Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

26 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Stop being such a whiny fucking bitch.  Take a step back and try to understand why you always end up in these predicaments.  There are dickeads on here and you don't always deserve it but honestly right now you do.

You are kind of wasting your effort here.  He simply cannot fathom how accusing others of being associated with some high school affiliation, calling people cum guzzlers, and saying they are all fools for being blinded by ratings, but he has the real knowledge and correct opinion.   He deflects away all criticism from some players and doubles down on another when everyone can see the ball hit the WR in the hands, he pretends that it wasn't a perfect throw, therefore it is all the QBs fault.  He knows everything, we are just fools for not believing him and trusting our lying eyes.  

I used to feel bad for him because he seemed like a decent person who has some social issues.   I get that.  But a decade plus later, and while he has mellowed out, the root problem is that he lacks respect for others on here when they disagree with him and it is tiresome.   Add in some salty homophobic language, and his constant need to spin things (Dan Marino is Quinn Ewers! ) and people get tired of his shit.   

So many of us have tried to reach out to him.  He just rejects good advice because well, he knows better than all of us.

But that is like my opinion, man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You are kind of wasting your effort here.  He simply cannot fathom how accusing others of being associated with some high school affiliation, calling people cum guzzlers, and saying they are all fools for being blinded by ratings, but he has the real knowledge and correct opinion.   He deflects away all criticism from some players and doubles down on another when everyone can see the ball hit the WR in the hands, he pretends that it wasn't a perfect throw, therefore it is all the QBs fault.  He knows everything, we are just fools for not believing him and trusting our lying eyes.  

I used to feel bad for him because he seemed like a decent person who has some social issues.   I get that.  But a decade plus later, and while he has mellowed out, the root problem is that he lacks respect for others on here when they disagree with him and it is tiresome.   Add in some salty homophobic language, and his constant need to spin things (Dan Marino is Quinn Ewers! ) and people get tired of his shit.   

So many of us have tried to reach out to him.  He just rejects good advice because well, he knows better than all of us.

Oh for sure-  the meat of my post was to provide some actual historical data points and my thoughts.  That was for the reasonable adults interested/capable of a thoughtful dialogue. 

Last spoiler was all the effort I'm giving Derka until he gives us something other than 'trust me, I watched the tape -> I know what I'm talking about -> Quinn Ewers is a terrible 1 star talent at this point -> fuck you, fuck everybody, I am the only reasonable one here, how can you not see that!?'

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Nivek said:

cum guzzling? homophobic language? what in the world are you talking about? that is just straight up fabrication.

as for the idea that i'm the one who shows a lack of respect for others when they disagree with my opinion, all i can do is refer you to reality- i'm not the one who makes it personal and starts insulting people. it's literally the other way around. doesn't matter how many times i point that out- your mind is made up, and no facts or empirical evidence will change your mind.

and seriously, this cum guzzling and homophobia accusations? what the fuck dude? if you're going to say something like that about me when you need to come with receipts. which again you can't, be wise you just made all that shit up. god damn that's fucked up. 

Edited by shadow_operative

31 minutes ago, Nivek said:

He deflects away all criticism from some players and doubles down on another when everyone can see the ball hit the WR in the hands, he pretends that it wasn't a perfect throw, therefore it is all the QBs fault.  

can i get a receipt here as well? i have no idea what you're talking about here.

52 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

cum guzzling? homophobic language? what in the world are you talking about? that is just straight up fabrication.

as for the idea that i'm the one who shows a lack of respect for others when they disagree with my opinion, all i can do is refer you to reality- i'm not the one who makes it personal and starts insulting people. it's literally the other way around. doesn't matter how many times i point that out- your mind is made up, and no facts or empirical evidence will change your mind.

and seriously, this cum guzzling and homophobia accusations? what the fuck dude? if you're going to say something like that about me when you need to come with receipts. which again you can't, be wise you just made all that shit up. god damn that's fucked up. 

You are correct. I seemed to recall you claiming us slurping but rather you used the term jizzing on ourselves.  My apologies.  It was not homophobic and I deeply regret my mistake here.  I stopped looking at the old posts because it was a beating quite frankly.   So whatever you disagree with me about.  You are correct.  I am wrong.  I don't care anymore.  I can't do that to myself again.  I feel like this guy stanley kubrick so youre keen on musicccc GIF by Maudit

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I would ask for @Thatguy or anyone else in here to rank our O Lines from 2009 through this season. because the truth is that we've had 3, 4, even 5 O lines in the past dozen years or so that were clearly worse than this one. this "bit our O line is so bad!" is just the excuse du jour.

first xavier was the scapegoat; now everyone is on the "blame it all on the O line" train. so go ahead and put into context where this supposedly all time bad O line ranks among our recent run of godawful O lines, please and thank you.

then, explain to the rest of us how it's the O line's fault that QE made so many terrible back foot and/or off balance passes with a clean pocket this season. how all of those wide open overthrows were the fault of someone else. again, please and thank you.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

That's a hard question to answer for a few reasons. The first reason is it's hard to give an O-line a legitimate run blocking grade with Bijan behind it. Guard gets mauled but Bijan jump cuts around the penetration and gains 9. Chicken salad. What I will say is this. Quinn Ewers was sacked 5 times, and had guys come free another 3. Baylor was bringing 4 for the most part and confusing the O-line. That's like 8 line busts on 24 drop-backs. When I say line busts I mean guys coming free immediately at the snap. I don't know where 1/3 of your dropbacks you have a line bust ranks on the bad scale but that is the worst I can remember recently. Unless your QB is Lamar Jackson you are in trouble. 

You were asking about the back foot throws. Try rewatching the game and pay attention to where the interior is at the snap and where Majors and crew end up. Sometimes our LOS gets reset 5 yards back from the original. We are watching the game from a high camera angle but you have to keep in mind QE is throwing over guys 6'5. If they are 3 yards in front of you then stepping into throws isn't happening. 

Look, QE has his issues of course but he is a better QB than you think he is. His footwork is all over the place for sure. However, his real issues are he struggles when pressured, and he cannot hit WORTHY downfield. Not sure if you noticed but when not throwing to Worthy past 10 yards he is pretty damned accurate. He isn't the only one either. Card is struggling throwing the ball downfield as well. Check the numbers.  It's not just Quinn. We just don't call those throws a lot with Card but anything thrown at Worthy past 20 yards is in the tank. 

I know @shadow_operative you were being funny when you asked but I am going to show you anyway. Bad Quinn happens when the line does this. Look at where the LOS is to start and look at where it gets pushed to. QE struggles when his line gets pushed in his lap. Throwing off his back foot, and all his bad traits usually come out here. 

Screenshot (319).png

Screenshot (320).png

Screenshot (321).png

Screenshot (322).png

Screenshot (323).png

Screenshot (324).png

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I know @shadow_operative you were being funny when you asked but I am going to show you anyway. Bad Quinn happens when the line does this. Look at where the LOS is to start and look at where it gets pushed to. QE struggles when his line gets pushed in his lap. Throwing off his back foot, and all his bad traits usually come out here. 

Screenshot (319).png

Screenshot (320).png

Screenshot (321).png

Screenshot (322).png

Screenshot (323).png

Screenshot (324).png

I'm not sure those stillframes tell the story you think they do. The first group I see a clean pocket 3 seconds after the snap. He might not have had another second but what is considered "enough" time in the pocket? I honestly don't know what should be considered standard there.

The second group of shots I see him maybe feeling the pressure off the right edge causing him to climb the pocket into a crowded mess when it really looks like he could have bailed to the left with two potential outlets dragging across with him and the potential to make something with his legs if gets the corner. Again, the last shot is 3 seconds after the snap and no defender is close to touching him.

I guess your point that the OL is moved many yards back from the LOS is true, but I guess I don't see that as a failure in pass protection if there is still a sizable pocket around the QB. It's clearly not dominant OL play there, but also not exactly a QB making them look good.

• Hook 'Em 1

Screenshot (321).png

Is this still shot the best defense of poor play? 3 seconds off the clock since snap, no OL or DL within a foot or two of him, looks like every defender still has an offensive player between him and QB, and Jordan Whittington is standing there wide open.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

I'm not sure those stillframes tell the story you think they do. The first group I see a clean pocket 3 seconds after the snap. He might not have had another second but what is considered "enough" time in the pocket? I honestly don't know what should be considered standard there.

The second group of shots I see him maybe feeling the pressure off the right edge causing him to climb the pocket into a crowded mess when it really looks like he could have bailed to the left with two potential outlets dragging across with him and the potential to make something with his legs if gets the corner. Again, the last shot is 3 seconds after the snap and no defender is close to touching him.

I guess your point that the OL is moved many yards back from the LOS is true, but I guess I don't see that as a failure in pass protection if there is still a sizable pocket around the QB. It's clearly not dominant OL play there, but also not exactly a QB making them look good.

27 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

9 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Is this still shot the best defense of poor play? 3 seconds off the clock since snap, no OL or DL within a foot or two of him, looks like every defender still has an offensive player between him and QB, and Jordan Whittington is standing there wide open.

Go and watch the video to see what happened live before you make accusations. 2.53 seconds by stopwatch from the time he takes the snap til he is trying to throw it but has to evade the rush. Go check it yourself. 

Everyone is so desperate to blame this kid for every. single. thing. He throws a good ball when he has time and the LOS isn't being reestablished 5 yards deep into the backfield. That was the point I was making. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Go and watch the video to see what happened live before you make accusations. 2.53 seconds by stopwatch from the time he takes the snap til he is trying to throw it but has to evade the rush. Go check it yourself. 

Everyone is so desperate to blame this kid for every. single. thing. He throws a good ball when he has time and the LOS isn't being reestablished 5 yards deep into the backfield. That was the point I was making. 

Relax my guy, not making any accusations, just suggesting the pictures you posted weren't really supporting your conclusion. Never said your conclusion was definitely false. My position is 1) Ewers did not look great in many games this season, 2) the OL did not look great in many games this season, 3) both QB and OL are probably in the best shape they've been since 2009.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

Relax my guy, not making any accusations, just suggesting the pictures you posted weren't really supporting your conclusion. Never said your conclusion was definitely false. My position is 1) Ewers did not look great in many games this season, 2) the OL did not look great in many games this season, 3) both QB and OL are probably in the best shape they've been since 2009.

Agreed on both accounts.

Ewers has a lot of work to do. That said he is really good in a lot of areas. He can throw over defensive layers with touch really well. Drops it right in. Then on quick outs he gets it there in a hurry. His timing on wheels, rails, and swings is right in stride. He typically gets the ball out fast, and he has saved us from about 20 more sacks by simply throwing the ball away. 

He needs to figure out how to throw to Worthy or whomever we choose for that role downfield. He also just needs to settle down when pressured. That's easy for all of us to say as we are not down there but when you are a pocket passer to be truly elite you have to turn the corner in that aspect. Teams are gonna come after you, so have to know what to do there. 

Lastly, receivers need to understand how to adjust too. The times we have seen a blitz I haven't seen a receiver go hot. Their man blitzes and they still run the same route. Gotta break your route off and present yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

FCB 

After struggling through the final five games of the season with a 50 percent completion rate, five touchdown passes, four interceptions and eight sacks, Texas redshirt freshman quarterback Quinn Ewers has become a man on a mission, according to team sources.

Steve Sarkisian said the first half of bowl practices would be training camp-style and stress fundamentals and technique with the second half of bowl practices focusing on game planning for an Alamo Bowl showdown with Washington (10-2) on Dec. 29.

Team sources said the first half of bowl practices, Ewers really worked on cleaning up his footwork ­— not just in the passing game, but in the running game — on taking the right step to the mesh point on handoffs.

“He’s looking and playing so much more confidently,” one team source said. “He’s been sharp.”

Another source said in 11-on-11, ones against ones, Ewers has connected with Xavier Worthy three times on deep shots in the last two practices.

Ewers obviously needs to carry this groove over to the Alamo Bowl — not just to help Texas win the game (in a battle with a UW offense capable of scoring points — 40.8 ppg), but to start re-building his confidence, so the bar graph of his development starts going up and staying up.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

FCB 

After struggling through the final five games of the season with a 50 percent completion rate, five touchdown passes, four interceptions and eight sacks, Texas redshirt freshman quarterback Quinn Ewers has become a man on a mission, according to team sources.

Steve Sarkisian said the first half of bowl practices would be training camp-style and stress fundamentals and technique with the second half of bowl practices focusing on game planning for an Alamo Bowl showdown with Washington (10-2) on Dec. 29.

Team sources said the first half of bowl practices, Ewers really worked on cleaning up his footwork ­— not just in the passing game, but in the running game — on taking the right step to the mesh point on handoffs.

“He’s looking and playing so much more confidently,” one team source said. “He’s been sharp.”

Another source said in 11-on-11, ones against ones, Ewers has connected with Xavier Worthy three times on deep shots in the last two practices.

Ewers obviously needs to carry this groove over to the Alamo Bowl — not just to help Texas win the game (in a battle with a UW offense capable of scoring points — 40.8 ppg), but to start re-building his confidence, so the bar graph of his development starts going up and staying up.

haha, that bowl practice kool-aid.

You could even say Quinn has a WHOLE. NEW. ATTITUDE!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 2:12 PM, tbone_ said:

Too much to ask to wonder wtf you don’t try to get better during the actual season?

He was hurt most of the year and presumably is healthy now. They have some time to step back from the urgency of game planning and work on more fundamental type shit.  It’s an entirely different environment. 

19 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He was hurt most of the year and presumably is healthy now. They have some time to step back from the urgency of game planning and work on more fundamental type shit.  It’s an entirely different environment. 

I think he will have a good game.

Should have a good game plan and has had time to digest it. Plus some time to heal. 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet