Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, Smax said:

I'm in this camp, our oline is terrible, ULM had 3 sacks.. Bama is going to live in our backfield

35-7 at half

52-17 final, we get some garbage points in the 4th

Offensive scheming and play designs to gain advantages is what Sark does. He’s not just going to allow Quinn to be a sitting duck back there while Bama defenders take turns teeing off on him. We are scoring atleast 3 TD’s on Bama this weekend. Book that fuckin shit

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

The fact that Bill O’Brien is still calling plays for Alabama will make the game less of a blowout than a lot of people think. I’m not expecting us to win but we might be able to hold our own. They lost to aggy last year and could’ve easily lost to LSU, Florida and Auburn.

• Hook 'Em 2

Stop with the disinformation.

They’ve played played road games in Arlington like 3 times, Atlanta about 4 times and also had to hit the road to Orlando to play Louisville.

So you gotta credit them for venturing out of their comfort zone basically every season.

I said road games not “neutral site”games Guess I have to spell it out
  • Hook 'Em 5

We are going to come out swinging, punch them in the face, and then let the dominoes fall where they will.

Will an early opponent be able to put them on their heels, or are they as hungry as they need to be after last year’s NC loss?

Let’s hope they drink all the rat poison that says we have no chance.

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

will we see Brock vs Brock?

We only see Brock v Brock if we get completely destroyed.

I think we see a different looking team next week. We held our cards and still cruised with some earned non-offensive TDs. 

The defense is gonna look completely different, and you know Sark has been planning for this game for a LONG time. GP has also reportedly been gameplanning for this since he was hired.

It's a huge recruiting weekend too. The coaches are gonna let their nuts hang in this game. 

It probably won't be enough, but I'd be shocked if we get blown out (21+)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Look, Georgia was supposed to murder us and we beat their ass.

LSU was supposed to murder us, and we were in that game until the end.

I expect us to show up well-prepared and unafraid.  Will that be enough to overcome the roster inequities?  Probably not.  But some of y'all expecting them to beat us by 35+ need to look around our program for Charlie Strong and Tom Herman, and when you don't find them you can bring your nuts out of cryostasis and let them hang again.

We're gonna give them a fight.

That’s what would be the goal- give them a fight , your best fight, all 4 quarters. See what happens.

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

If we can keep them under 50 and we score over 20, I’ll be happy.  I’m more worried about UTSA the next week after we get physically beat up by Bama. A loss to UTSA would be devastating to our “trajectory”. 

Good take.  

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We only see Brock v Brock if we get completely destroyed.

I think we see a different looking team next week. We held our cards and still cruised with some earned non-offensive TDs. 

The defense is gonna look completely different, and you know Sark has been planning for this game for a LONG time. GP has also reportedly been gameplanning for this since he was hired.

It's a huge recruiting weekend too. The coaches are gonna let their nuts hang in this game. 

It probably won't be enough, but I'd be shocked if we get blown out (21+)

This is all true.  But it won’t matter when Bama’s multiple top 10 picks are going up against Cole Huston, Jake Majors, Christian Jones and a hobbled Kelvin Banks.  It’s going to be hard to run the ball and hard for Quinn to have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.  Even if he gets time to throw, those Bama DBs are badasses.  If this game is within 3 TDs, give Sark and company a raise.

21 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I see all the self loathing pussies are showing up in this thread. What a sad fucking fan base. Fuck Bama, we are going to win. 

Could we get a running list of poster handles named after abject failures at HC?

Throw in the dude that wanted to fuck Jonathan Gray for good measure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Unfortunately we are gonna get run over. Just too soon and too many young guys not ready for the big stage. Mistakes will be made. We will lick our wounds and soldier on. That said, I like the direction we are headed in. Starting to see real NFL prospects on the field and its about damned time.

The other issue is they KNOW our playbook. That's a problem, and more of a problem is the book will be extremely limited. And THEY know it will be limited, and because they have the book they can predict what "lets call these to get that guy comfortable" plays we are gonna use.

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This is all true.  But it won’t matter when Bama’s multiple top 10 picks are going up against Cole Huston, Jake Majors, Christian Jones and a hobbled Kelvin Banks.  It’s going to be hard to run the ball and hard for Quinn to have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.  Even if he gets time to throw, those Bama DBs are badasses.  If this game is within 3 TDs, give Sark and company a raise.

I was surprised/impressed with skill position blocking in yesterdays game (especially JWhitt). If Bama is just blowing us up on the line and living in our backfield, expect swing passes to the flats to be a sort of “extended handoff” to give the backs space. There are always adjustments that can be made to counter the opposition. Sark just needs to be able to identify and implement it. Can/will he? Time will tell.

• Hook 'Em 1

2021 Bama Season:
- Won by 2 at Florida, who finished 6-7 and fired their coach
- Lost by 3 at aggy, who finished 8-4
- Won at home by 6 vs LSU, who finished 6-7 and fired their coach
- Won at home by 7 vs Arky who finished 9-4
- Won by 2 in 4OT at Auburn who finished 6-7, and considered firing their coach
That's 5 good to average teams who played Bama close last year. They did so because they probably didnt enter the game certain they were going to get prison raped. While I'm not expecting a win, we sure as fuck better be competitive. Its our coaching staff's job to figure out how to get these guys convinced they can win. Its why we pay Sark $6 million per (not to beat ULM by 40)
The horns have a top 10 roster in college football when it comes to talent, and we get Bama at DKR. I keep reading on this board that we're a better team this year than last, and I recall playing OU, Baylor, OSU within 10 pts. Each of those teams finished last year in the top 10. A blow out is unacceptable and would be more proof that Sark is a bum. The Horns need to let their nuts drop and give Bama a game. 

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bama doesn’t always play up to its potential, especially on the road. A&M was damn near bullying them at times last year. 

LSU had similar advantages on us in that game, and that was before we knew what they really were. 

Not saying we’re gonna win, but we have nothing to lose here and everything to gain. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

2021 Bama Season:

- Won by 2 at Florida, who finished 6-7 and fired their coach
- Lost by 3 at aggy, who finished 8-4
- Won at home by 6 vs LSU, who finished 6-7 and fired their coach
- Won at home by 7 vs Arky who finished 9-4
- Won by 2 in 4OT at Auburn who finished 6-7, and considered firing their coach

That's 5 good to average teams who played Bama close last year. They did so because they probably didnt enter the game certain they were going to get prison raped. While I'm not expecting a win, we sure as fuck better be competitive. Its our coaching staff's job to figure out how to get these guys convinced they can win. Its why we pay Sark $6 million per (not to beat ULM by 40)

The horns have a top 10 roster in college football when it comes to talent, and we get Bama at DKR. I keep reading on this board that we're a better team this year than last, and I recall playing OU, Baylor, OSU within 10 pts. Each of those teams finished last year in the top 10. A blow out is unacceptable and would be more proof that Sark is a bum. The Horns need to let their nuts drop and give Bama a game. 

Now do Arkansas vs Texas…

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

The emergence of JT Sanders is maybe the best news we got last night. An athletic TE with good hands is such a weapon. Gunnar Helm and Juan Davis are also great backups.

It’s certainly a valuable asset that’s been lacking on our roster for numerous years. The ability to have run/pass flexibility in personnel packages prevents the defense from diagnosing and adjusting pre-snap. Eventually, I’d assume Sark will have multiple run/pass options based out of one formation that he will allow Quinn to audible into based on defensive alignment . Probably nowhere near that stage at this point, though.