Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

To paraphrase:

On any given Saturday, you're going to win or lose.

They've got their men, we've got ours. Which men are willing to give the most.

1. Total focus in practice.                    2. Practice to win.      3. Lift up and support your brothers.                 4. Attack every play and every assignment like it was your last moment on earth.       4. Be willing to bleed and die for your brothers.             5. Don't worry about the scoreboard,  100% effort and mental focus and the scoreboard will take care of itself.       6. Leave the field knowing there is not 1 single thing more you could have done and you have left absolutely everything you have on the number field and you will not fail. 

HOOK 'EM!

Reformatted the damned thing 3 times and it won't stick...sorry

Reformat the numbering and it will work.

1 hour ago, Royale with cheese said:

B-52's were first put in service around 1955. I don't know when the last airframe was made, but it had to have been a hell of a long time ago. Armybrat could probably tell us. If Eddie Ricketyback's going to crash on the flyover, at least let it hit the 'Bama sideline. (I've got under 64.5) 

I shouldn't complain--at least it's not a DC-3 . . .

First flight was '52, should be easy to recall. First delivery was '55.  I think they were built for 10 years, so the last one would be built in '62. I believe USAF has been re-building existing stock for a few years. Not as impressive as the DC-3 in terms of longevity, but they're still flying.

They are designing new engines (Rolls Royce) for the BUFF, upgrading the cockpit electronics, the struts, and the engine mounts.  These upgrades should increase the range and fuel efficiency and are expected to keep them flying into the 2050s.  The first BUFFs entered service before I was born, and I expect them to still be in service after I'm gone.  Unless of course, Putin decides that he wants to go out in a nukular blaze of glory.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It's beginning to sound like we might need a Bama versus the greatest armies in history thread, based on some of y'all's pussy ass posts

There was no pussy ass post in that thread. Most were confident Vince was going to push their shit in and our defense was much better then theirs and most were predicting the national media was in for a surprise. So no not like that thread at all. Comparing this team to that time frame is idiotic and comparing this Bama team to either of those two teams may be a bit much. No need to tarnish a classic by bringing it up.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

There was no pussy ass post in that thread. Most were confident Vince was going to push their shit in and our defense was much better then theirs and most were predicting the national media was in for a surprise. So no not like that thread at all. Comparing this team to that time frame is idiotic and comparing this Bama team to either of those two teams may be a bit much. No need to tarnish a classic by bringing it up.

stripes lighten GIF

Wait till you Texas fans visit Tuscaloosa next year. They have a pretty wet and decently wide enough river, and a cool one story mall so you don’t have to wait in line at the escalators, potentially. Oh and the BMW factory is a few kilometers up the road.

I also seem to recall an automated car wash establishment but that could have been in Huntsville so don’t get your hopes too high.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Nightmare fuel everywhere. What the fuck. That photo smells like hairspray and hot dogs. 

LMAO you're not kidding.  At first I thought some Cosby wanna be slipped some LSD in coffee.

I mean, not only were the faces terrifying it looked they were moving.

On 9/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, Blotto said:

I dont give a fuck about that game, because we arent rolling out Card at QB*. We have talent, we are playing at home, we need to fucking show up. I get QE is young, which is why I dont expect a win. But if he is truly a generational QB, he can start by showing it next week and playing solid. Giving Bama a competitive game isnt asking that much...Mullen, Jimbo, Coach O, Pittman, and Harsin were able to do it last year. 

* if QE gets injured we're fucked

Arkansas did give Bama a bit of a game last year, but scored a meaningless touchdown in the closing seconds that distorted the actual closeness of the game.

However, your point about their loss to Jimbo + Georgia, and the other reasonably close games does dull their reputation as the bullies on the block.

Over the years one thing they have hurt Arkansas with is special teams. They have so much talent that their special teams are littered with four and five stars. Not that we were competitive with them most of the time, but kick or punt returns for touchdowns are somewhat demoralizing. 

Good luck, guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not as bad as I would’ve thought from the computer model.  There are many opinions being thrown around but the truth is that nobody really knows how good Quinn actually is. If he is elite then this will be a closer game than most experts realize. Also, the biggest key to the game is probably the run game, if we can get Bijan going then we can play with anybody. People also forget that like 5 of Bama’s conference games were one score games until late in the 4th (Aggy, Auburn, UF, LSU, Arky) it’s not like they were just destroying people last year. 

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

14 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

B-52's were first put in service around 1955. I don't know when the last airframe was made, but it had to have been a hell of a long time ago. Armybrat could probably tell us. If Eddie Ricketyback's going to crash on the flyover, at least let it hit the 'Bama sideline. (I've got under 64.5) 

I shouldn't complain--at least it's not a DC-3 . . .

last airframe was made in the early 60s i think? and the latest upgraded ones are supposed to be in service until like 2050.

pretty amazing all the way around.

I think we are going to see a ton of 21 package. I only recall seeing 1 play of it against ULM. It should force Alabama to stay in their base package putting linebackers on both running backs and leaving a mismatch at the TE. That package brings in tons of possibilities, allows RBs' to chip the ends and puts our strength against one of their perceived weaknesses.

Quick midweek Texas football practice notes ahead of Alabama

Eric Nahlin•42 minutes

Article written by:Eric Nahlin

Barryn Sorrell (Will Gallagher/Inside Texas)

As expected, from the sound of things the program is having a good early week of practice. We’ll see if that holds up today, but per one source, “Attention to detail is even tightened up from last week, a little more focused, a little more dialed in. Full pads on Tuesday went well, it was physical, guys were flying around. They know what they have on their plate.”

They did run a couple of team portions on Tuesday and the immediate question is, how did Quinn Ewers look? “Quinn looked good in team, getting more and more comfortable. I say that because he’s taking better care of the ball. The defense didn’t turn him over.”

Sark said this in his PC, but watching Alabama, the threat of pass appears more concerning than the run. This is a pretty stark difference to Bama in the past, even with their modernized passing game over the last several years. “Their receivers are good, but whoever is covering No. 80 (freshman Kobe Prentice) in particular has their hands full.”

It’s tough to call a game versus UL-M a break out, but Barryn Sorrell played very well. “I think he played great, but it didn’t surprise me. He’s been doing this since the spring. He’s been growing, he’ll be a real good player and team leader. This week is a good chance to build off UL-M.”

That was one way practice reports shined through, another was effort and pursuit. “Coaches were pleased. Of course there is a lot to improve but they were happy with that and from the sound of things you’ll definitely see that this week, too.”

A couple personnel notes:

We expect Jaylon Guilbeau to continue to play a lot at Star. We believe he’ll start again ahead of Jahdae Barron. “Like Sorrell, he’s another one who has played like this since back in the spring and over the summer.”

Alabama transfer wide receiver Agiye Hall has returned to practice. This was expected after he suited up on Saturday, but we just wanted to state it definitively.

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I don’t like my chicken to look like somebody jerked off on it would work as well.  

I dunno man.  Alabama white sauce is delicious, even if it looks like you got a rotisserie chicken from Krispy Kreme.  Don't fear the BBQ Bird Bukake.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

I dunno man.  Alabama white sauce is delicious, even if it looks like you got a rotisserie chicken from Krispy Kreme.  Don't fear the BBQ Bird Bukake.   

Different strokes for different folks.  I’ve been to Big Bob Gibson’s and thought it sucked.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I don’t like my chicken to look like somebody jerked off on it would work as well.  

The OG Dreamland had only ribs and no sides other than white bread. The only beer I ever saw there was Red Stripe. They didn't do much, but their ribs were legit. The new versions since Big Rufus died try to be more full service. Nothing to write home about. But that first shack on the southside of Tuscaloosa was worth the trip.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Not as bad as I would’ve thought from the computer model.  There are many opinions being thrown around but the truth is that nobody really knows how good Quinn actually is. If he is elite then this will be a closer game than most experts realize. Also, the biggest key to the game is probably the run game, if we can get Bijan going then we can play with anybody. People also forget that like 5 of Bama’s conference games were one score games until late in the 4th (Aggy, Auburn, UF, LSU, Arky) it’s not like they were just destroying people last year. 

This is where I’m at. All I’ve ever heard about Ewers is that he’s the answer. “HE’S ONE OF THREE PERFECTLY RATED PROSPECTS RAWRR.” I’ve seen nothing from him that says he’s elite. This isn’t SLC vs. Duncanville. He couldn’t separate in camp, looks like he’s never seen a collge strength and conditioning program, and has simply shown me nothing to believe we ought to pin all our hopes to this guy.

I hope like hell he is elite. But it’s a cautious optimism, or perhaps a cautious pessimism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 10