Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Really? Before that game we had only lost one game to the eventual #1 team in the country by a slim margin. We were ranked #3 ahead of #4 Miami. The feel you are talking about only came about during the game as we were getting crushed.

Kinda what I'm exemplifying. 2022 can still be a great season. However, as you can see some of our Longhorn faithful here say "you're a bitch, pussy, etc" if you don't fall in line and say "Horns by 100". There's probably going to be a few moments on Saturday where those folks that are expecting Texas to hang with Bama say "damn, I thought we'd be better than this." 

We're too young, too inexperienced, and just not ready to compete against that, yet. The final score won't be close. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

He said as much (recruiting exposure) during his Monday press conference.

They play the ags inside the state of Texas every other year... and yet they schedule their first true OOC road game in a decade against Texas for the recruiting exposure.

That's telling.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Kinda what I'm exemplifying. 2022 can still be a great season. However, as you can see some of our Longhorn faithful here say "you're a bitch, pussy, etc" if you don't fall in line and say "Horns by 100". There's probably going to be a few moments on Saturday where those folks that are expecting Texas to hang with Bama say "damn, I thought we'd be better than this." 

We're too young, too inexperienced, and just not ready to compete against that, yet. The final score won't be close. 

So are you saying you expected Texas to get rolled by Miami on our home turf before the start of the 1991 Cotton Bowl?

3 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

image.gif.84c4a3b2aa75740711fd75cb5de4ba4c.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Below block quote is from today’s RollBamaRoll column. It echoes somebody’s take from above. I agree.
Look, I have seen every Bama-Texas game since 3-3 in the first Bluebonnet Bowl. This betting spread is Alice in Woderland bullshit, designed for a group circle jerk when Bama fails to cover or loses straight up. One last thing: watch for false starts and delays of game by my guys. If >5 in first half . . . “Irene, good night, good night Ireeene, good night.” Still and all, we’re 1-7-1 vs y’all and I want to get that evened up before I croak, and I’m not getting any younger. Here’s thevRBR stuff:

This is what concerns me about facing Sark’s offense. I’m fairly confident the defense will affect Ewers all game; and that Bijan Robinson can be bottled up, but Alabama’s kryptonite has been backs and tight ends in space. Kirby couldn’t scheme against it; Baldy couldn’t; Tosh was busy eating crayons on the sidelines; Scruffy McPartypants can’t defend it either.

Alabama practically kept Dan Mullen employed over the last decade with its inability to defends tight ends and backs in the passing game. I still have nightmares of Kyle Pitts, Josh Robinson, and Kadarius Toney loping in our secondary like the freest of gazelle on the African savanna. And, really, who can forget that charming two-game swing against Mizzou and A&M in 2020, where Alabama helped get two tight ends drafted. 

So, uh yeah. Let’s cover those guys, please?

On defending running backs and tight ends in the passing game...

“It depends. The linebackers are not running backs. Jahmyr Gibbs, their No. 5 (Bijan Robinson), is probably a little better athlete than some of our guys that are gonna be covering him, so they gotta do a great job in technique. We gotta affect the quarterback so he doesn’t have a lot of time to throw it. So hopefully if we can make them protect sometimes, we won’t have to cover them. But he is a good player, and I’ve said it many times: tight ends and running backs are mismatch players because linebackers are bigger, more physical guys and they’ve gotta be really good athletes to be able to play in space to cover them. I think our guys have improved and I have confidence in our guys, but it’ll be a challenge for them

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

All. Of. This

Sorry sunshine pumpers.

• Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yards per play was 4.9 for Rice last season 4.0 for ULM last week. 

this includes these wonderful drives once Card came in the game:

• 3 plays, 0 yards, punt
  • 3 plays, -4 yards, punt
  • 11 plays, 62 yards, TD
  • 3 plays, -2 yards, punt

that is 20 plays, 56 total yards, 2.8 yards per play (take out the last 3 plays which were 3 handoffs to Blue and you have 17 plays for 58 yards or 3.4 yards per play)

I'm too lazy to calculate it with Ewers, but needless to say turn at QB wasn't what drug the YPP down.

looking at the 2022 Yards per Play (excludes non-garbage possessions) from FEI:

#3 in offensive yards per play: Alabama: 9.69 yards per play, literally 100% of their plays went for more than 4 yards and 50% of their plays went for more than 10 yards. (#1 is Vanderbilt lol 9.83 YPP)

Texas was #11 in OPP, 8.08, 85.7% went for more than 4 yards and 14.3% went for 10+

last year vs Rice was literally the #22 best offensive game in the FEI database for 2022 (overall the 99th percentile result, 98th percentile result for offense - which followed the Arkansas game which was literally a 13th percentile offensive result)

Texas drive chart in the Rice Game went TD, INT (1 play), TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, downs. it was literally in garbage time before the 1st half ended. 2021 Rice was the #117 overall FEI team, #110 offense, #110 Defense. they were behind UL Monroe, Kent State, Texas State and Vanderbilt.

Texas was somehow even better in the TTU game on offense (99th percentile)

image.png.2344e837279820ca422e4ac5a0d40bea.png

Game Ratings measure possession efficiency performances against FBS opponents. Game results (R) indicate the final score (Final) and the score at the conclusion of non-garbage possessions in the game (NG Final). Overall game ratings (GR), offense game ratings (OGR), and defense game ratings (DGR) are opponent-adjusted per possession team and unit performance measures. The per possession value generated by special teams units and defensive returns (SGR) is not opponent-adjusted. Each game rating includes the percentile rating (Pct) and rank of the performance relative to all other team and unit ratings recorded this season.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

So are you saying you expected Texas to get rolled by Miami on our home turf before the start of the 1991 Cotton Bowl?

No shleprock. I'm drawing similarities between the two games/teams that will display the talent gap at Texas just like the game in 1991 did. I mean FFS, did you go to Tech? Fucking dense man. 

9 hours ago, bamachine said:

Just sticking my nose out of PIHB to say fuck y'all until around 3PM this coming Saturday, then I will consider you just regular ol' assholes again.

Hopefully you show up here complaining that your team didn’t really want to be there and crying about how y’all got fucked by the refs.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

As one would expect, this did not go over well over on secrant:

Newsflash: We are joining the conference to take your money

Posted by Sergio J iconTexas.gif on 9/7/22 at 1:02 pm
Texas made a business decision. That’s it. We didn’t join because of the mighty history of the “SEC-SEC-SEC”. We didn’t join to get back old rivalries. We didn’t join out of respect for the existing schools in the conference. We just decided that we are no longer going to solely support the welfare program that is the Big 12. ESPN decided to make the SEC their cash cow, so we are going to take advantage of that. 

We didn't join the conference to listen to bottom tier teams talk about how great the "SEC SEC SEC" is football.  

We didn't join to listen to you make fun of the politics of Austin, when almost universally the SEC states are the worst run states in the country.  

We certainly didn't join to be a part of a conference of such great academic institutions and standing. Hell, our system schools blow most SEC schools out of the water academically.  

We didn't join to listen to you tell us how great your BBQ is. FYI, pork is for bacon and poor people.  

That being said, you Bama folks enjoy your time in Austin. But please remember what I've said here when you wonder why we aren’t all “RA RA SEC” like pathetic schools do. 

He forgot to add:

We're Texas, y'all are the SEC

• Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, Teague said:

It was kind of a retarded post, if you're honest. You're basically suggesting you'll be contributing nothing. You're just going to be a leach, like Vandy?

Anyway,  welcome to the forum, Me. I come in relative peace. I'm old. I've been around the forums since the dawn of time, including shaggy. I'm a Bama fan, and, while I'll never live up to the sophistication, wealth, and tooth quantity you Texas elites have, I can type purty good, and I've watched a lot of Bama football.

His point of the greatness of your academic institutions has been made based on your reading comprehension. He just said we contribute so much TV market that we were able to support the BIG XII welfare state.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Baconboy said:

I think you’re mixing up Ovie with Overshown. Overshown wears lots of armbands. He also records lots of tackles and we do indeed have to play him.

Dude, Cajun isn't here to discuss football or facts. He's briefly left the baseball board simply to drive by here and tell everyone they're all dumbasses for being fans headed into this game. Don't confuse him with data about who is who on the personnel side of things, you're wasting your time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

SECRant is legitimately the largest collection of room temperature IQ morons on the Internet. The fact that cusswords are edited out makes it even pathetic. I was linked to a thread recently in which it devolved into several factions typing variations of "frick you" at one another while onlookers upvoted their favorites. I clicked out during my scroll, as it quickly became obvious that I was losing brain cells via reading the content. 

Some of the higher IQ SEC Rant members know that the curse word filter is a setting that can be turned off. 

• Haha 6

Just now, closetojumping said:

Cool. If I ever get bored and feel like clubbing baby seals, I'll try to remember that before posting there.

Just take it easy on us over there. We've already seen enough of your wit to know you're a force to be reckoned with. 

11 hours ago, El Squared said:

Greg McElroy is the Craig James of the early 2000s

I didn't know Greg McElroy killed five hookers while at Alabama? Greg McElroy killed five hookers while at Alabama! That's crazy that  Greg McElroy killed five hookers while at Alabama.

"But please remember what I've said here when you wonder why we aren’t all “RA RA SEC” like pathetic schools do. "

Blah blah blah all the other stuff but I hope our students and moron bandwagon fans don't start the SEC SEC chant once we are in the SEC.  The only acceptable time to cheer SEC SEC SEC is when beating a strong SEC team while still affiliated with the Big XII (a la beating Georgia).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Sark mentioned that a couple of those deep balls involved some route confusion.  Quinn was expecting Worthy to go to a different spot. They weren’t necessarily bad throws. Not all of them anyway.  

What if, and bear with me here, they were sandbagging on those deep balls to lull bama into thinking they couldn’t make those throws? 

5d chess, bitches.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

As one would expect, this did not go over well over on secrant:

Newsflash: We are joining the conference to take your money

Posted by Sergio J iconTexas.gif on 9/7/22 at 1:02 pm
Texas made a business decision. That’s it. We didn’t join because of the mighty history of the “SEC-SEC-SEC”. We didn’t join to get back old rivalries. We didn’t join out of respect for the existing schools in the conference. We just decided that we are no longer going to solely support the welfare program that is the Big 12. ESPN decided to make the SEC their cash cow, so we are going to take advantage of that. 

We didn't join the conference to listen to bottom tier teams talk about how great the "SEC SEC SEC" is football.  

We didn't join to listen to you make fun of the politics of Austin, when almost universally the SEC states are the worst run states in the country.  

We certainly didn't join to be a part of a conference of such great academic institutions and standing. Hell, our system schools blow most SEC schools out of the water academically.  

We didn't join to listen to you tell us how great your BBQ is. FYI, pork is for bacon and poor people.  

That being said, you Bama folks enjoy your time in Austin. But please remember what I've said here when you wonder why we aren’t all “RA RA SEC” like pathetic schools do. 

Love it. Go in like Ric Flair as the NWA Champ to Jonesboro, AR, Valdosta, GA, or Anderson, SC and tell all the yokels how our shoes cost more than their car. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1