Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Okay, okay. Enough with the medical maybes. Let's get back to football in general, as applied to The Mullet.

The hit looked 1000% intentional, to me. I want to know (a) why he wasn't ejected or disqualified or whatever they call it this season, and (b) since he wasn't, how come he wasn't stretchered out a couple of plays later, with his tongue knotted around his face mask?

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Clavicle fracture is 6-8 weeks. Grade 1 AC or SC would be ideal. Grade 2 AC is at risk of becoming grade 3 or 4 if you come back too soon and have same tackle. Someone previously mentioned Bradford. The SC Joint is more inherently stable than AC so should be less susceptible to aggravation or worsening but more likely to cause pain with throwing motion than AC injury to no dominant side

Was certainly my experience, without surgery.  My doc said if I wanted to have surgery, I could be unslung almost immediately and depending on self PT and how my tissues healed, back in most action in 30 days or less.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Okay, okay. Enough with the medical maybes. Let's get back to football in general, as applied to The Mullet.

The hit looked 1000% intentional, to me. I want to know (a) why he wasn't ejected or disqualified or whatever they call it this season, and (b) since he wasn't, how come he wasn't stretchered out a couple of plays later, with his tongue knotted around his face mask?

I didn't see the game, but this is what I saw.  A bit late, yes, but otherwise seems all in the game, yo.

The way he landed was ripe for a shoulder injury though.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't see the game, but this is what I saw.  A bit late, yes, but otherwise seems all in the game, yo.

The way he landed was ripe for a shoulder injury though.

That clip is misleading.  It cuts off the part before where the defender can clearly see the ball is away and he can pull back.  Instead he drives his entire weight into Ewers and makes no effort to pull back.  It was intentional, meant to injure and he should of been kicked out of the game.  With all the BS calls they make to protect QBs these days including fouls for touching them when they fake slide and then try to take off, driving a QB into the ground with your full weight after they get rid of the ball should call for a multigame suspension 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I don’t want to watch a sport where hits like that get guys ejected 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Nope said:

I want to see intentional hits like that punished with not just ejection, but no playing until that injured player has healed, and if it turns out it's a season-ending injury, boo hoo, the player who caused it doesn't play the rest of the season.

And... since that's not in the rules, and since the bammer remained in the game, we should have punished him on our own. We've gone years without any reaction by our team at all to shit like that.

Man, that guy just intentionally fouled our QB (or RB or whomever), we need to light his ass up ASAP.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

My point is, the bammer intentionally put all of his weight on Mullet and drove him into the ground. Under the circumstances, I would like to have seen our guys nail the motherfucker flat and shit on his bleeding corpse.

The deal is that was a half-the -distance penalty against Bama. That play started at the 1 so for 18 inches they get QB1 out of the game. And make no mistake that shot was intentional. If someone retaliated there it's 15 and there's a good chance we don't get what turns out to be our only TD of the game.

Another thing is Banks has to find a new holder stat. Almost nobody uses a qb to hold anymore, and it noticeably bothered Cards ankle to get down in position to hold

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

That clip is misleading.  It cuts off the part before where the defender can clearly see the ball is away and he can pull back.  Instead he drives his entire weight into Ewers and makes no effort to pull back.  It was intentional, meant to injure and he should of been kicked out of the game.  With all the BS calls they make to protect QBs these days including fouls for touching them when they fake slide and then try to take off, driving a QB into the ground with your full weight after they get rid of the ball should call for a multigame suspension 

Is there a better clip?

5 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Another thing is Banks has to find a new holder stat. Almost nobody uses a qb to hold anymore, and it noticeably bothered Cards ankle to get down in position to hold

Well we had Pearson last week and he clearly can’t handle snaps so we changed mid game to Card last week. To be fair, it was the snapping that was most problematic. 

as far as Card doing the holding, I’m not sure the holding duties are the main concern. More so, the QB duties lol

• Hook 'Em 1

I think you guys are underestimating how quick that split second between initiating a hit and the ball being released is.  It’s easy to see in slow motion but I doubt that pulling up in that particular instance would’ve been as easy as some of you are thinking. It sucks he landed on his shoulder  like that and I hate the outcome but I have no problem with the hit.  We’d be cheering It on if it was our guy hitting theirs that way.  Part of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The deal is that was a half-the -distance penalty against Bama. That play started at the 1 so for 18 inches they get QB1 out of the game. And make no mistake that shot was intentional. If someone retaliated there it's 15 and there's a good chance we don't get what turns out to be our only TD of the game.

Oh, I agree. Not necessarily in the moment or on the very next play... soon as possible, though, you run right at him and send a thousand pounds of beef to stomp him flat. High-low blocks no longer acceptable, so hit him high or low, not both. Prolly still wind up with ejections, so it's understandably not called by the coach, but god damn, if you routinely let people hit your QB late and with intent, everybody's going to do it to you. And you deserve it.

You also might have noticed that Nick's D was holding, hitting WRs early, and otherwise fouling and interfering on damn near every play, particularly at the beginning. That's done on purpose, because it conditions the officials to mostly  let it slide because they don't want it to appear that they're biased.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

look, just don't be a gaping pussy, it's embarrassing.

Nothing to do with pussy, gaping or otherwise. The point is, again or still or however you want it, that motherfucker went after our QB and not only fouled him, but injured him. Clearly intended. If the refs aren't going to stop it, we have to stop it ourselves.

Don't act like a chicken fucker. Shit no, man, acting like a fistee is bad enough.

15 minutes ago, Dignan said:

My first thought was "dirty hit" but now that I have cooled down a bit I say "nah". We would be HYPED UP if one of our guys did that to Young. I felt SICK when QE was just laying there. I hope Card can keep us together. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with this.  Maybe not dirty, but certainly intentional and worthy of a similar response later in  the game to send a message that if you gumps fucks with out QB we will fuck with yours.

23 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Well thats fine but then we need to light up their  QB and knock his ass out of the game exactly the same way.

It wasn’t that long ago that the next offensive series a couple OL would throw a nasty chop block targeting the knees of the guy who hurt their QB.  

Maybe Hutson develops into one of those guys for us.   

It was a dirty play by a shithead, the  ball was gone and he launched.   Left his feet, pinned the arm and landed with all his weight on top of the QB; that was intentional.  Don’t launch, the ball was out and the QB is in the air so he’s not evading you at the last instance,    

If he doesn’t launch and hits the QB because he’s so close momentum carries him into the player then there no penalty and it’s just bad luck if QB gets hurt.    

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with this.  Maybe not dirty, but certainly intentional and worthy of a similar response later in  the game to send a message that if you gumps fucks with out QB we will fuck with yours.

Maybe I wouldn’t consider it dirty if they didn’t have 5-6 other plays throughout the game that were dirty/intentional and full of fuckery. Fuck them in the goatass. Worst part is the dirty shit is the only reason they won the game (that and the refs AIDSing their way through the game). 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

A2F48516-9ED6-49BA-9829-B70ACBE5FCBA.thumb.png.52564272918e451fcdb0f972148cc0dd.png

Looked at it closer.  At the moment the ball is out of Ewers hand the defender’s planted foot is 2 yards away so he is between 4-6ft away.  His face is up so he is looking at the arm/ball area and can see the ball is out.  He has time to pull up.  We should have popped his ACL a few drives later.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Fuck! I wanna apologize to all that I have dragged the thread off of Ewers.

The problem is, we have been soft since we saw the last of Vince, and while I think Sark is a damn good coach who has been, and is still, doing great things for our team, he's too nice a guy overall. Either he gets angry and takes his coaching to a Saban level, or we'll get to, and remain at, that "... and Texas, somehow managing to lose that one game..." level. 

As I mentioned Saturday after the game, our goal hasn't changed, not at all. We win the next 13 games we play. Win out, win the CCG, win the CFP, where we devoutly hope we get another shot at the Fightin' Nicks so we can kick the living shit  out of them, whether it's first CFP game or the Grand Finale. 

This is doable, so  let's fucking do it.

This one's for The Mullet.

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:

I don't mind the initial hit at all. He was coming in fast and trying to make a play. What I DO mind--a lot--is how he finished the tackle once the ball was out of the QB's hands. That's when you need to pull up. Maybe the momentum still pushes Quinn to the ground, but there's no need to finishthe tackle, driving him into the ground with the defender on top. That's just dirty, malicious play.

The ncaa should emphasize penalizing the landing on a QB, pancake style, with all your weight like the NFL does.  It’s a rule they don’t enforce enough.  If they called it more often maybe dipshit thinks twice about it - but it’s Bama and it was essentially a 1 yard penalty so probably not.  But I digress…

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

I don't think the Bama guy's intent was to hurt Ewers per se but he definitely wanted to send him a message with an overly rough tackle. Where he went over the line was pancaking him into the turf, which is why he was flagged. It's too bad it cost us Ewers for at least a month and only earned us a few inches of real estate on the field.

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The ncaa should emphasize penalizing the landing on a QB, pancake style, with all your weight like the NFL does.  It’s a rule they don’t enforce enough.  If they called it more often maybe dipshit thinks twice about it - but it’s Bama and it was essentially a 1 yard penalty so probably not.  But I digress…

Agreed with this. It was unnecessary and it got a marquee collegiate player seriously injured.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Agreed...I think most D players would try to get some kind of hit on the QB in that situation....The spearing hit on Colt was dirty AF, and I think intentional, but I don't think the hit on Ewers was intending to hurt him, I think the dude was just excited to get a hit on the QB and got there a little late and was a little too aggressive...

Edited by Azbadlands

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

He also wrapped Quinn's arm, keeping him from breaking the fall. Pile Driver. The Chuck and Duck was a bad (busted?) play.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Hook 'Em 1

Crying does no good.…we had plenty of chances to take turner and young out (I would have loved to see collins pile drive young full force).

This Texas team is young…building culture….they will learn. Protect your QB1 at all costs…and if he does get cheapshotted….no crying, just get the fuck back to even.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet