Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

On 9/7/2022 at 8:42 PM, Fico said:

If you can't see that our defense played better than they did against Rice last year then I don' know what to tell you. 

If you think that means anything as it relates to Bama then I don't know what to tell you either.

Teams typically take their biggest leap from games 1 to 2. That is more evident with younger squads. This is obviously a hell of a test but these motherfuckers ain't god.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

These motherfuckers bleed.

Holy shit was I wrong. You nailed it. Glad I backed down when I did.

• 3 months later...

Hell, I get pissed every time I even think about

60 Bluebonnet - 3-3 tie WTF?!

64 Orange Bowl - goal line gimpy Namath vs manbull Nobis

72 Cotton Bowl - Tx rb ran out of bounds left on called td

80 Cotton Bowl - can’t remember why but still pissed

DKR 3 - PWB 0

It all evens up eventually - bad calls, bonehead plays, weird shit, breaks. Bottom line, Bama trails all time by what, four games?! See you in Tuscaloosa, us with an untested qb and probably several new coaches and/or coordinators, BoB being our handicap if he’s still here. Bring the chaps girls, mmmm hmm! Hope the TV guys will set this one for a night kickoff. No injuries and no bad calls.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

DKR 3 - PWB 0

It all evens up eventually - bad calls, bonehead plays, weird shit, breaks. Bottom line, Bama trails all time by what, four games?! See you in Tuscaloosa, us with an untested qb and probably several new coaches and/or coordinators, BoB being our handicap if he’s still here. Bring the chaps girls, mmmm hmm! Hope the TV guys will set this one for a night kickoff. No injuries and no bad calls.

The series is 7-2-1 Texas

42 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

The series is 7-2-1 Texas

I stand corrected. A tip of the hat to you for not being too lazy to look it up. Also, the corches’ records should be

DKR 2–0-1

PWB 0-3-1

Akers 1-0-0

And, it was the 82 Cotton Bowl. Texas came back from 10-0 to win 14-12, wisely giving up a safety near the end. Texas’ one td was on a qb draw, 36 yards by Brewer. The game is on YouTube if you enjoy blurry lo-def video and the voice of Lindsey Nelson.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

DKR 3 - PWB 0

In the 1/1/73 Cotton Bowl it was UT QB Alan Lowrey that Bama claimed stepped out bounds on the winning touchdown run in the final minutes.  They of course were completely wrong