Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

12 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I always enjoy it when people try to hold others to standards that they themselves would crumble under. Especially when they've never actually put themselves in a position to be scrutinized that way.

Quinn's story is far from over.

is there supposed to be a point in here somewhere? all i see you saying is, "NO CRITICISM AT ALL." why does this website even exist if being critical of players is strictly verboten?

edit: oh yeah, LOL at your contention that i'm not allowed to be critical quinn ewers when ive "never put myself in his specific position before." like who am i to be critical of him when i myself never left HS early to make NIL money at tOSU. yeah, great point.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Quinn's story is far from over.

how many times does it have to be repeated that being critical of quinn's play to this point does not = writing him off forever? jesus.

the high horse crowd in this thread is ridiculous. you all come in and try to shame/shit-talk anyone who's rightfully critical of quinn by repeating the same misguided nonsense that's been addressed over and over. nobody here is writing him off forever. but please, don't let that stop you and you moral superiority from dropping into the thread to add nothing to the discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

is there supposed to be a point in here somewhere? all i see you saying is, "NO CRITICISM AT ALL." why does this website even exist if being critical of players is strictly verboten?

edit: oh yeah, LOL at your contention that i'm not allowed to be critical quinn ewers when ive "never put myself in his specific position before." like who am i to be critical of him when i myself never left HS early to make NIL money at tOSU. yeah, great point.

Of course you do, because that's how your mind works.

Why are you using quotes when talking about your own thoughts?

Additionally, why would you even assume I was talking about you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

I saw Quin in person during his Jr.  and Sr. years in HS + when he was on TV,  and now all of his Texas games. There's no doubt in my mind that he has the talent to be an elite college QB.   

What I doubt is his effort to become better. I don't see any articles about how he spends extra time in the film room with coaches or on the field with players.  

Most great QB's are real students of the game and put in the extra time to get that edge that makes them great. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I saw Quin in person during his Jr.  and Sr. years in HS + when he was on TV,  and now all of his Texas games. There's no doubt in my mind that he has the talent to be an elite college QB.   

What I doubt is his effort to become better. I don't see any articles about how he spends extra time in the film room with coaches or on the field with players.  

Most great QB's are real students of the game and put in the extra time to get that edge that makes them great. 

So you saw all of 6 games?  He didn’t play his senior year and only played in 6 games his junior year.   I guess articles written by Bohls or Golden is the affirmation you need.

Make no mistake, I’m not sold on Ewers, but you need to fact check yourself first.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

There’s a reason the Manning clan is onboard with Arch redshirting. Young , true freshman QBs don’t usually fair too well.   

I have to guess that his family and the staff are so on-board with Arch redshirting that the likelihood of QE being beaten out is slim to none, regardless of how either perform in camps/practices.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

No one will know because manning is going to beat him out as a true freshman.

And then everyone will bitch about how Manning wouldn't even be on scholarship if his name weren't Manning, and how no Manning ever won jack shit in college, and this was just a way for a Manning to get publicity when Texas moves to the SEC and how Eli and Archie were divas and forces themselves out of San Diego and waaaaaaaaaa my pee pee hurts.

Can't wait.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have to guess that his family and the staff are so on-board with Arch redshirting that the likelihood of QE being beaten out is slim to none, regardless of how either perform in camps/practices.

Oh but the 9.95ers are going to be writing article after article about the qb battle 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HalfSack Horn said:

So you saw all of 6 games?  He didn’t play his senior year and only played in 6 games his junior year.   I guess articles written by Bohls or Golden is the affirmation you need.

You're right I saw Soph. and Jr. year.  Doesn't change anything,  I still question his effort.

edit: he did play as a Sophomore

Edited by Laga4

23 minutes ago, HalfSack Horn said:

Make no mistake, I’m not sold on Ewers, but you need to fact check yourself first.  

He *missed* six games in his last season at SLC, played in eight of SLC's 14 in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

a bunch of football board posters have asked blacklab why he hasn't permabanned me. he told me this maybe 9-10 months ago. my response was simply to say, "read the threads for yourself. these people who want me banned are the very people derka'ing the threads. it ain't me." ever since then i've occasionally pm'd blacklab to direct him towards some of the threads where this BS happens. this thread is the latest example.  here's a screenshot of the pm i just sent to blacklab:

34AF3CCF-0A3F-4C50-A469-75F7AAF4D429.thumb.jpeg.d113b615bb68c258a9a2347e622a54ff.jpeg

you guys disagree with my football takes, and you make it nasty and personal towards me, like mean, angry children. you curse me out, you literally post personal videos of me exercising to shame me for being fat (which only happened due to the medication i take for my chronic illness which has been slowly killing me for years), you call me a fat fucking retard, and then you turn around and somehow convince yourselves that it's not you- it's me. it's so crazy.

there's a bunch of you guys who take this shit way too seriously and personally, only to turn around and push the idea that it's me, not you, who is doing this bull shit up and down the thread. on my best day i think you guys need to grow up. on my worst days i plan on name dropping y'all in my suicide note. yeah. it's like that. 

grow the fuck up. keep it about football. stop projecting your own immaturity and overly emotional posting style onto me. and find even a modicum of self awareness while you're at it. 

CDEE6F90-66D1-4878-9EA1-D6495F149FD4.jpeg.8858bb68f865704e2ddc941d88d7ae10.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

There’s a reason the Manning clan is onboard with Arch redshirting. Young , true freshman QBs don’t usually fair too well.   

I keep trying to drop this nugget of truth through the years that we keep trotting out freshman QBs. 

I guess QE is a hybrid FR since he skipped his SR season, but has been in college for 2 seasons.

There have been only a handful of really good FR QBs, and maybe a few handfuls of RSFR QBs, and they usually don't pay behind underclass OLs.

Ewers played like a Freshman behind Freshman. He played fine. He threw a bunch of catchable balls that were dropped all season. LOOKING AT YOU COACH MARION.

I fully expect the entire offense to take a step forward next year. Bijan and Roschon leaving will create an opportunity for everyone to step up and the additional experience will help.

QE doesn't have to be special. He will be good. The head coach/OC has proven he can make a QB and offense go. We'll be fine. 

Winning the Big 12 in what I believe is our last season in the conference is my expectation.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I keep trying to drop this nugget of truth through the years that we keep trotting out freshman QBs.  I guess QE is a hybrid FR since he skipped his SR season, but has been in college for 2 seasons.

Since Quinn was most likely scheduled to graduate in Dec 2021, he was more like a true freshman this past season.

Hopefully Ewers works hard this spring and summer and has a great sophomore season.

the plan has always been to redshirt Arch, but yeah- after QE's disappointing season and Arch's outstanding senior season where he seemed to really take a leap forward, it's going to end up being really difficult to RS Arch next year if these trends continue. 

I think we’ll see Arch in at least 4 games next season.

I am not sure why Rojo skipped the bowl game. This would have been a great opportunity to feature his ability.

Yeah it’s off topic. I don’t care.

I've been trying to figure out how in the hell we lost. 
Now I see what happened. Dammit [mention=125]Nivek[/mention].

Somebody as to leave the turd in the punch bowl.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am not sure why Rojo skipped the bowl game. This would have been a great opportunity to feature his ability.

Yeah it’s off topic. I don’t care.

Somebody as to leave the turd in the punch bowl.

He's going to play in the Senior Bowl in front of NFL scouts.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Cant criticize a guy making a million dollars or the posters here will have your head lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Oh yea which games of his did you see in his senior year? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And then everyone will bitch about how Manning wouldn't even be on scholarship if his name weren't Manning, and how no Manning ever won jack shit in college, and this was just a way for a Manning to get publicity when Texas moves to the SEC and how Eli and Archie were divas and forces themselves out of San Diego and waaaaaaaaaa my pee pee hurts.
Can't wait.

Or, maybe, we’ll get some good qb play. But pretty sure our organization could fuck up a wet dream so hard to say what will happen.

@shadow_operative judges everything in a vacuum. Ewers is a 5* recruit because of the things he can do on the field. Those things don't need to translate into wins in order for him to finish college as the number 1 draft pick. Many a college QB got drafted high off of shitty teams, so let's put that to bed right now. 

Freshman Ewers didn't play perfect but there are two huge contributions to why we struggled. We allowed more untouched rushers this year than I truly can ever remember us giving up in a single season. We also had guys giving no effort on catchable balls down the field. People can say "you need to get the ball out quick", but that's exactly what they want/expect you to do, so they can come flying up and make plays on the ball. You have to burn teams for dedicating too many men to the LOS. Our issues are all interconnected. Lack of running game for stretches, lack of pass protection, and lack of passing game past 15 yards. Hurt people downfield and they will back off. Miss those attempts and defenses become more and more aggressive. It's simple as that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

@shadow_operative judges everything in a vacuum. Ewers is a 5* recruit because of the things he can do on the field. Those things don't need to translate into wins in order for him to finish college as the number 1 draft pick. Many a college QB got drafted high off of shitty teams, so let's put that to bed right now. 

Freshman Ewers didn't play perfect but there are two huge contributions to why we struggled. We allowed more untouched rushers this year than I truly can ever remember us giving up in a single season. We also had guys giving no effort on catchable balls down the field. People can say "you need to get the ball out quick", but that's exactly what they want/expect you to do, so they can come flying up and make plays on the ball. You have to burn teams for dedicating too many men to the LOS. Our issues are all interconnected. Lack of running game for stretches, lack of pass protection, and lack of passing game past 15 yards. Hurt people downfield and they will back off. Miss those attempts and defenses become more and more aggressive. It's simple as that. 

All of which requires an OL that can provide time and open holes. Which was generally sporadic at best this season, but still better than most expected. 

Ewers had plenty of issues, no doubt. He’s responsible for a lot of that. If he shits the bed when his backs aren’t dodging guys in the backfield and he has time to make reads and step into throws then, yeah, it’s more than fair to question whether he’s a good QB or just a guy with a golden arm. Until then, I’m ok with taking the bad with the good until he gets that chance. That’s not to say other QBs shouldn't get their shots, but evaluate the entire scenario. 

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

All of which requires an OL that can provide time and open holes. Which was generally sporadic at best this season, but still better than most expected. 

Ewers had plenty of issues, no doubt. He’s responsible for a lot of that. If he shits the bed when his backs aren’t dodging guys in the backfield and he has time to make reads and step into throws then, yeah, it’s more than fair to question whether he’s a good QB or just a guy with a golden arm. Until then, I’m ok with taking the bad with the good until he gets that chance. That’s not to say other QBs shouldn't get their shots, but evaluate the entire scenario. 

Correct. We struggled mightily protecting the QB. We struggled in general on the O-line. That said, QE showed what he can do when we asked him to run Card's offense in the bowl game. If we can give him more protection, and get close to the same productivity in the running game, I think we will see a corner turned. 

On 12/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, BigOrange1 said:

and the "he needs to cut his hair" bullshit is so fucking stupid i can't believe (supposedly) educated people keep spewing it.  the length of his hair affects fucking nothing.

Exactly this. His mullet means we're SEC ready!

Edited by Longboard Horn

On 12/31/2022 at 11:09 AM, tbone_ said:

No one will know because manning is going to beat him out as a true freshman.

Unless QE really crashes and burns I see AM redshirting.  That would be the smart play.  There is a world of difference between Private School football in LA and Division 1 play.  

I'm sure his dad, Cooper knows the value of taking it slow in athletic competition.  We will see.  

4 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

Unless QE really crashes and burns I see AM redshirting.  That would be the smart play.  There is a world of difference between Private School football in LA and Division 1 play.  

I'm sure his dad, Cooper knows the value of taking it slow in athletic competition.  We will see.  

If Arch has to play next season, it means things have gone pretty poorly WRT Quinn. Ideally, Quinn plays very well and Arch appears in three games in mop-up duty to keep his redshirt. Quinn declares for the NFL next season and Arch is the heir apparent to start as a redshirt freshman in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If Arch has to play next season, it means things have gone pretty poorly WRT Quinn. Ideally, Quinn plays very well and Arch appears in three games in mop-up duty to keep his redshirt. Quinn declares for the NFL next season and Arch is the heir apparent to start as a redshirt freshman in 2024.

Yes, anyone hoping to see Manning next year is moron. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I generally agree with most of your post. But I wonder about Quinn declaring for the NFL next season. 

IMO, he would likely need a Heisman-like season to make going to the NFL worth it. Basically he needs to be a projected 1st round pick, otherwise it probably isn't worth it (from a financial standpoint). I could see a possible scenario where coming back to play in the 2024 season benefits Ewers.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I generally agree with most of your post. But I wonder about Quinn declaring for the NFL next season. 

IMO, he would likely need a Heisman-like season to make going to the NFL worth it. Basically he needs to be a projected 1st round pick, otherwise it probably isn't worth it (from a financial standpoint). I could see a possible scenario where coming back to play in the 2024 season benefits Ewers.

You are correct. As I said, IF he has the season we hope then he will definitely declare for the draft. Everything he seems to do is motivated by money.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet