Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

What if's are for morons. Maybe if he wasnt so fucking shitty all year he wouldve actually built chemistry with other receivers and wouldnt have been throwing to Worthy's dumbass and relying on him to bail him out. Learn your players and build their trust. Ewers has been underwhelming all year, stop defending him. 

Not sure what was said before but you are an idiot if you don’t understand that he dropped passes that should have been caught several times. Has nothing to do with chemistry at that point

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

he didn't play like that in those games because we still hadn't dinner down the playbook to the level that we did tonight. it's alarming how this entire thread is apparently oblivious as to how insanely simplified this offense has become due to QE's limitations. 

Since you're such a QB expert, please contact CDC and demand that you immediately be hired as an offensive analyst to help Sark out.

Thx

Most concerned with Sark thinking  deep balls to Worthy was still great after the first 99 times it failed. 

The few examples of a freshman QB dominating is usually because his OL is whipping everyones ass up front every game which wasn't the case at Texas this year. 

Have no idea if Ewers will be great and those that are confident either way are silly gooses.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Thank you, most people here think this one stupid game is what we are talking about, when we are discussing his body of work and the likelihood he is remotely capable of leading Texas to anything of value

Well you’re posting immediately after a game with stats to the contrary. That’s on y’all.

14 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Dude... I've been hating on QE all year long but tonight was not on him. He played well and even threw some accurate deep passes that we've been bitching about with him all year. Except Worthy dropped them. 

Tonight was on Sark's shitty playcalling and game management. 

I think Quinn proved tonight that he isn’t at the appropriate level mentally to compete at the highest levels of FBS football. He has the physical skill set so we just have to hope this off-season really helps him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Since you're such a QB expert, please contact CDC and demand that you immediately be hired as an offensive analyst to help Sark out.

Thx

Sark is doing fine with what he's got. the offense should be much better next season, even if we end up having to have QE as our starter again. 

Just now, Beer Horn said:

Not sure what was said before but you are an idiot if you don’t understand that he dropped passes that should have been caught several times. Has nothing to do with chemistry at that point

I get that. I am just so god damn sick of Texas fucking sucking and it is so plainly obvious that if QE starts next year, we will have another single digit win season. He was carried fucking hard by Bijon this year and has literally zero leadership capability. The dude is not performing. 

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx

My first recommendation to CDC would be to fire Sark's ass. He is a fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Hitch your wagon to Ewers and see what happens, we will be shitty again next year. He is a medicore as fuck QB parading around like he is a 5 star million dollar NIL QB. The dude is fucking ass. 

That’s right. Because no player can get better. What they are as a freshman is what they’ll always be. Moron 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I think Quinn proved tonight that he isn’t at the appropriate level mentally to compete at the highest levels of FBS football. He has the physical skill set so we just have to hope this off-season really helps him. 

Thank you, he isn't there mentally and its obvious. 

9 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I suck but please tell me his percentage on passes over 5 yards down field and why Washington wasn’t afraid of the pass and loaded the box all game and why we didn’t score??  Inability to pass the ball downfield these days equals no success.   I understand the numbers look promising but was there a difference from our frustrations all year really?   I didn’t see that growth and think Arch might be the starter half way thru next year at this point.  

Was Wash not in a 2 high safety shell most of the game, specifically to defend the deep ball? That doesn’t scream “not afraid of the pass” to me at all.

1 minute ago, BERT said:

That’s right. Because no player can get better. What they are as a freshman is what they’ll always be. Moron 

I would agree with this take if he had showed any signs of progression from the beginning of the season. He literally regressed the entire year to the point where he became a liability we had to hide and he cost us multiple games. He could take a magical jump next year but all the signs point to that being very very unlikely. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I would agree with this take if he had showed any signs of progression from the beginning of the season. He literally regressed the entire year to the point where he became a liability we had to hide and he cost us multiple games. He could take a magical jump next year but all the signs point to that being very very unlikely. 

In fairness Ehlinger was worse as a freshman. I think he literally had 3 or 4 game-ending turnovers. He improved.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Maybe he wasn’t healthy all season after that Bama game? I say this cause from that OSU game on, something didn’t look right. He looked much better tonight. That’s all I’m going by and what gives me some hope for next season. Will he be an all American next season, maybe not but I think he’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

Just now, Helobious said:

In fairness Ehlinger was worse as a freshman. I think he literally had 3 or 4 game-ending turnovers. He improved.

Yeah but Ehlinger had leadership skills and grit. You could see the potential. You could see the want and desire to win from him. Ewers is Charmin soft and doesnt inspire any confidence or optimism for the future.

1 minute ago, BERT said:

Maybe he wasn’t healthy all season after that Bama game? I say this cause from that OSU game on, something didn’t look right. He looked much better tonight. That’s all I’m going by and what gives me some hope for next season. Will he be an all American next season, maybe not but I think he’ll be fine. 

I hope you are correct. An injury would be the only thing that would excuse that shitshow of a season he produced. And that would be a huge indictment on Sark to play an obviously injured QB all year like that. 

2 minutes ago, Beer Horn said:

I would agree but dor the fact the OL and rb looked like shit. Along with X showing his ass. 

the OL is young and inexperienced, and we've done well recruiting that area. i think we'll be a lot better on the O line in '23, and i really like our freshmen RBs. i think they'll combine to be more than serviceable next year. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah but Ehlinger had leadership skills and grit. You could see the potential. You could see the want and desire to win from him. Ewers is Charmin soft and doesnt inspire any confidence or optimism for the future.

Nobody thought Ehlinger was gonna turn out the way he did. 

and if you go back and watch after that worthy second drop. Quinn is pissed walking off the field. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

the OL is young and inexperienced, and we've done well recruiting that area. i think we'll be a lot better on the O line in '23, and i really like our freshmen RBs. i think they'll combine to be more than serviceable next year. 

Ha. So is the QB 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

This context being ignored for the season is honestly kind of wild. 

Some of yall havent played one snap of football in your life and it shows. Yes he is a RS freshman, but its the body of work and the overall regression he went through as the season went on. The lack of leadership, the poor decision making, the intangibles. Some players are hyped bigtime with 5 star ratings but cant really take the next step when the get to the collegiate level. Ewers looks like a man in over his head, not a man about uncork a can of whoopass on the NCAA next year. Manning era will begin in 2023. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

I like our OL recruiting also just very disappointing with what i saw tonight 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Man if only our QB had these built in excuses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Ewers looks like a man in over his head, not a man about uncork a can of whoopass on the NCAA next year. Manning era will begin in 2023. 

If you think 18 year old Arch would light the college football world on fire you are kidding yourself. He will also have lots of ups and downs and wtf moments early in his career even after he redshirts.

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

If you think 18 year old Arch would light the college football world on fire you are kidding yourself. He will also have lots of ups and downs and wtf moments early in his career even after he redshirts.

Quinn threw for 369, Arch would have thrown for 370 easy while being a vocal leader and willing Worthy to catch passes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

When it became a 2 score game, he was standing there (taking to no one) and chewing on his mouthpiece. Not scheming with coaches or hyping people up. Just thinking about the deer blind he will be in 8 hours. Lacks the intangibles and survival instincts.

Good lord. Quinn may fail but it’s not because of a 5 second out of context clip the cameras showed you. 

• Like 4

I'm just here to say I'm proud of him for working his ass off over the month and it showed. Too bad Worthy couldn't catch or else it would have been something special. Hopefully Cook comes in and tears it up. Dude has amazing hands. And let's hope J-Whitt comes back to go along with Sanders. He has the most catches of a Texas tight end in history, I believe. Duce should take notice. I'm not giving up that dream. The staff can show him that we actually use the TE position as much as Georgia. It's between us and Georgia. USC is out of it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

How could anyone come away from tonight not impressed with how he performed without his two top RB options. The dude turned in a great performance. He was the least of our issues tonight and gave me some hope for next season. Now we have to find him a decent RB, a WR who won't drop wide open passes, and an OL to block for him. A tall order for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He may or may not be the guy but he was monumentally better tonight than he has been in any game post-OU.

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

How could anyone come away from tonight not impressed with how he performed without his two top RB options. The dude turned in a great performance. He was the least of our issues tonight and gave me some hope for next season. Now we have to find him a decent RB, a WR who won't drop wide open passes, and an OL to block for him. A tall order for sure. 

Truth.

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Ehlinger was a fucking gem , I can't even think of of another qb we've had with that level of grit and it factor. Maybe VY? 

Other than not being ehlinger what's your point ? 

Ewers was dine tonight. Our wrs need some serious improvement to catch a fucking ball. Did you not see the washing receiver catch a ball at his feet ? What receiver on our team could do that . Fucking none of them.

If we had a duverney or lhj we'd have won that game and probably be playoff bound

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 2

So I was at the game. I had been down on eweres since okie st. He had been playing like shit. I went to the baylor game too.
I do have to say at least seeing him in person tonight he looked good to me. He was walking the sidelines talking to players. He looked pissed on those deep balls. But he seems like a QB that doesnt want his receivers other teammates to think hes pissed or rattled. Warming up his arm looks stout as shit.
I think he played good. OL was shit. Worthy looked disinterested and lazy. If that shit doesnt hit him in hss hands he wont lift his arms, dive, slow down, speed up, nada. Then the mfer goes and drops one right in his hands that woulda been a td?? Fuck him and his portal threats.
Just my dos centavos

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, thepop said:

Quinn threw for 369, Arch would have thrown for 370 easy while being a vocal leader and willing Worthy to catch passes.

If Arch could’ve willed X to catch the ball he’d have 425 and an additional TD. Maybe 450. X cost us the game. Ewers was great tonight. Derka smokes loads of crack. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm just here to say I'm proud of him for working his ass off over the month and it showed. Too bad Worthy couldn't catch or else it would have been something special. Hopefully Cook comes in and tears it up. Dude has amazing hands. And let's hope J-Whitt comes back to go along with Sanders. He has the most catches of a Texas tight end in history, I believe. Duce should take notice. I'm not giving up that dream. The staff can show him that we actually use the TE position as much as Georgia. It's between us and Georgia. USC is out of it. 

JT is a stud. But unless you’re talking catches for a season, David Thomas and maybe JMike and some others might wanna have a word with you. 

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

you surround him with Georgia or Alabama roster’s and he’d be very ok for an 18yo 

People need to remember that he's had exactly ONE off-season to learn the playbook. I don't know if he's the guy, but from what I saw tonight, once he digest the whole book and keeps working on his feet and throws, he could be really special. In one month we saw a kid in over his head go to making some damn good throws with little to no help from his WR'S tonight. Every qb we had that has panned out had shit seasons while getting their feet wet, and then the light clicked on. I'm hoping Quinn takes the next step in his progression and shows why he was rated as highly as he was. WR help is on the way, and even Cain showed vast improvement, and I all but gave up on him. He, too, is a RS frosh with time to grow. They're all learning the playbook. Let's give them some time before tossing them to the side. Manning would flop too if he were thrown to the wolves like Ewers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

JT is a stud. But unless you’re talking catches for a season, David Thomas and maybe JMike and some others might wanna have a word with you. 

I'm just going by what they said in a season. I should have stated that in my original post, so that's my bad. 

But yeah, Sanders is a monster and another season he'll be even more of a man against boys. Dude is absolutely legit. Shit, even Helm showed he was worth his scholly for a blocking TE out there making catches, too. We have two really good TE's, with Sanders on his way to being great. 

4 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

What if's are for morons. Maybe if he wasnt so fucking shitty all year he wouldve actually built chemistry with other receivers and wouldnt have been throwing to Worthy's dumbass and relying on him to bail him out. Learn your players and build their trust. Ewers has been underwhelming all year, stop defending him. 

The only way this could be dumber is to have been longer. 

If you want to blame the QB for an open receiver dropping a long handoff, you may not be thinking things through very well. 

it continues to absolutely baffle me that people keep bringing up sam ehlinger's freshman struggles with the framing of, "hey Sam struggled as a freshman and look what he became!" he became Major Applewhite if Major went to Westlake HS. stop acting like he was Colt McCoy, and definitely stop it with the, "we've never had anyone like him! maybe VY?" nonsense. god this fan base is delusional when it comes to that kid. he was a good-not-great qb with moxie who went 28-16 at Texas. quit talking about him like he was a two time all american, heisman winner who's just waiting for his statue to be built. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet