Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Derka, dude

He was 12 of 16 today for 194 yards.  He had some brain farts under some intense pressure.  He wasn't any worse overall than Shapen (who won the fucking Big 12 championship last year and for at least the first 3 quarters today had time to bake cookies back there and yet went 18/36 with 2 TDs and a pick)

It's not obvious what book is going to be written at all.  Anybody saying one way or another at this point (including you) is just using the Internet "I'll shout the loudest and see if it that's enough to win the argument" gambit.

i'm not talking about where QE will end up in the future, im talking about who he is as a qb now, today. same as i have been all season. now would you like to go back and see how many people talked personal shit to me in this thread, all because i've been 100% rightly and correctly pointing out how terrible QE is? IS, as in present tense, as in right now? ive been shit talked up and down this thread for an opinion that is now irrefutably correct, and now i'm supposed to just shut up and give QE a cookie because he....what did he do again? oh that's right, he's been given a middle school level offensive player lol and he's still out here scoring for the other team. yeah, i think i'll pass on being graceful right now.

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

I’m talking shit to people claiming he’s a cocky front runner because they aren’t happy with his play. I never once said he’s played well. You’re just being an obsessive wind bag for the 11 billionth time. 

if you've never once said he's played well, then why do you have 80 posts in this thread arguing with all of the people who are saying that he hasn't been playing well?

• Fuck You 1

the hype surrounding my mere presence in these threads far exceeds anything that i actually say. you guys bend over backwards to make my presence and my posts controversial, and then you somehow get mad at me for it. i won't even pretend like i can stop you from doing it, but i'll continue to point it out each time it happens.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’ve been shitting on Quinn all thread. No one has attacked me. Weird. 

Oh well, life is full of mysteries 

i honestly don't know what point you're trying to make, but if your point is that people go out of their way to freak out about every post i make then i 100% agree. because as you just said, i haven't said or done anything in this thread that hasn't been said or done by plenty of other people- my posts just get a different reaction from the peanut gallery.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Fuck You 1

the hype surrounding my mere presence in these threads far exceeds anything that i actually say. you guys bend over backwards to make my presence and my posts controversial, and then you somehow get mad at me for it. i won't even pretend like i can stop you from doing it, but i'll continue to point it out each time it happens.

Why don’t you start a new username and see how long it takes for people to figure out who you are?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, kevwun said:

I think he's gonna have his hands full beating out Arch next year.

we don't want Arch to play next year. the plan has always been for QE to be our starter next year while Arch redshirts. it's what we want, and it's what the Mannings wants. Quinn's epic suckitude as a QB is throwing a monkey wrench into these plans. i don't care if we have to go the portal again next year, Arch cannot be in line to be playing for us. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Why don’t you start a new username and see how long it takes for people to figure out who you are?

because i have never had a desire to hide who i am? because it wouldn't change anything? because i'm not responsible for other grown ass adults behave? is that enough reasons?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Brady is my favorite player and the GOAT but lets be fair.  He misses plenty.  He also is good for 1-2 WTF passes a game that usually lead to a pick.  He makes up for it of course but even the best screws up.  Brady always looked horrible when his O line sucked something I think Ewers is dealing with also.  Ewers messed up plenty so it’s not all on his line but some of his worst plays were when he got jailbreak pressure on him within like a second.  Maybe that is on him to read the D pre snap and know where the blitz is coming from and have a check down but some of those bad plays were not all on him.

Brady. Hmm.  6 super bowl wins and the goat.  Quinn is regarded as someone who is either lazy or a slow learner and apparently was clearly outplayed by Hudson card in the preseason

Quinn definitely had some brain freeze moments today. I'll give credit to Sark that he didn't keep trying to pound a round peg into a square hole and shifted play into manageable situations and of course, had one of the best running back tandems in the country take over the game. But yea for second half adjustments. I couldn't believe my eyes. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lmao here we go again. What a chode. 

we're supposed to be in here talking about football, and in the last couple of pages you've watched a video of me and referred to me as "that thing", and now you're in here talking personal shit to me again, calling me a chode.

how do you people reconcile this behavior? you act like an asshole, you personally insult me while i never do the same in return, you derail the thread every time you see me make an honest post, and then you and the entire gang of people just like you all convince yourselves that i'm the asshole, that i'm the problem. it's amazing, the mental gymnastics required to do this, and yet like clockwork it happens over and over again. it's wild.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

we don't want Arch to play next year. the plan has always been for QE to be our starter next year while Arch redshirts. it's what we want, and it's what the Mannings wants. Quinn's epic suckitude as a QB is throwing a monkey wrench into these plans. i don't care if we have to go the portal again next year, Arch cannot be in line to be playing for us. 

Next year we have our choice of Quinn, Arch, or Malik.

I'll ride with the winner, no problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, shadow_operative said:

we're supposed to be in here talking about football, and in the last couple of pages you've watched a video of me and referred to me as "that thing", and now you're in here talking personal shit to me again, calling me a chode.

how do you people reconcile this behavior? you act like an asshole, you personally insult me while i never do the same in return, you derail the thread every time you see me make an honest post, and then you and the entire gang of people just like you all convince yourselves that i'm the asshole, that i'm the problem. it's amazing, the mental gymnastics required to do this, and yet like clockwork it happens over and over again. it's wild.

quotes for truth. a bunch of you need to read this over and over until it sinks in. im not doing anything to you or to this thread. you're an adult who is responsible for his own behavior. grow up. 

• Fuck You 1

Quinn is 6-2 as a starter this year, throw out Bama for him or Card.

Caleb Williams last year....giving him the Texas game.  6-2 as a starter with I think what we would all agree was a more complete offense (and especially OLine) around hiim.  That guy is winning the Heisman more than likely this year.

It's not all been lollipops and sunshine, but it's not some debacle of horrific results for a freshman.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Quinn definitely had some brain freeze moments today. I'll give credit to Sark that he didn't keep trying to pound a round peg into a square hole and shifted play into manageable situations and of course, had one of the best running back tandems in the country take over the game. But yea for second half adjustments. I couldn't believe my eyes. 

We finished the game with 20+ runs.  That had to have been embarrassing for Quinn 

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Normally I would agree, but with a solid oline it's doable especially if he has the Manning brains which by all accounts he does.

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Lol your first post in here last page was to talk shit to people who disagree with you. You bring it upon yourself, stop playing the victim.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

because i have never had a desire to hide who i am? because it wouldn't change anything? because i'm not responsible for other grown ass adults behave? is that enough reasons?

Hey man, at some point within the last 2-3 years (at least in my head), you said that you’ve never owned a laptop/PC, and that everything you’ve ever posted between here, TOS, HornFans, etc, was all on your phone. Is that still the case? That’s fucking impressive man….

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Hey man, at some point within the last 2-3 years (at least in my head), you said that you’ve never owned a laptop/PC, and that everything you’ve ever posted between here, TOS, HornFans, etc, was all on your phone. Is that still the case? That’s fucking impressive man….

yep, still no computer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Quinn will hopefully have a better OL next year, but his running game will probably take a step back. He needs to play smarter. He needs more confidence. Stop shitting the bed doing dumb shit. His arm is there, and he can make the short and intermediate throws. He just needs to hit deep throws. Maybe a portal WR will help. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol your first post in here last page was to talk shit to people who disagree with you. You bring it upon yourself, stop playing the victim.

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

there's no argument to be made that quinn ewers is even a competent QB, and yet some of his supporters are still in here arguing and talking shit. THAT is peak surly. buncha homer sunshine pumpers who have no idea what they're watching just run their mouths and talk shit all season to anyone who points out how poor ewers has been, and now that we're behind the point of even being able to defend him, instead of just quietly slinking away and hoping the rest of us forget your earlier posts you all are still in here running your mouths, talking shit, and arguing. it's amazing.

you think that THAT ^^^ is the same thing as you and others personally talking shit to me for my football takes? you think that you getting called out for being an incendiary shit talker is the same thing as you, in fact, being an incendiary shit talker? lol i'm sure you do.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you think that THAT ^^^ is the same thing as you and others personally talking shit to me for my football takes? you think that you getting called out for being an incendiary shit talker is the same thing as you, in fact, being an incendiary shit talker? lol i'm sure you do.

Yea Derka...it is.  It's a callout post. You know I like you dude, but yea...that's what it is.  You don't have to name names to call people out and you brought it pretty damn strong with suggestions they should slink away and shit talk like that.  

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea Derka...it is.  It's a callout post. You know I like you dude, but yea...that's what it is.  You don't have to name names to call people out and you brought it pretty damn strong with suggestions they should slink away and shit talk like that.  

so, all thread long a cadre of posters talk MAD, personal shit to me because i said that QE isn't good at QB, and you, and everyone else here has zero comment. then, at the very end of the season, with some of them still in here talking shit to people, i make one post calling them out for it and suddenly that's a huge problem? yeah. i'm pretty sick of that dynamic.

but thank you for making my point. it isn't what i do or say, it's that it's me who is doing/saying it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, shadow_operative said:

so, all thread long a cadre of posters talk MAD, personal shit to me because i said that QE isn't good at QB, and you, and everyone else here has zero comment. then, at the very end of the season, with some of them still in here talking shit to people, i make one post calling them out for it and suddenly that's a huge problem?

thank you for making my point. it isn't what i do or say, it's that it's me who is doing/saying it.

Tip, by using inclusive language you called out everybody.  If you had opened your post with "hey Hank Hill you fucking bitch Ewers fucking sucks, slink away" you wouldn't have drawn the ire of so many folks.  You tend to talk shit broadly, and yea you have a history so don't be surprised when you talk shit broadly and get it back....broadly.  

At least you make people passionate, you could be some dude here just posting tweets that nobody gives a fuck about.  Better to draw ire than apathy.  

You think Ewers sucks, we got it.  

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Quinn will hopefully have a better OL next year, but his running game will probably take a step back. He needs to play smarter. He needs more confidence. Stop shitting the bed doing dumb shit. His arm is there, and he can make the short and intermediate throws. He just needs to hit deep throws. Maybe a portal WR will help. 

I still think the RB’s will be above average next year.

the depressing part about his play was that there are plenty of receivers open. Sark is doing a fairly good job calling plays for him to be successful but he continues to force low percentage deep balls or overthrow/underthrow WIDE open receivers. Whittington’s draft stock suffered more than anyone’s due to his inability to accurately throw a ball within 10 yards of the LOS.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Eastwood said:

The Freshman Colt comparison that was flying around a week or two ago is now a bad take, IMO. RS Freshman Colt made bad reads, had trouble adapting to the speed of the game, and overall just showed his youth. But he was a vocal leader with good body language who showed he wasn’t scared of the challenge. 

Ewers is making bad reads because he seems rattled out there and there’s no fire or focus afterward. I want the kid to succeed but it seems like if there’s any adversity involved, he’s not going to be the one to put the team on his back. 

Freshmen Colt also had a National Championship OL blocking for him. Ewers had Jake "Fake Snap" Majors and Hayden "Leaving Early" Conner blocking for him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet