Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

and i never said that sam was bad. i said that he was erratic and that all of you overrated him, which remains 100% true. quinn is bad. quinn is straight up no good at playing QB at the level that's demanded by Texas. other than arm talent, he's a 1* prospect across the board, and he needs a metric shit ton of improvement before he becomes good enough to lead this team. he's the worst starter on the team, and if he weren't a former 5*, #1 overall, 1.000 recruit then this entire board would be lighting their hair on fire trying to figure out why he wasn't benched a month ago. 

You said Sam was JV level, not worthy of being a D1 starter, would not finish his collegiate career at Texas and the reason we should stop recruiting from Westlake. But sure…that’s the same as saying he’s not bad, just erratic. Jesus Christ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

and i never said that sam was bad. i said that he was erratic and that all of you overrated him, which remains 100% true. quinn is bad. quinn is straight up no good at playing QB at the level that's demanded by Texas. other than arm talent, he's a 1* prospect across the board, and he needs a metric shit ton of improvement before he becomes good enough to lead this team. he's the worst starter on the team, and if he weren't a former 5*, #1 overall, 1.000 recruit then this entire board would be lighting their hair on fire trying to figure out why he wasn't benched a month ago. 

I think you might regret this post.  Maybe not.  But maybe.  I hope somebody who is more savvy than I, with a few more nimble brain cells given my advancing age, can figure out how to archive this and then pull it out should Quinn prove you wrong, because holy shit you are one specific motherfucker (who should refrain from crystal balling).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Henry Hill said:

You said Sam was JV level, not worthy of being a D1 starter, would not finish his collegiate career at Texas and the reason we should stop recruiting from Westlake. But sure…that’s the same as saying he’s not bad, just erratic. Jesus Christ.

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good story man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy fuck, Derka.  Yeah.  Besides arm talent, which totally doesn’t matter, Quinn ewers is a 1 star prospect at this point.  Definitely.

This board is going to drag its nutsack across your stupidass forehead in a way that makes the “mistreatment” you drew from from your incessant grandstanding, bitchass Sam critiques look like child’s play.

You bring it on your self dude.

• Hook 'Em 2

So tell me what it’s like being a cunt….does it actually smell like pussy everywhere you go?
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good story man.

LOL. don't let a good story get the way of the truth. when sam was a senior in HS i did say that i didn't see him beating out buchele and that i thought he'd end up transferring. you got that one point right. everything else you just made up. 

lol oh yeah, immamac you're just now reminding me that on your inaugural podcast you completely made up a story about me acting like an asshole in public that was 100% false. so yeah, you're the absolute last one to be talking about mixing stories and truth.

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Different plays. I am talking about the safety. You are talking about the fumble. Yes, Texas kept in 7 on the fumble play. Karic got whipped on that play 

On the safety the edge came in unblocked on the right. Rojo was there to deal with the extra man but was looking inside and never saw him. Guy was completely untouched. Completely. I ran a stopwatch 3 times and came up with roughly 1.7 seconds from the time he caught the snap until he threw it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Holy fuck, Derka.  Yeah.  Besides arm talent, which totally doesn’t matter, Quinn ewers is a 1 star prospect at this point.  Definitely.

This board is going to drag its nutsack across your stupidass forehead in a way that makes the “mistreatment” you drew from from your incessant grandstanding, bitchass Sam critiques look like child’s play.

You bring it on your self dude.

his mechanics, his ability to learn the offense, his ability to read defenses, his decision making, his footwork- all terrible. so yeah, other than his arm talent, he's pretty terrible across the board. which again, if he weren't a former stud recruit, nobody in here would be vouching for him.  

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

On the safety the edge came in unblocked on the right. Rojo was there to deal with the extra man but was looking inside and never saw him. Guy was completely untouched. Completely. I ran a stopwatch 3 times and came up with roughly 1.7 seconds from the time he caught the snap until he threw it. 

People have been shitting on @Thatguybut who else on this board is grinding their ass off and busting out the stop watch?  Respect.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think you might regret this post.  Maybe not.  But maybe.  I hope somebody who is more savvy than I, with a few more nimble brain cells given my advancing age, can figure out how to archive this and then pull it out should Quinn prove you wrong, because holy shit you are one specific motherfucker (who should refrain from crystal balling).

the entire premise of this post makes no sense. quinn could win two heisman trophies and that will have done nothing to disprove anything from my post. any future success ghat quinn has will be because he has vastly improved as a QB. hes not a good qb today. he was not a good qb yesterday. he has not been a good qb this year. he needs to improve across the board as a QB before he's on the level to lead this team. that's a fact today, and it'll be a fact 1,000 years from now. 

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

People have been shitting on @Thatguybut who else on this board is grinding their ass off and busting out the stop watch?  Respect.

Hahahaha...

I don't like to say things off the cuff without looking into it. We all get all mad at something then go back and look at it and realize it wasn't what we remembered. I got pissed on the safety play but then when you see that the guy was on him in 2 seconds it makes sense that he panicked. I would. He threw it away that fast and still got hit. Lol

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the entire premise of this post makes no sense. quinn could win two heisman trophies and that will have done nothing to disprove anything from my post. any future success ghat quinn has will be because he has vastly improved as a QB. he sucks today. he sucked yeaterday. he has sucked all year. he needs to improve across the board as a QB before he's on the level to lead this team. that's a fact today, and it'll be a fact 1,000 years from now. 

Yikes.  Step back from the keyboard.  Maybe one day you'll tire of being the surly whipping boy, but not until you grow the fuck up and learn that you bring all of this on yourself.

(I say this with zero expectation it will happen.  What are you, in your mid-30s now?)

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Rage+1 1

the entire premise of this post makes no sense. quinn could win two heisman trophies and that will have done nothing to disprove anything from my post. any future success ghat quinn has will be because he has vastly improved as a QB. hes not a good qb today. he was not a good qb yesterday. he has not been a good qb this year. he needs to improve across the board as a QB before he's on the level to lead this team. that's a fact today, and it'll be a fact 1,000 years from now. 

Quinn would be fine with a solid line in front of him. Relax. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yikes.  Step back from the keyboard.  Maybe one day you'll tired of being the surly whipping boy, but not until you grow the fuck up and learn that you bring all of this on yourself.

??? what a weird response. i guess if you can't refute what i've said you'll just resort to this cop out? thats weird.

edit: also lol at the idea that i need to take a step back from the keyboard when it's you who's losing his shit. that's rich.

• Fuck You 1

??? what a weird response. i guess if you can't refute what i've said you'll just resort to this cop out? thats weird.

It's not a weird response at all.  You've already freaked out after being called out over your early Sam prognostications.  You simply go overboard, time and again.

I don't think Quinn has lived up to the hype.  I also think you are fucking clueless when it comes to evaluating college football players, and QBs in particular.  

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not a weird response at all.  You've already freaked out after being called out over your early Sam prognostications.  You simply go overboard, time and again.

I don't think Quinn has lived up to the hype.  I also think you are fucking clueless when it comes to evaluating college football players, and QBs in particular.  

where did i freak out over sam? seriously, show me. quote me freaking out, because i have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. 

also, i was right about Sam lol. so, the idea that i would be upset about "being disproven" about him is just another weird, puzzling response from you. sam was erratic and a huge portion of y'all overrated him. that's the crux of what i said about him. it's true. what's to debate? and why are so many of you still so hung up on that? 

so weird how you guys obsessively cling to these arguments and get all combative about it and then project your own hypersensitive feelings onto me. so weird.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

where did i freak out over sam? seriously, show me. quote me freaking out, because i have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. 

also, i was right about Sam lol. so, the idea that i would be upset about "being disproven" about him is just another weird, puzzling response from you. sam was erratic and a huge portion of y'all overrated him. that's the crux of what i said about him. it's true. what's to debate? and why are so many of you still so hung up on that? 

so weird how you guys obsessively cling to these arguments and get all combative about it and then project your own hypersensitive feelings onto me. so weird.

Are you high?

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i don't hate either guy and have never rooted against either one. i don't get my emotions wrapped up in these kids the way so many of y'all do. it's the same reason that so many of you equate being critical of someone with hating him- because that's how you operate. you can't even conceive that someone could be critical of a player while still rooting for him and hoping he improves.

if you actually look at both this thread and the sam one you'll see that i've never gone and bumped either thread whenever one of these guys had a bad day to gloat about how much he sucks. again- im not nearly invested enough to do that (meanwhile i cannot count how many times my name gets brought up one whenever one of them does well). all i generally do is respond to other people's posts, and post my own thoughts and feelings honestly. only my thoughts and feelings hurt your feelings, so you spaz about it and make it out to be something that it's not.

@jimmyjazz this is what you call freaking out? this is why i need to step away from the keyboard? 

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It is amazing how many Derka posts in the shag and surly start with "show me where I freaked out". I swear, it is like every thread he posts in. 

actually 98% of the threads that i post in are in the hoops, baseball, and soccer forums, and 98% of those posts go by without a hitch, same as anyone else. it's really mostly when i venture into the football forum and then don't blindly slurp the star boy qb that people around tend to lose their minds and derka up the threads. 

also LMAO at jimmy's posting on this page. that shit is too funny.  "i don't hate sam or quinn and i've never rooted against either one." "ZOMFG Derka is a danger to himself and others, i'll be praying for him." lol okie dokie!

Derka I generally enjoy your takes on the basketball board but you're mistaken if you think you're being called out on the football board because you're criticizing Quinn. The past 6 weeks has been nothing but Quinn getting crucified by this idiotic fanbase. I wouldn't take the pushback personally. I'd say about 60% of the posts since okie state are critical of Quinn, while the other 40% simply want to see him murdered. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

You're an expert at misremembering what you've said so I'm going to help you out:

image.thumb.png.6e5850e24c8b8bad0f1f50e6785aad92.png

Sam didn't throw for 5,000 yards. He threw for 11,000.

image.thumb.png.db699a53549d0c8863e431d0daeb0ec6.png

Not the greatest deep ball we've ever seen but am pretty confident there aren't any JV quarterbacks starting games in the NFL.

image.thumb.png.6069f90d916d2aa7d65bfe9fc15196e0.png

image.thumb.png.5fb22cfcf074a63e5be9d632cb960b26.png

image.thumb.png.86aeb8202c44b0ec7875d28cd3935684.png

image.thumb.png.baa1b56a66e2584187119a63da41a412.png

image.thumb.png.e7632ca1abb8c31998e3612ba8e4a003.png

So you never said he was bad? Just erratic? 

Is it strange these comments are making me more excited that Ewers could become good?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

You're an expert at misremembering what you've said so I'm going to help you out:

image.thumb.png.6e5850e24c8b8bad0f1f50e6785aad92.png

Sam didn't throw for 5,000 yards. He threw for 11,000.

image.thumb.png.db699a53549d0c8863e431d0daeb0ec6.png

Not the greatest deep ball we've ever seen but am pretty confident there aren't any JV quarterbacks starting games in the NFL.

image.thumb.png.6069f90d916d2aa7d65bfe9fc15196e0.png

image.thumb.png.5fb22cfcf074a63e5be9d632cb960b26.png

image.thumb.png.86aeb8202c44b0ec7875d28cd3935684.png

image.thumb.png.baa1b56a66e2584187119a63da41a412.png

image.thumb.png.e7632ca1abb8c31998e3612ba8e4a003.png

So you never said he was bad? Just erratic? 

well, you got me. apparently i did say he was bad five years ago (tbf he wasn't very good at the time, so 🤷🏼‍♂️) and had forgotten about it since then. but uh, i gotta say, i don't read those screenshots from 2018 and think, "wow, look at all of that hatred and vitriol! that's worth obsessing over for the next five years!" the stuff that i said about sam in those screenshots was largely accurate, especially at the time. but yeah, i said he was bad. you got me there.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Freshman passing stats:

Sam Ehlinger:  0.57%, 12.1 ypc, 11 TD, 7 INT, 212.8 ypg

Quinn Ewers:  0.57%, 12.8 ypc, 14 TD, 6 INT, 200.9 ypg

Yeah, Quinn has no upside.

There’s a sect of surly that will try to convince you that because Sam had some rushing TDs his passing stats that year aren’t comparable. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

his mechanics, his ability to learn the offense, his ability to read defenses, his decision making, his footwork- all terrible. so yeah, other than his arm talent, he's pretty terrible across the board. which again, if he weren't a former stud recruit, nobody in here would be vouching for him.  

VY flashbacks reading this…..Quinn to WR?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

VY flashbacks reading this…..Quinn to WR?

VY was 6'4" - 6'5", ran like a deer, and was better than QE in every way as a freshman. also, several people have brought up VY's throwing motion whenever someone is critical of QE's mechanics, but there was never actually anything wrong with VY's throwing motion, as he kept it the same throughout his career. 

look i hope Quinn makes every stride possible and becomes some amazing UT legend, but you're straight up loving in denial of you can't admit that he needs serious work across the board before he's ready to be the QB at Texas. this should not be even an remotely controversial take.

On 11/22/2022 at 2:58 PM, shadow_operative said:

our O line will be so much better next year, we will have lots of good RBs, we will have JT Sanders, Xavier Worthy, and likely a portal guy or two at WR as well. even though we lose Bijan we should be much better on offense if quinn can improve and be a different player next year. he's got talent that he's lived off of his entire life. if he can now go learn how to play QB at a high level then next year could be a totally different story. 

bumping this because apparently i need to do that to remind people that i don't hate quinn and that i've never written him off. he's not good right now, but i really hope he gets better, and he should have a lot more help next year. if he dedicates himself to becoming a more polished qb this offseason then the sky is the limit for him and this offense next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

VY was 6'4" - 6'5", ran like a deer, and was better than QE in every way as a freshman. also, several people have brought up VY's throwing motion whenever someone is critical of QE's mechanics, but there was never actually anything wrong with VY's throwing motion, as he kept it the same throughout his career. 

look i hope Quinn makes every stride possible and becomes some amazing UT legend, but you're straight up loving in denial of you can't admit that he needs serious work across the board before he's ready to be the QB at Texas. this should not be even an remotely controversial take.

It’s a joke. Quinn needs work across the board, like every other freshman at every position, even Superman.  The good news is he has the tools. We will find out how bad he wants it.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet