Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

i remember when QE first committed to Texas. it was years ago, and iirc it was during/after his sophomore year at SLC. i don't follow recruiting at all, but i vividly remember how everyone was just dreaming themselves over the commitment. this kid was the next great HOF QB, can't-miss prospect, generational talent, gonna-win-three-heismans guy, and Texas fans should start making plans for the playoffs every year. it was as if God had come down from heaven and impregnated a virgin with the Jesus Christ of college football in her belly. 

now here we are today, after this guy had a redshirt year and then transferred to Texas where we supposedly have the QB Whisperer, and The Chosen One has about a thousand obvious holes in his game and is wrapping up an underwhelming debut season where he was downright awful for entire games, and suddenly it's unfair to hold him to a higher standard than anyone else. suddenly we're comparing him to freshman Sam Ehlinger, as if QE having a similar freshman season to the one sam had is some great success. that makes sense to y'all?

yeah. i think football fans just might be too fanatical for me to ever understand. you prop a guy up to be the greatest thing ever, and then when he's bad you get all angry and defensive about people who are critical of him. you can't have it both ways.

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Manning and Palmer were similar recruits. You can bet they would have gotten a ton of NIL money also. Fact that Ewers got paid doesn’t change his experience level. It is irrelevant. NIL is new and there is going to be a whole bunch of kids that get 7 figures and never live up to it. That isn’t on them, that is on overzealous boosters/businessmen 

comparing this modern era of NIL deals for kids who've been training professionally since they were 7 years old to the days of peyton manning and carson palmer might the most disingenuous argument of this entire thread. that is not a legit comparison in any way.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

i remember when QE first committed to Texas. it was years ago, and iirc it was during/after his sophomore year at SLC. i don't follow recruiting at all, but i vividly remember how everyone was just dreaming themselves over the commitment. this kid was the next great HOF QB, can't-miss prospect, generational talent, gonna-win-three-heismans guy, and Texas fans should start making plans for the playoffs every year. it was as if God had come down from heaven and impregnated a virgin with the Jesus Christ of college football in her belly. 

now here we are today, after this guy had a redshirt year and then transferred to Texas where we supposedly have the QB Whisperer, and The Chosen One has about a thousand obvious holes in his game and is wrapping up an underwhelming debut season where he was downright awful for entire games, and suddenly it's unfair to hold him to a higher standard than anyone else. suddenly we're comparing him to freshman Sam Ehlinger, as if QE having a similar freshman season to the one sam had is some great success. that makes sense to y'all?

yeah. i think football fans just might be too fanatical for me to ever understand. you prop a guy up to be the greatest thing ever, and then when he's bad you get all angry and defensive about people who are critical of him. you can't have it both ways.

That last paragraph isn’t happening though man. Nobody is saying he shouldn’t be criticized and. I dog is saying this is the standard we should be happy for at QB play at UT. Some (fewer than those criticizing) are saying that this is actually statistically just fine for a debut season, certainly doesn’t portend doom and gloom, and if he puts in the work to get better all of those hopes and dreams people had for him are still out there waiting to be seized. 
My expectations for his year were higher than his performance. Then, I went back and checked to see if it was because his performance was worse than it should have been or that my expectations were higher than they should have been and literally every piece of data pointed to my expectations being too high not Quinn being too bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nobody is saying it’s unfair to be critical of him. I (and some others) are providing context for what it looks like in general when a freshman plays QB. Slightly above average QB play (130 QB’s so finishing 49th is slightly above average) as a freshman in your first year in the system isn’t the damning indictment you (and many others) are making it out to be. 
Yeah- I already mentioned I’m concerned about the Joe Dirt persona and the quitting on high school, first commitment and then first school that we’ve seen, but sayjng be sucks or underperformed because he finished 49th in QBR as a freshman doesn’t do the work you are claiming it does. If he underperformed expectations it is likely because of the expectations, not his play, as a statistical dive into other QB’s freshmen year has shown. 

first off, lots of people are losing their minds about any and all criticism of QE. i've experienced more vitriol in this thread for being critical of quinn than i do in five years on the hoops board. 

and as far as his play goes, it's not his stats- it's the film. none of those other freshman qbs you can compare him to had the godawful footwork and mechanics that he does. watching him play it's as if he's never in his life had to set his feet to make a throw. now that he's at Texas, that mess clearly is not cutting it. so i don't look at past freshman qbs and expect QE to have a similar track as them, because none of them that i can recall had as much to improve on as QE does. mastering the offense and reading an opposing defense are tough asks of any freshman, but the kid literally doesn't know how to properly throw a football from a wide open pocket. he's got such a long way to go before he's mechanically ready to be consistently good at this level. it's the last thing you'd expect from someone with so much hype.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t think his trajectory over the course of the season is that concerning. Film gets out and he/sark couldn’t adjust so he’s going to look worse as the season goes on.

The bigger issue to me are the lack of any real fundamentals of the positon. Footwork, progressions, pre snap reads are all real bad right now. 

That’s why I say next year really is put up or shut up for Sark. If we see the same Quinn next year then there are huge red flags for both Quinn and the coaching.

I’m going to disagree here RE: QB development. Sark has numerous skins on the wall RE: QB development. That’s a huge reason Arch committed. If Quinn fails to live up to the hype I’m not inclined to blame the coaching. Sometimes that just happens.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

first off, lots of people are losing their minds about any and all criticism of QE. i've experienced more vitriol in this thread for being critical of quinn than i do in five years on the hoops board. 

and as far as his play goes, it's not his stats- it's the film. none of those other freshman qbs you can compare him too had the godawful footwork and mechanics that he does. watching him play it's as if he's never in his life had to set his feet to make a throw. now that he's at Texas, that mess clearly is not cutting it. so i don't look at past freshman qbs and expect QE to have a similar track as them, because none of them that i can recall had as much to improve on as QE does. mastering the offense and reading the defense are tough asks of any freshman, but the kid literally doesn't know how to properly throw a football from a wide open pocket. he's got a long way to go.

Sure. And I can guarantee you that you put 100% more attention and eyeballs on Quinn than you did freshmen year for any of those other dudes I mentioned. You weren’t breaking down tape or probably even watching the majority of throws Joe Burrow, or Kyler Murray, or Baker Mayfield at Tech were making. Ain’t nobody have the time for all that. We all know our guys really really well and everyone else’s much less well. 

@Wulaw Horn you know what the worst part of this thread is gonna be for me (and you, and probably everyone else here)? if/when QE improves and becomes a really good QB at Texas, this thread will become unreadable with the number of people foaming at the mouth to call me out for "hating" quinn ewers, and for "saying he would never amount to shit", despite how many times i've repeatedly said otherwise. so let me state for the record (for the fifth or sixth time) that every criticism i have of this kid is based on his play *this year*, and that i fully hope that he reaches his potential and becomes awesome one day. criticizing his play this year and saying that he will always be bad are not the same thing.

I think we as fans, the team but most importantly the QBs will benefit from an open competition in the spring. Period. May the best QB win! I believe Sark when he says there will be such a competition—not just coach speak. It’s a good thing for the team. The QB position is going to be under a lot more pressure with Rojo and Bijan and others gone. We need competent and consistent play. I’d love to see exciting and dynamic play but will settle for a QB that is a competent game manager that doesn’t lose the game or give up turnovers/points. No matter what Quinn needs to bulk up and hit the weight room like a mofo. 

Just now, shadow_operative said:

@Wulaw Horn you know what the worst part of this thread is gonna be for me (and you, and probably everyone else here)? if/when QE improves and becomes a really good QB at Texas, this thread will become unreadable with the number of people foaming at the mouth to call me out for "hating" quinn ewers, and for "saying he would never amount to shit", despite how many times i've repeatedly said otherwise. so let me state for the record (for the fifth or sixth time) that every criticism i have of this kid is based on his play *this year*, and that i fully hope that he reaches his potential and becomes awesome one day. criticizing his play this year and saying that he will always be bad are not the same thing.

Sure. But, criticism should come with context imo. 
Fact- Quinn is a freshman

Fact- the OL is super young and generally has been shitty at pass blocking 

Fact- we have one game breaker in the WR room and he’s a midget that might have the worst spatial awareness and tracking skills of any elite WR I’ve ever seen

Fact- he was injured early in the year and it’s probably stayed with him.

all those things are true.  Everything you’ve said about him is true but lots of it ignores what I brought up.  Also, plenty on here are saying Ewers is a bust and we are doomed  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Levi said:

Are we seriously wanting Ewers to earn the right to style his hair the way he wants to? Imo it’s dumb to be concerned with the hair style of any player on our team, no matter what their production on the field is like. 

Of course not. I'm simply saying that it's a purely symbolic way of breaking from his past and starting fresh. He can wear his hair like Wattie Buchan for all I care. (look it up you fucking utes) Just win. When you don't, everything is an issue, including your style/personality. Not my rules, just pointing them out.

Did I dumb it down enough for this thread?

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I’m going to disagree here RE: QB development. Sark has numerous skins on the wall RE: QB development. That’s a huge reason Arch committed. If Quinn fails to live up to the hype I’m not inclined to blame the coaching. Sometimes that just happens.

That’s true but I mean if the fundamentals are still terrible then there is a serious coaching problem.

I also think some of the Sark development of QBs is a touch overblown. Norm Chow was working above him for several and the others are Bama QBs with NFL offensive lines and NFL weapons. His best story of his only his work is Jake Locker. 
Now I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve any credit for the USC guys or Bama guys. He does but I still think there’s something to prove there before I’m fully bought in the the “QB Guru”. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. But, criticism should come with context imo. 
Fact- Quinn is a freshman

Fact- the OL is super young and generally has been shitty at pass blocking 

Fact- we have one game breaker in the WR room and he’s a midget that might have the worst spatial awareness and tracking skills of any elite WR I’ve ever seen

Fact- he was injured early in the year and it’s probably stayed with him.

all those things are true.  Everything you’ve said about him is true but lots of it ignores what I brought up.  Also, plenty on here are saying Ewers is a bust and we are doomed  

the injury explanation is one i tend to believe, however, if it is true that his first big injury like that has shaken his confidence, then that, for me, almost becomes a coin flip proposition- he's either done, mentally, or, he's one good sports psychologist away from becoming a totally different QB next year. it'll be interesting to see what his demeanor on the field looks like going forward. 

10 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Of course not. I'm simply saying that it's a purely symbolic way of breaking from his past and starting fresh. He can wear his hair like Wattie Buchan for all I care. (look it up you fucking utes) Just win. When you don't, everything is an issue, including your style/personality. Not my rules, just pointing them out.

Did I dumb it down enough for this thread?

I mean you stated it pretty clearly “Want to sport a mullet as a high-profile D1 QB? Earn it.” 

The point is, is that his hair style wasn’t a problem when he was tearing up Bama or OU, so stop thinking he needs to pull some symbolic bullshit now that he’s not performing to your standard. 

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

The patented Derka straddle. Can’t be wrong if you take both sides of the argument.

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The yards per attempt is low bc the completion percentage is low bc we take a ton of deep shots and never hit on them. Erase the deep shots in those games and i could almost guarantee you it would be pretty close to your 8 YPA magic number from most of those games. 

Yes.  That is why I mention the offensive staff and gameplan as part of the problem.  You can't divorce the two factors completely, but it isn't all just Ewers.  The 8YPA isn't magical.  It is a rule of thumb for mediocre play in college.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

they have to get better at throwing long or they need to shelve it (looks like it’s been shelved the last couple games). I suspect that lack of competent WR at going deep is part of it. Will be interesting to see if Neyor changes that. 

They started dialing it back after OSU and then KSU, which means that is part of the issue but not all of it.  Neyor could change that.  Using multiple deep threats could help so that teams can't simply shadow Worthy could change it.  I agree with the comment overall though.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it's also extremely disingenuous to compare QE to to a bunch of old QBs who aren't in any way comparable to Quinn, ie guys who didn't leave high school eeely to go become an NIL darling as a 1.000 rated prospect. QE set the bar for himself when he did that. It's not unfair to hold him to a higher standard than most. which btw, if back in August you'd have shown everyone here our final W/L and offensive stats, QE's production would have been a shocking disappointment to this entire fan base. yet somehow here we are, and it's suddenly NO CRITICISM AT ALL. 

WTF are you on about now?  Plenty of people are criticizing him.  Anyone with a functioning brain stem is also acknowledging that he's playing like a freshman QB.  The script hasn't been written, the cake hasn't been baked, but you do you.

8 minutes ago, Levi said:

I mean you stated it pretty clearly “Want to sport a mullet as a high-profile D1 QB? Earn it.” 

The point is, is that his hair style wasn’t a problem when he was tearing up Bama or OU, so stop thinking he needs to pull some symbolic bullshit now that he’s not performing to your standard. 

Please advise me what my standard is, since you seem to have such insight, Krescunt?

You seem to have trouble recognizing that my initial post was slanted from an internal perspective of Ewers. You also appear to have missed the first sentence and my own half-assed belief in the idea. Your jump to "we seriously wanting" is only in your fevered projections. Nothing in my post indicated seriousness. And as much as I would like to believe making me the Surly spokesperson would be the proper way for this site to be conducted, I don't really think I speak for anyone else but myself. You seem to have some fundamental issues with how internet message boards work. I'm one poster. I have my own stupid ideas. Much like Groucho, I would spit on any "we" you try to associate me with, and denounce your infatuation with the scourge of collective thinking.

I'll try one more time, skeet:  Kid had a shitty year he'd like to forget.  For any chance of true, long-term success, he has to put it behind him and move forward. There's a symbolic opportunity to move forward. A symbol that would reverberate across the entire landscape of his budding career. A symbolic undertaking that could help facilitate an emotional reset and lead to an internal focus by the man to now "earn" his place, rooted in the symbolism. He earning for himself by meeting his own high bar, not for any loser on the internet. Then, hopefully with success, the regrown hairstyle is a glorious symbol of achievement.

Secondary/follow-up thought regarding your reply: Nothing matters when you perform exceptionally well. Everything matters when you don't. That is not my standard, just the way it is. Winning is the greatest deodorant.

Clear enough for you, SJ? Or do you need me to explain symbolism too?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I think at this point best we can hope for is for Quinn to become a game manager that doesn't make too many mistakes. 

I think at this point the best we can hope for is you to take a break from the internet after you go into toxic shock from failure to change your tampon. 
It’s hard to even fathom how dumb an opinion it is to put “game manager” on a dude finishing up his freshman year that clearly has all sorts of talent,  but feel free to keep being the dumbest human being on the internet. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

comparing this modern era of NIL deals for kids who've been training professionally since they were 7 years old to the days of peyton manning and carson palmer might the most disingenuous argument of this entire thread. that is not a legit comparison in any way.

The most disingenuous comment is you having the audacity to claim Peyton wasn’t coached from a young age. That was amazing 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you guys just keep on rewriting what i've actually said and then getting upset over your own made up version of events. its wild. 

NIL deals for kids who've been training professionally since they were 7 years old to the days of peyton manning and carson palmer might the most disingenuous argument of this entire thread

that is what you wrote. Sure seems like you are saying today’s kids get professional training and Peyton and Carson didn’t. 

Edited by Codaxx

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you guys just keep on rewriting what i've actually said and then getting upset over your own made up version of events. its wild. 

So basically you get to write rules, since NIL has somehow changed the world of college football to the point that we can't make any historical comparisons, and yet you have the expertise to judge a kid in Year One based on . . . what?

Regarding Peyton Manning:  one of the bluest of blue chips ever, an NFL HOF QB, started 8 games as a freshman, went 61.8%, 1141 yards, 11 TD, 6 INT

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Codaxx said:

NIL deals for kids who've been training professionally since they were 7 years old to the days of peyton manning and carson palmer might the most disingenuous argument of this entire thread

that is what you said. Sure seems like you are saying todays kids get professional training and Peyton and Carson didn’t. 

is this a joke? are you seriously claiming that tge standard training and development for todays kids is the same as it was in the 90's? next thing you're going to tell me that technology today is the same as it was in the mid-late 90's. 

and again, you keep taking what i've actually said and then morphing it into something completely different. now you've done the same thing with your own statement! here's what you said:

is you having the audacity to claim Peyton wasn’t coached from a young age. 

i did not say that. never approached saying that. you made that you and then got upset at me for it. stop doing that. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

we've all watched as the playbook has gotten smaller and smaller, to the point where we're now 60/40 if not 65/35 run/pass, with nearly all pass plays being 1-2 read, quick release plays. we've had to abandon the offense we planned to run all season and replace it a shell of its original self

Wait, I was told "seven win Steve" is a complete moron who has no idea how to make adjustments. 

Just now, shadow_operative said:

is this a joke? are you seriously claiming that tge standard training and development for todays kids is the same as it was in the 90's? next thing you're going to tell me that technology today is the same as it was in the mid-late 90's. 

and again, you keep taking what i've actually said and then morphing it into something completely different. now you've done the same thing with your own statement! here's what you said:

is you having the audacity to claim Peyton wasn’t coached from a young age. 

i did not say that. never approached saying that. you made that you and then got upset at me for it. stop doing that. 

C’mon, man, you directly distinguished Peyton Manning from kids who are coached at 7. By name. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Peyton Manning was being professionally trained since he was conceived.

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

It might seem dumb, but it is not a ridiculous notion that such a move might effect positive change. Cut the hair as a symbolic break from the HS/NIL hotshot period of his life. That crazy kid couldn't cut it at this level. Time for a more mature Mr. Ewers to emerge over the offseason, both in attitude and performance. Want to sport a mullet as a high-profile D1 QB? Earn it. Show you can handle the business end first, THEN let it grow and party all you want. Otherwise, you're just Joe Dirt in a Sonic commercial.

It's definitely an issue if he cannot have a mindset change without it. He's not shown the game day competence to be a winning QB at this level and a lot of it was mental shit like not throwing the right route, making the right read, or being on the same page as his receivers. 

He needs to drastically improve his knowledge of the offense and awareness on the field. And ot could help change the mindset to stop intentionally looking like a drooling,  inbred redneck jack wagon

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So basically you get to write rules, since NIL has somehow changed the world of college football to the point that we can't make any historical comparisons, and yet you have the expertise to judge a kid in Year One based on . . . what?

Regarding Peyton Manning:  one of the bluest of blue chips ever, an NFL HOF QB, started 8 games as a freshman, went 61.8%, 1141 yards, 11 TD, 6 INT

Now show Peyton Mannings rookie year stats in the NFL for the Colts and their W-L record.  If Derka was the Colts GM he would have cut/traded Peyton after his rookie year and told everybody he was a bust and loser. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Please advise me what my standard is, since you seem to have such insight, Krescunt?

You seem to have trouble recognizing that my initial post was slanted from an internal perspective of Ewers. You also appear to have missed the first sentence and my own half-assed belief in the idea. Your jump to "we seriously wanting" is only in your fevered projections. Nothing in my post indicated seriousness. And as much as I would like to believe making me the Surly spokesperson would be the proper way for this site to be conducted, I don't really think I speak for anyone else but myself. You seem to have some fundamental issues with how internet message boards work. I'm one poster. I have my own stupid ideas. Much like Groucho, I would spit on any "we" you try to associate me with, and denounce your infatuation with the scourge of collective thinking.

I'll try one more time, skeet:  Kid had a shitty year he'd like to forget.  For any chance of true, long-term success, he has to put it behind him and move forward. There's a symbolic opportunity to move forward. A symbol that would reverberate across the entire landscape of his budding career. A symbolic undertaking that could help facilitate an emotional reset and lead to an internal focus by the man to now "earn" his place, rooted in the symbolism. He earning for himself by meeting his own high bar, not for any loser on the internet. Then, hopefully with success, the regrown hairstyle is a glorious symbol of achievement.

Secondary/follow-up thought regarding your reply: Nothing matters when you perform exceptionally well. Everything matters when you don't. That is not my standard, just the way it is. Winning is the greatest deodorant.

Clear enough for you, SJ? Or do you need me to explain symbolism too?

Your standard, my standard, all of our standards. It doesn’t matter because he’s not performing at an optimal level that we all thought he would be. And no I don’t think I need a repeat of intro to general sociology, thank you though, Mead. His change will be rooted in his relationship with football, not symbolic interaction with his hair. His style of playing is catching up to him, which was fine when we were winning but now he’s figuring out that only having a gifted arm isn’t going cut it going forward in his football career. Let’s just agree to disagree, and move on. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

C’mon, man, you directly distinguished Peyton Manning from kids who are coached at 7. By name. 

dude, i am comparing ERAS, not specific people. todays kids factually, irrefuyabkt grow up in a sports world that is drastically different than the world that kids grew up in the 90's, aka the time when peyton and carson were coming up. i am not the one who brought up peyton manning and carson palmer or injected them into the conversation. in fact, my entire point here is that bringing them up and comparing their HS/early college years to those of kids from today is not an apples to apples comparison, and is therefore pretty much irrelevant.

the game has changed, from elemtary school to the pros. when peyton and carson were coming up in the 90's teams were running ricky williams and ron dayne 35 times per game, and damn near every QB in the country took all of his snaps from under center. QBs, nearly as a rule, were not expected to be ready until they were 2-3 years removed from HS and had trained and grown for multiple years. and high profile youth athletes did not specialize in a specific sport from a young age, featuring world class training in said sport from age 7 forward, they played all different sports year round. none of that is the same today. none of it.

today, freshman and sophomore QBs end up at the Downtown Athletic Club. today these kids *do* specialize in a specific sport and *do* get world class, sport specific training from a very young age. today's game features spread offense that  almost never go under center, that throw the ball 40x per game (if not 50-60x per game) on a regular basis. kids nowadays can leave HS early and get paid to be college football players. again, it is NOTHING like the 90's, and therefore bringing up peyton manning's freshman numbers, as if it has anything to do with anything, is not any sort of apt comparison or means for projection.

so no, i did not directly compare peyton manning or his specific upbringing to anyone from today. that would be going against the entire point that i'm making. 

11 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Peyton Manning was being professionally trained since he was conceived.

are you guys all seriously retarded, or did you all PM each other and say, "let's see if we can get derka to snap by blatantly mischaracterizing what he said en masse"?

as it says in my post that all of you quoted, i am saying that comparing KIDS OF TODAY to KIDS OF THE ERA WHEN PEYTON GREW UP is not an apples to apples comparison. 

jesus titty fucking christ 

OK, new era. 

Kyler Murray.  Heisman Trophy winner.  Freshman year:  59.5%, 686 yards, 5 TD, 7 INT

Lamar Jackson.  Heisman Trophy winner.  Freshman year:  54.7%, 1840 yards, 12 TD, 8 INT

I mean, when will you see that Quinn is pretty similar to all kinds of guys who ended up being great but started out kinda rough?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, new era. 

Kyler Murray.  Heisman Trophy winner.  Freshman year:  59.5%, 686 yards, 5 TD, 7 INT

Lamar Jackson.  Heisman Trophy winner.  Freshman year:  54.7%, 1840 yards, 12 TD, 8 INT

I mean, when will you see that Quinn is pretty similar to all kinds of guys who ended up being great but started out kinda rough?

Dual threat quarterbacks who are having a bad season throwing the ball bring a lot more to the table than drop back passers having a shitty season throwing the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, new era. 

dude, what is your point?!? you keep making these same exact posts towards me over and over as if i've said that QE is a finished product and that he will never improve, when in reality i've never said anything even close to that. in fact, i have repeatedly said that he's not been great this season, that he needs to improve, and that i hope he does. so what in the hell is your point? 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I’m just saying that comparing Ewers to those guys in a vacuum is disingenuous. 

I'm trying to play by Derka's rules.  We can't go back to the dinosaur years of (checks notes) Peyton Manning, so we need to see how modern hyper-trained QBs panned out in their freshman years.  Quinn throws the ball.  Therefore, I looked at passing stats.

This really isn't difficult.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

dude, what is your point?!? you keep making these same e act posts towards me over and over as if i've said that QE is a finished product and could never possibly be good, when in reality i've never said anything or the sort! i have repeatedly said that he's not been great this season, that he needs to improve, and that i hope he does. so what in the hell is your point? 

Apparently your point is that Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer were bad QBs as freshmen.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet