Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he was literally the second guy ever, after Vince Young nearly two decades prior, to get a perfect rating as a HS prospect. do you think that he, or anyone else with any affiliation to tOSU anticipated him coming squarely in dead last in their qb competition? absolutely not. 

so again- he bailed on his HS team, then he got run out of tOSU because he wasn't anywhere close to being good enough (and that's with another HC who is a "qb whisperer"), then he had an underwhelming season at Texas where he showed poor character and zero leadership when times got tough. how can you look at the last 2-3 years of his football career and say, "yeah this guy has leader written all over him"? 

Dude, he left TOSU because he was homesick, not because he "got beat out". VY absolutely sucked too when he played as a freshman (which is what QE is essentially). Who cares if he bailed on his fucking hs team? Lol. Would you want to stay in hs if you had the chance to pocket $1M and get started early? He's had exactly ONE off-season in the program and is still learning, so how about we give him some time to mature. You act like he gave himself that perfect rating. He got hurt, he was still hurting when he came back, and he finally looked like it's clicking. You're too impatient. This isn't basketball where a 5* kid can come in magically look like a man amongst boys. He's going against 22 year old men who want to kill him. Oh, and his o-line had 2 true freshmen starting. That's not good, Bob.

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

he showed poor character this year at texas??

go back and look at the threads for the last couple of regular season games, especially the TCU game. countless posts commenting on his shitty body language, and general checked out nature when Texas faced adversity. you know me- i don't just pull shit out of thin air. Quinn's body language down the stretch of the season was the exact opposite of what you want and expect from your starting qb. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude, he left TOSU because he was homesick, not because he "got beat out". VY absolutely sucked too when he played as a freshman (which is what QE is essentially). Who cares if he bailed on his fucking hs team? Lol. Would you want to stay in hs if you had the chance to pocket $1M and get started early? He's had exactly ONE off-season in the program and is still learning, so how about we give him some time to mature. You act like he gave himself that perfect rating. He got hurt, he was still hurting when he came back, and he finally looked like it's clicking. You're too impatient. This isn't basketball where a 5* kid can come in magically look like a man amongst boys. He's going against 22 year old men who want to kill him. 

you and i aren't even talking about the same thing. you're totally missing the context of my posts. everything you're quoting me on is in response to a post claiming that Quinn will be some sort of strong, silent team leader next year. every post you're making in response is as if i'm just pulling shit out of thin air in order to criticize the kid. all i'm doing is laying out the reasons why i don't foresee him "having features done about what a strong, silent leader he is."

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

and the "he needs to cut his hair" bullshit is so fucking stupid i can't believe (supposedly) educated people keep spewing it.  the length of his hair affects fucking nothing.

disagree here.

"you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes, and the press will think you're colorful. until you win 20 in the show however, it means you're a slob."

doesn't matter if you like it or agree with it, it is what it is. if you wreck shop and win a bunch of games then nobody cares if you dress yourself like a pudgy, slovenly frat boy who thinks it's cool to present himself to the world in a way that screams, "nobody should take me seriously!" but if you dress yourself and present yourself like a pudgy, slovenly frat boy and you underperform all season long, people just see you as a clown. that's just how it is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Has a Texas QB ever been given a longer leash than Ewers?  

For some reason I think some of the back of the end zone passes should be lower than the uprights of the goal. But that's just me.

And I never bad mouth any of our kids. But Ewers is semi-pro, so he can take the obvious criticism.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Has a Texas QB ever been given a longer leash than Ewers?  

For some reason I think some of the back of the end zone passes should be lower than the uprights of the goal. But that's just me.

And I never bad mouth any of our kids. But Ewers is semi-pro, so he can take the obvious criticism.

Chris Simms....

• Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

disagree here.

"you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes, and the press will think you're colorful. until you win 20 in the show however, it means you're a slob."

doesn't matter if you like it or agree with it, it is what it is. if you wreck shop and win a bunch of games then nobody cares if you dress yourself like a pudgy, slovenly frat boy who thinks it's cool to present himself to the world in a way that screams, "nobody should take me seriously!" but if you dress yourself and present yourself like a pudgy, slovenly frat boy and you underperform all season long, people just see you as a clown. that's just how it is. 

I can see it now. Ewers is up all night thinking that he threw 31-47, over 300 yards, no picks, and should of had 2 touchdowns but if he just cut his hair to a certain style then maybe people will respect him more. I don’t know why he hasn’t done it yet tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

go back and look at the threads for the last couple of regular season games, especially the TCU game. countless posts commenting on his shitty body language, and general checked out nature when Texas faced adversity. you know me- i don't just pull shit out of thin air. Quinn's body language down the stretch of the season was the exact opposite of what you want and expect from your starting qb. 

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

What the fuck is going. Quinn looked good last night. 1st half was shaky but looked real good after. I’m not saying he looked 1.000 like his 5 star rating but he looked pretty dang good to me after this roller coaster of a season. Are there things he can get better at, of course. He may never live up to his rating but if he can at least be average to above average we will be okay. Jesus Christ. Let’s at least wait till the first game to bitch if his footwork hasn’t changed.

Crazy to think all those short and intermediate passes that he is actually good at, made his deep throws look good too. Made his confidence better.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

disagree here.

doesn't matter if you like it or agree with it, it is what it is. if you wreck shop and win a bunch of games then nobody cares if you dress yourself like a pudgy, slovenly frat boy who thinks it's cool to present himself to the world in a way that screams, "nobody should take me seriously!" but if you dress yourself and present yourself like a pudgy, slovenly frat boy and you underperform all season long, people just see you as a clown. that's just how it is. 

Pot meet kettle

• Like 1

I don’t think Ewers will ever be the bold leaders that VY or SE were. He doesn’t seem to have that personality. However I also think he came in with a lot of hype that he was not necessarily ready mentally to handle. I think Sarks offense is more complicated than any Ewers has tried to run. The offensive leaders were Bijan and Roschon and Ewers was not mentally comfortable replacing them in that role. 

After getting hurt, with exception of OU, he seemed to play scared. Scared of mistakes, scared of another injury and scared of failure. Other than the OU game I feel like Sark called games scared. After OU the play designs used in games were totally different. Less motion was used, passes down the seams were nonexistent and the imagination of the offense changed. I continue to not understand why. 

With Bijan and Roschon gone next year, Ewers will have to be the offensive team leader. Hopefully some of that was seen last night. The coaches need to teach him to be the leader. The majority of the OL next year came in with Ewers. That group needs to develop a nasty streak and become five Studdards from right to left. They need to be the enforcers of the offense. A skill player fucks up and they need to answer to the OL. One of the OLs fucks up and he has to answer to the other four. An opponent fucks with Ewers or a skill player all five OL need to address it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

feel free to cite even one example of me fabricating something. 

Look ~10 pages back in this very thread when I called you out on your Sam bullshit. Or when you “forgot” you used to have a (non-existent) rap career.

You’ve gone through so many handles at this point that insinuating honesty and integrity are your key virtues is laughable at best.

• Hook 'Em 2

The kid is a RS-FR with exactly one off-season to learn the playbook. He's 19 years old and has shitty WR's. Why don't we let him learn the playbook first, get some actual WR's that can catch and then we can make judgements when he's a junior. We're all guilty of making judgements about a kid (he's literally a kid who's 19) who just arrived and was thrown to the wolves. Of course he was going to have a pretty shitty season. He has a WR that can't catch, 2 true frosh linemen, and was almost killed by a guy who's a first rd pick in his 2nd ever game as a college starter. Who cares he left hs early. We all would have done the same if we had the chance to pocket $1m. I'm sure he regrets it. Let's see if what he did last night can translate to next season. I'm sure he bought into the hype and thought he could just waltz in and do what he did in hs, but found out quickly that's not the case. He clearly took the time to heal after getting fucked up early, started actually taking his job seriously, and we saw what will hopefully catapult him next year. It's not his fault X can't catch (albeit he's playing the wrong position. He should be in the slot).

Once Neyor comes back he'll have a legit WR #1, and hopefully some more help from the portal, and sprinkle in some Johntay, maybe J-Whitt, more Sanders, and a legit running game with Brooks, Blue (if he comes back), and Baxter.

Let's all calm the fuck down.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

he bailed on his HS team, he got last place in the QB battle at tOSU, he's shown poor body language and zero leadership when things have gotten tough here at Texas, and your natural conclusion is that by next season quinn ewers will be the strong, silent, lead by example type. yeah, that sounds about right.

Derka, you fat fucking retard, he showed up like a week before fall camp. This has been covered ad nauseam. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Derka, you fat fucking retard, he showed up like a week before fall camp. This has been covered ad nauseam. 

man that derka is so needlessly belligerent, why can't he just converse like an adult? that guy turns every single thread into a slap fight over nothing. the guy just can't handle a differing opinion. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886y2edls0jjj75iycb6h

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Even though I saw limited games live, there were enough signals to me that the problem is that the WRs did not give 100% effort.  X against OSU in end zone of course, but does anybody else remember the first pass from Q against TCU? Went right through the WR hands, had to be X. 

Then of course the end of game possible heroics against OSU, when he threw a sharp laser ball that hit our super duper TE right in the chest!, and promptly became an int. 

Q's body language after the first pass against TCU was "here we go again, do I have to catch the ball for them?" 

It's more or less either lack of repetition or whatever that is disrupting the confidence  Q needs, combined with WRs who don't give a damn. 

Alamo Bowl Q 2nd half when completing short to intermediate passes had confidence to put the ball where it belonged.  Somebody's got to step up and make a play from the WR position.  

a bunch of football board posters have asked blacklab why he hasn't permabanned me. he told me this maybe 9-10 months ago. my response was simply to say, "read the threads for yourself. these people who want me banned are the very people derka'ing the threads. it ain't me." ever since then i've occasionally pm'd blacklab to direct him towards some of the threads where this BS happens. this thread is the latest example.  here's a screenshot of the pm i just sent to blacklab:

34AF3CCF-0A3F-4C50-A469-75F7AAF4D429.thumb.jpeg.d113b615bb68c258a9a2347e622a54ff.jpeg

you guys disagree with my football takes, and you make it nasty and personal towards me, like mean, angry children. you curse me out, you literally post personal videos of me exercising to shame me for being fat (which only happened due to the medication i take for my chronic illness which has been slowly killing me for years), you call me a fat fucking retard, and then you turn around and somehow convince yourselves that it's not you- it's me. it's so crazy.

there's a bunch of you guys who take this shit way too seriously and personally, only to turn around and push the idea that it's me, not you, who is doing this bull shit up and down the thread. on my best day i think you guys need to grow up. on my worst days i plan on name dropping y'all in my suicide note. yeah. it's like that. 

grow the fuck up. keep it about football. stop projecting your own immaturity and overly emotional posting style onto me. and find even a modicum of self awareness while you're at it. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Quinn is … okay.  He was supposed to be the best prospect and a sure fire thing from all the 9.95ers coming out of high school.  He’s clearly got an elite arm and can make every throw.   He also has terrible footwork, can’t go through his progressions, and clearly needed to spend more time learning the offense.  Those things can change with time and experience but he’s now has 2 full seasons with a college program.  He made some very good throws during the game and I don’t think the loss is on him.  With that being said, the tier QBs he is supposed to be in all have some dog in them.  They win.  Guys like Lawrence, Bryce Young, Tua, Caleb Williams, etc all played either their freshman or RS freshman years and looked great in big time games.  Those guys put the team on their backs and make plays.  At some the light has to click and he needs to dominate and be the guy that elevates the rest of the offense.  I just don’t see it to be honest.  I don’t know if it’s his personality or just very poor play most of this season prior to the Alamo bowl… I just don’t see a guy that is going to lead this team to a championship.  

It won’t matter however.  Arch is the real fucking deal and has the mindset and leadership qualities you want in a QB.  I will be shocked if he isn’t the starting QB before next season ends.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Naw man, we are paying this dude a million dollars to go out there and provide zero leadership and urgency. We cant get him to second on the depth chart fast enough. We really need Manning to pan out or our program is going to be wandering in the darkness a lot longer. Most of you all dont understand the gravity of the situation. Does Quinn even remotely resemble a consensus 5 star? Hell no

Yep.

All the great teams still playing keep rolling out freshman QBs after giving up on the previous freshman qb after about 7 or 8 total games.

Glad you aren’t a coach.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Quinn is … okay.  He was supposed to be the best prospect and a sure fire thing from all the 9.95ers coming out of high school.  He’s clearly got an elite arm and can make every throw.   He also has terrible footwork, can’t go through his progressions, and clearly needed to spend more time learning the offense.  Those things can change with time and experience but he’s now has 2 full seasons with a college program.  He made some very good throws during the game and I don’t think the loss is on him.  With that being said, the tier QBs he is supposed to be in all have some dog in them.  They win.  Guys like Lawrence, Bryce Young, Tua, Caleb Williams, etc all played either their freshman or RS freshman years and looked great in big time games.  Those guys put the team on their backs and make plays.  At some the light has to click and he needs to dominate and be the guy that elevates the rest of the offense.  I just don’t see it to be honest.  I don’t know if it’s his personality or just very poor play most of this season prior to the Alamo bowl… I just don’t see a guy that is going to lead this team to a championship.  

It won’t matter however.  Arch is the real fucking deal and has the mindset and leadership qualities you want in a QB.  I will be shocked if he isn’t the starting QB before next season ends.  

the plan has always been to redshirt Arch, but yeah- after QE's disappointing season and Arch's outstanding senior season where he seemed to really take a leap forward, it's going to end up being really difficult to RS Arch next year if these trends continue. 

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Yep.

All the great teams still playing keep rolling out freshman QBs after giving up on the previous freshman qb after about 7 or 8 total games.

Glad you aren’t a coach.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all.  I do think QBs need time.  With that said,

- Trevor Lawrence:  supplanted  Kelly Bryant in his 2nd game as a true freshman and led his team to a national championship during his college career.

- Bryce Young:  looks like a future NFL star and Heisman winner.  Has looked this way since day 1 of his RS freshman year.

-  Tua:  beats out Jalen Hurts and out plays him his freshman year.  

-  Caleb Williams:  beats out Spencer Rattler his RS freshman year.  Rattler may be a douche but he’s going to get drafted.  

Quinn in his RS freshman year looked worse than Hudson Card most of the year and I don’t think very highly of Card’s ability…

I do think Quinn is talented and can be a good P5 starter and game manager.  I do not think Quinn is the 5 star generational talent we thought he was.  Those guys show it early on.   

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

All of those guys played behind very, very good OLs. Ours is not very good.

Good quarterbacks make their OL look good. I saw Quinn get plenty of time to throw in the osu game and other games and sail every thrower. On the other hand, he was running for his life against TCU.  

Also, Clemson did not have a very very good OL.  I don’t think anyone would call the current USC OL very very good either…. Caleb Williams makes them look good.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

All of those guys played behind very, very good OLs. Ours is not very good.

I can’t remember exactly since it’s been a few months since we did this but I believe Tua’s online contained a true fresh, a redshirt, and a soph. 
Trevor I believe had two reds and a soph on his line.

Its certainly happened before where freshman QBs excel even behind young lines

and then he got last place in the QB competition and immediately switched schools. that just screams leadership, yeah?

To be fair, he never had a chance the first year at Ohio State. He was behind CJ Stroud and another 5-star QB who’d already been on campus for months, I think. Leaving SLC before his senior year was a money grab, nothing more.
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

To be fair, he never had a chance the first year at Ohio State. He was behind CJ Stroud and another 5-star QB who’d already been on campus for months, I think. Leaving SLC before his senior year was a money grab, nothing more.

He got there after fall camp started and had to go into COVID protocol, so he didn’t start practicing until late Aug/early Sept. The idea that he would just fly up the depth chart without fall camp is amazingly stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The idea that he would just fly up the depth chart without fall camp is amazingly stupid. 

again, that's not the point. this is a discussion about leadership, specifically the contention that quinn ewers will be a team leader next year. so in regards to the tOSU an battle, the point is not, "he finished last in their qb competition so clearly he sucks",  the point is, "he finished last in the qb competition and then immediately left the school for a different school where he knew he could start right away with zero real competition." This after bailing on his HS teammates and childhood friends so he could go get paid. so, to paraphrase you, the idea that QE has shown anything in the way of leadership skills is amazingly stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think he showed 5 star talent and a freshmen mind. 

dude, come on. victory just did a recap of of a bunch of recent 5* qbs who were miles better than QE at the same stage of their careers. having a big arm and occasionally showing the ability to drop a perfect throw in a tight window is nice, but QE was so poor in so many areas there is no way you can honestly say that he played like a 5* QB, or that he showed 5* talent. 5* talent isn't constantly under and over throwing deep balls, hitting rb's in the feet on screens, and missing open guys by 10 yards while throwing sidearm off his back foot with no pressure around. if you knew nothing about QE you'd think he was a 3* with a big arm who got thrown into action due to several injuries in the QB room. you'd never guess that he was the top rated prospect in the last 17-18 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

again, that's not the point. this is a discussion about leadership, specifically the contention that quinn ewers will be a team leader next year. so in regards to the tOSU an battle, the point is not, "he finished last in their qb competition so clearly he sucks",  the point is, "he finished last in the qb competition and then immediately left the school for a different school where he knew he could start right away with zero real competition." This after bailing on his HS teammates and childhood friends so he could go get paid. so, to paraphrase you, the idea that QE has shown anything in the way of leadership skills is amazingly stupid. 

Talking about a freshmen and leadership qualities is a waste of a conversation. He isn’t the leader. This was Rojo and Bijan’s team. Like I said before Studdard would tell freshmen Colt to STFU in the huddle. Does that make Colt a bad leader? Not to mention you don’t know shit about it, nor do I. I would say going up to console Worthy after two drops and was a solid leadership, but I am not looking for things to critique. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

dude, come on. victory just did a recap of of a bunch of recent 5* qbs who were miles better than QE at the same stage of their careers. having a big arm and occasionally showing the ability to drop in a perfect throw in a tight window is nice, but QE was so poor in so many areas there is no way you can honestly say that he played like a 5* QB, or that he showed 5* talent. 5* talent isn't constantly under and over throwing deep balls, hitting rb's in the feet on screens, and missing open guys by 10 yards while throwing sidearm off his back foot with no pressure around. 

I said showed 5 star talent. He certainly can uncork NFL throws. I didn’t say he played like a fully developed 5 star. There is a difference. I wouldn’t expect you to notice that nuance though. You ran in here to complain about a 370 yard, no Int, and 1 TD performance. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet