Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

There was a lot I really liked about the game last night. Lots and lots of positive stuff. 
I have been extremely bullish on our chances for the season. 
Game day is coming to town- that’s always fun. Feels exciting to see the energy in the program right now. 
I’m afraid it isn’t going to be particularly close fellas. 
Convince me I’m wrong. Or just lie to me. 
I will have another thread with last weeks winners, and a total scoreboard, plus post of the week. 
predictions for game and contest will go there.  
Hook ‘Em high like an eagle soars as Bill in Sinton would say, but I don’t think we would need his lecture on focusness this week. They shall have 100% of ours I am sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is the first Texas game in....maybe my lifetime where I feel like a moral victory could be taken in a close loss. We're supposed to get blown out by at least 3 scores, so if we can somehow beat the spread and lose a relatively close game, I think that bodes well for the rest of our season and would give our players a lot of confidence going into Big 12 play. Obviously I would much prefer to win outright, but pretty much every bounce would have to go our way Saturday for that to happen. I'm not counting on it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I was front row at the game last night.  I too saw a lot of positives.  That said we have zero chance of beating Bama.  None.  Zip.  Nada.

Let's just hope we keep it within 3 scores.

Any other assessment is just blind hope.

Yeah, I mostly fall into this camp but then I think....but aggy beat them and start thinking...

Kombucha No But GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

This will be a good experience for the team. Get them some good game reps. It will look much like the way when my staff and I suited up for a fun scrimmage against our 6th grade pop Warner team.

we are David’s younger brother learning to walk. They are goliaths pissed off older brother with a diff story line  it sucks game day will be there 

5 hours ago, The Deuce said:

We are currently a 5’7 320lb fat piece of shit. We want to be 160lb, and fuckin ripped. Our path to get there includes Exercise/diet/proper rest. A cheat meal (Bama loss) is fine as an isolated event, and doesn’t nullify your ability to achieve your end goal. Having a cheat meal turn into a cheat week…… decreasing your motivation to go work out……..etc…. And you always remain Fat Ketch.

Shit.  I'm going to go run a few miles.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Look, Georgia was supposed to murder us and we beat their ass.

LSU was supposed to murder us, and we were in that game until the end.

I expect us to show up well-prepared and unafraid.  Will that be enough to overcome the roster inequities?  Probably not.  But some of y'all expecting them to beat us by 35+ need to look around our program for Charlie Strong and Tom Herman, and when you don't find them you can bring your nuts out of cryostasis and let them hang again.

We're gonna give them a fight.

This.  Bama' played 4 true road games last year.  They beat the Pirate by 30 and the rest were one possession games.  A loss to aggy with Calzada at QB and a couple of two point wins against a shitty Florida team that fired its coach and Auburn, who also wasn't that great last year.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I expect us to show up well-prepared and unafraid.  Will that be enough to overcome the roster inequities?  Probably not.  But some of y'all expecting them to beat us by 35+ need to look around our program for Charlie Strong and Tom Herman, and when you don't find them you can bring your nuts out of cryostasis and let them hang again.

Yea but if I go into the game expecting to get beat 56-7 and we hang I’ll be happy instead of expecting to hang or win the game. Helps with my drinking.

5 hours ago, The Deuce said:

Bama has the advantage in :

1) Roster talent (accounting for depth as well)

2) Experience

3) Coaching/Discipline 

4) Scheme/assignment/playbook understanding and comprehension 

5) they have a guy named Kool-Aid In the defensive backfield.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

2018 Georgia game was different. We had a shitload of talent on Defense, a solid Offensive line, and Duvernay/CJ/LJH. That was a CFP team sabotaged by Beck and Orlando. 

I do agree with you on us not getting ass raped next week though. I thing we hang around until late in 3Q, where Bama’s depth becomes too much to overcome and they eventually pull away by 2 possessions.

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean I’m not saying this weekend is a certain loss, but im putting the win probability on the lower end. 

Simply lining straight up against them and exchanging blows isn’t going to cut it. We don’t “out talent” them. 

I’ve got faith that Sark is able to scheme people open and facilitate mismatches that favor us. It just will most likely have to be done out of 12,21,22 personnel packages, IMO. Protection assistance will need to be offered to keep Quinn protected enough to execute the play call. Chip and release into vacancies type of plays. Maybe we see some go-go type of variations. I’m just guessing, but I have no doubt that Sark has something up his sleeve. In game adjustments will be crucial either way though. Here’s to hoping our boys can execute 🤘🏼

Edited by The Deuce
  • Hook 'Em 3

Well they haven’t played a road out of conference game since 2011 so there’s that

Stop with the disinformation.

They’ve played played road games in Arlington like 3 times, Atlanta about 4 times and also had to hit the road to Orlando to play Louisville.

So you gotta credit them for venturing out of their comfort zone basically every season.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I will be surprised if we score more than 14.  I think our offense is not good, even though it has 3 really good skill players.  Defense just doesn’t have the athletes to hang.  It’s going to be grossly one-sided.  45-10.  

I'm in this camp, our oline is terrible, ULM had 3 sacks.. Bama is going to live in our backfield

35-7 at half

52-17 final, we get some garbage points in the 4th