit mechanics and not look like they are talking to him or working with him on the sidelines. Or they should pull/bench him for a few series when that stuff pops up. Jmo. Happy Thanksgiving. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

my experience on this thread is hilarious, and telling. whenever i participate in this thread, i end up checking my notifications every 20 minutes or so, and it always goes like this:

Six people just gave you pos rep on your post about quinn ewers. Five people just quoted those same posts to angrily talk shit to/about you. 

what that tells me is that there's a whole bunch of people out there who are on the same page as me, they just don't have any desire to step into this hypersensitive echo chamber and take all of the angry, whiny responses to these fact based posts that don't blindly slurp UT's latest anointed golden boy. 

Lmao this fucking guy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

not even close. outside of his one quarter against Alabama i struggle to recall Ewers looking even "great" (much less "a generational talent"), and in fact outside of that one quarter of football he's largely been just plain bad. the poor mechanics and erratic throws were there even in game one, and they've only been worse since he's returned from injury. this idea that he's some generational talent is based on high school rankings and hype from two years ago. that's dumb. right now quinn ewers makes bobby reid, ryan perriloux, and ron powlus look like vince young. his HS hype has nothing to do with anything here in late november of 2022.

Capital letters exist man

3 hours ago, justhookit said:

Over the last 2 pages you have 15 posts, with a total of three positive reps one of which was from 6th street. Maybe you should have quit with the post that got the six pos reps.

I am just catching up with this thread and noticed Derka made a pretty insightful post about Ewers and I started to question my opinion on Derka. Then he went on to Derka the thread. lol

He needs to follow the George Costanza theory of leaving on a high note.

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I think the funniest point is that we somehow run a middle school offense.

did you watch the game yesterday? you can't have watched that game and be serious right now. again, that was the most simple, least qb-dependent offense i've ever seen us run at Texas. it was as if swoopes or heard was our starting qb. that you keep saying indefensible stuff like this while also going, "lol wow derka is such an idiot" is hilarious to me.

26 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lulz at that thing criticizing Ewers appearance 

i might be obese, but i don't go out of my way to make it look like i have zero self respect/don't take myself seriously at all. sporting a scraggly beard and a sloppy mullet like it's cool or funny is not a look that anyone can take seriously, especially when you're terrible at your position. you're the QB at Texas, and you're terrible. intentionally making yourself look like a clown is just a bad look.

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

An offense running for 400+ yards wasn’t QB dependent? Color me shocked.

that offensive game plan was formulated and put into place before we'd ever taken a single snap against Kansas. this was done so specifically because Ewers is a bad QB. we ran for 400+ yards because we stopped having quinn throw so damn much, and instead leaned on his much maligned teammates. 

your overt self assuredness that you're right while simultaneously giving the dumbest takes in this entire thread is hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i might be obese, but i don't go out of my way to make it look like i have zero self respect/don't take myself seriously at all. sporting a scraggly beard and a sloppy mullet like it's cool or funny is not a look that anyone can take seriously, especially when you're terrible at your position. you're the QB at Texas, and you're terrible. intentionally making yourself look like a clown is just a bad look.

It’s an accident then?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Out of all the various criticisms of QE in this thread, the "his face looks too bloated for him to be a good QB" is the weirdest.  Especially coming from posters whose average BMI is 40 and have 32% body fat.  I guarantee that the average surly poster is one sausage behind Ketch.

Two sausages for me and for body shaming me after a UT win...

See the source image

• Haha 1

according to this thread, the o line sucks, the wr's are sleeper cells sent to sabotage quinn ewers, and the coaching staff is incompetent. last night our incompetent coaching staff implemented a game plan to hide our hero QB, and opted instead to repeatedly run behind our terrible o line, and we had our best game since OU on the way to scoring 55 points. this thread's reaction? 

you guys wouldn't have to whine about me dominating these threads if you'd all just stop saying such indefensibly stupid shit. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

Seriously though did QE fuck your mom or something? Jesus dude calm down with the Jihad.

Yes he’s been awful. He’s also 19 playing his first year of college ball after missing his senior HS year. Was that apparently a bad idea? Seems like it. Is his footwork terrible? Yep. Can it all be fixed? I don’t know maybe let’s wait and see. If he comes out next season with shit mechanics throwing lame ducks I’ll be right here with you guys but man some of you guys just look unhinged right now. 

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

That was a good one man, I love your schtick

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Drake Maye at UNC has 34 TDs and 3 INTs as a freshman with a 69% completion percentage. Miles ahead of Ewers who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

*Redshirt that got to sit and learn a system that he would take over the following year. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

where was this opinion during the three straight pages of Xavier Worthy zapruder films and blurry bigfoot pics? oh those posts align with your views and therefore droning on and on about the same thing isn't an issue? got it. 

You really cannot tell the difference can you?  It is one thing to have a discussion, which we had earlier in the week, there were a few of us who thought while Quinn wasn't playing well, he certainly was not getting helped out by his coach and the WRs had stone hands.   There was some discussion if some of the blame should have been directed to the WR room, in particular to Worthy who is getting a lot of targets but not coming up with much.   The conversation included a discussion of his work ethic, his being put into the wrong position, and dismay at his performance given what we have seen from him in the past.  The analysis of one play, in particular, was a discussion in which one poster had a wrong impression of the facts and ultimately another poster put in the effort to show some screen captures supporting the disappointed in Worthy side.   Then you showed up.  And here you are again with opinions and terrible communication skills.    

Your point is to blame Ewers and make reactive posts that do not demonstrate much in site or thought.   You accuse people of jizzing on themselves because we were excited to get a highly sought-after recruit.   Of course, we were excited.   Guess what, I still have faith in him.  You obviously do not.   I could be wrong.  I am willing to accept that.  You?  

You could say, "well Nivek, in the Fuck the B12 Refs thread you complain about the B12 refs and say they suck over and over in new and not-so-creative ways" and you would be correct.  That is a venting thread.  Can you tell the difference? 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet