Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

50 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I talked to an Ex today who knows Quinn's dad, Curtis. Word is, QE isn't getting coached up at all during games by Sark or anyone else. QE doesn't talk to anyone in the booth on the headset, either. If true, this is pretty disheartening. 

Isn't Sark supposed to be the "QB whisperer"? I mean, WTF?

FBF76D58-2B1B-4C9D-94C1-66CBDAD2FBBB.thumb.jpeg.9ae9c318b629f1dce1b714a4d8cf0f5f.jpeg

Ewers: what type of scheme are we going run to try and beat this coverage? 

Coach: idk man, but in section 3, 8 rows up there is a dime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I talked to an Ex today who knows Quinn's dad, Curtis. Word is, QE isn't getting coached up at all during games by Sark or anyone else. QE doesn't talk to anyone in the booth on the headset, either. If true, this is pretty disheartening. 

They have shown Quinn on the phone for extended periods of time during the game. Idk but that info sounds suspect. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t doubt that Sarkisian probably isn’t going over to the bench to review coverages with him after every drive. He’s the head coach and has a game to manage. But the notion Ewers just comes off the field, twiddles his thumbs and then goes back out the next offensive possession is laughable.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

This is what the hipster marketing people refer to as "messaging."  Once it's out in the ether, then it becomes the conversation.  It's a precursor to deflecting blame from the party boy freshman who is too busy making money and banging broads to work at the thing he is being paid to do. 

(Sidebar:  This does not absolve the coaching staff for being shitty.  It's just that when you have a shitty coaching staff and a player that thinks life owes him a blowjob, then you get our current situation.)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Well that’s what Quinn allegedly told his dad who allegedly to the ex boyfriend of some anonymous internet board asshole… so yeah… I think he’s pretty serious.  Seems legit. 

You're welcome to call QE's dad an asshole, if you'd like. Perhaps he's being disingenuous? IDK what to believe, based on QE's performances thus far.

The outcome isn't always indicative of the process.

People have been tiptoeing around Quinn's lack of work ethic since spring camp. He's even mentioned his insufficient practice habits on a couple of occasions. 

Maybe he'll learn and at least work hard enough to be above average next year. Ideally, he would work his ass off and come closer to his potential while he's a longhorn.

Either way, the guy coming in next year won't likely have the same issue. So we will see how things go.

Sark needs to figure out how to make the most of what Quinn does well, then build from there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The outcome isn't always indicative of the process.

People have been tiptoeing around Quinn's lack of work ethic since spring camp. He's even mentioned his insufficient practice habits on a couple of occasions. 

Maybe he'll learn and at least work hard enough to be above average next year. Ideally, he would work his ass off and come closer to his potential while he's a longhorn.

Either way, the guy coming in next year won't likely have the same issue. So we will see how things go.

Sark needs to figure out how to make the most of what Quinn does well, then build from there.

I’ve been wondering about that and curious if there were grumblings. Dude has definitely never lifted a weight and I recall him saying he needed to practice harder.

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

The disheartening part is the head coach continuing to have blind loyalty, or whatever you want to call it, to an underachieving QB who continues to drown in his lack of preparation, dedication and execution of his craft. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

The disheartening part is the head coach continuing to have blind loyalty, or whatever you want to call it, to an underachieving QB who continues to drown in his lack of preparation, dedication and execution of his craft. 

A lot of money was invested in him to get him here.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

True, maybe daddy is trying to deflect blame for QE's inadequacy. 

GTFOH with this “ex” bullshit. What kind of pussyfuck even uses that term?

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

I don’t believe that. In addition I’m sure QE has been coached to not sail balls, to go through his progressions, to set his feet etc etc ad nauseum. 
He’s struggling and frankly his dad should be appreciative that Sark hasn’t yanked him as his on field performance has been poor. 
Looking forward to the leak a la Aaron Rogers style that he’s secretly been playing with a broken thumb Or some such. 
The kid is struggling and it sounds like the dad is looking for someone to blame. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Don’t take it wrong, but I don’t believe this..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

Don’t take it wrong, but I don’t believe this..

Believe whatever you wish.

QE's dad may be making excuses or maybe Sark isn't the "quarterback whisperer" he's made out to be. My guess is the truth lies somewhere in between. Just passing along what was said in another conversation.

I do agree QE should've been benched in the TCU game shortly after he assumed the fetal position on an A gap blitz.

38 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Believe whatever you wish.

QE's dad may be making excuses or maybe Sark isn't the "quarterback whisperer" he's made out to be. My guess is the truth lies somewhere in between. Just passing along what was said in another conversation.

I do agree QE should've been benched in the TCU game shortly after he assumed the fetal position on an A gap blitz.

Well, Derka used to pull this same insider shit like this when his mom worked in the cafeteria. I didn’t believe that bullshit either.

• Fuck You 1

22 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

who are you gonna believe, Sark's lengthy track record of producing great QBs from Matt Leinart to Mac Jones, or the dad of the former no.1 recruit who suddenly sucks at playing qb? 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t doubt that Sarkisian probably isn’t going over to the bench to review coverages with him after every drive. He’s the head coach and has a game to manage. But the notion Ewers just comes off the field, twiddles his thumbs and then goes back out the next offensive possession is laughable.

Yes. The complaint maybe that SARK isn’t coaching him up during the game and he is just getting instruction from Milwee. That is different than no coaching 

While he was injured, Quinn’s camp was also telling 9.95ers about how the game had slowed down so much for him during the Bama game. Pretty hilarious in hindsight now that he’s been exposed by average defenses. 

I heard from my buddy’s ex’s friend that Quinn farts in Folgers cans and ships them home overnight so his inner circle can huff them over FaceTime.

• Haha 2

The Freshman Colt comparison that was flying around a week or two ago is now a bad take, IMO. RS Freshman Colt made bad reads, had trouble adapting to the speed of the game, and overall just showed his youth. But he was a vocal leader with good body language who showed he wasn’t scared of the challenge. 

Ewers is making bad reads because he seems rattled out there and there’s no fire or focus afterward. I want the kid to succeed but it seems like if there’s any adversity involved, he’s not going to be the one to put the team on his back. 

22 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Ewers is making bad reads because he seems rattled out there and there’s no fire or focus afterward. I want the kid to succeed but it seems like if there’s any adversity involved, he’s not going to be the one to put the team on his back. 

It’s hard not to notice Ewers’ bad body language and lack of apparent rapport with teammates. He brings the Jeff George comparisons with his arm, you just hope he doesn’t emulate the ‘aloof, arrogant ass that teammates hate’ part.

17 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Maybe it’s just me….ball placement is terrific today. The fire and frustration I’m happy to see. Don’t show up your teammates but give me passion. 

He’s personally responsible for 8 of Baylor’s points. I wish he were as passionate about his own godawful play as his teammates mistakes.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet