Top Gun 2

Red Five

5 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

I've given up on Cruise being in a terrible movie now.  Somehow the fucker just keeps on making entertaining as hell movies.  This one will probably be the same.

Tom Cruise is brilliant when it comes to making a bad movie great.  That's his entire catalog if you think about it.

He's also been an A list star for 30 years, which is an accomplishment in itself.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Hoping this movie is 98% aerial action scenes with no CGI. 

Cruise just said on Conan... NO CGI. He wants the audience experience of you being in the cockpit. Just noticed it's going to be released in IMAX.

Edited by RPM
speeling
  • Like 4

Cruise just said on Conan... NO CGI. He wants the audience experience of you being in the cockpit. Just noticed it's going to be released in IMAX.

If this is true, then my dick just moved. I was in when I heard “Top Gun 2”. I’ve been waiting for part dos of this movie to come out since my mom purchased the VHS for my 9th birthday. I don’t care how badly awesome it is, I’m taking Little Homesick to see it in the IMAX, just to one up my dad who took me to see it when I was Little Homesick’s age back in ‘86.

That said, there’s absolutely no way that I can’t invite LTC (Ret) Homesick Senior to come with. We’re so fucking doing this.

Parliament, your comment makes me think that the model airplanes you built as a kid were probably all MIGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, RPM said:

Yeah, I might see it in IMAX, three times in a row.  Loved the original, and the trailer looked great. 

13 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Ahhh that shot at the end of the trailer.  Yeeeaaahh.

only one country operates F-14s anymore, so i guess the plot is that a modern US aircraft carrier gets teleported into the caspian and the superhornets are duking it out with irgc tomcats in the alborz mountains

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not trying to be a debbie downer here but...it looks just like the first one. Maverick is a loose cannon/rebelious asshole; Drunken party at the local watering hole, music and singing galore; homoerotic beach sports; beloved friend/colleague is killed; dogfight with enemy combatants. Mix in Mav getting laid somewhere in there. I'm not saying it's trash it's just been done.

That's the same problem I had with Jurassic Park and the new Star Wars films. Yeah, I liked seeing dinos wreck shop and lightsabres, but it's the same formula. 

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Not trying to be a debbie downer here but...it looks just like the first one. Maverick is a loose cannon/rebelious asshole; Drunken party at the local watering hole, music and singing galore; homoerotic beach sports; beloved friend/colleague is killed; dogfight with enemy combatants. Mix in Mav getting laid somewhere in there. I'm not saying it's trash it's just been done.

That's the same problem I had with Jurassic Park and the new Star Wars films. Yeah, I liked seeing dinos wreck shop and lightsabres, but it's the same formula. 

Fuck you for saying Hollywood isn't original anymore.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Image result for well yeah gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Enjoy Cats the Movie b/c that hasn't been down before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If this is true, then my dick just moved. I was in when I heard “Top Gun 2”. I’ve been waiting for part dos of this movie to come out since my mom purchased the VHS for my 9th birthday. I don’t care how badly awesome it is, I’m taking Little Homesick to see it in the IMAX, just to one up my dad who took me to see it when I was Little Homesick’s age back in ‘86.

That said, there’s absolutely no way that I can’t invite LTC (Ret) Homesick Senior to come with. We’re so fucking doing this.

Parliament, your comment makes me think that the model airplanes you built as a kid were probably all MIGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that’s a helluva good call. Imma take Buzzrock Jr and Captain Buzzrock Sr (retired) to see this.

The first rule of making a great sequel is to make the same movie again.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

So?

18 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Tom Cruise is brilliant when it comes to making a bad movie great.  That's his entire catalog if you think about it.

He's also been an A list star for 30 years, which is an accomplishment in itself.

Not really.

That basically describes his early action star/leading man phase (Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Cocktail, etc.) and then his latter year action stuff (M:I films, Jack Reacher, etc.).

The middle of his career was defined by working with the great directors doing interesting roles in tons of really good movies:

• The Color of Money
  • Rain Man
  • Born on the Fourth of July
  • The Firm
  • A Few Good Men
  • Interview with the Vampire
  • Jerry Maguire
  • Vanilla Sky
  • Eyes Wide Shut
  • Magnolia
  • Minority Report
  • Collateral

That's a murderer's row of great movies made by great directors. I don't know how you could call any of those "bad."

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yep.  I loved the opening song in Top Gun, and I LOVED that they used it again in the trailer(Saw some were hoping for Highway to the Danger Zone, but I think that should be saved for the movie).

My bet is they are all singing Danger Zone while playing grab bro-ass in the new bar scene.

Although the original movie stunk ,  my 80s inner child is looking forward to the sequel   

But how fucking cool is it that Val Kilmer is coming to camp Mabry To screen the film and do a meet and greet

OK I’ll leave you tWo to  enjoy the volleyball scene this evening     My point was let’s be honest we like it for nostalgia not it’s cinematic prowess 

My point was I think it’s really fucking cool that Kilmer is coming down to camp Maybry for a lawn movie show

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Not really.

That basically describes his early action star/leading man phase (Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Cocktail, etc.) and then his latter year action stuff (M:I films, Jack Reacher, etc.).

The middle of his career was defined by working with the great directors doing interesting roles in tons of really good movies:

• The Color of Money
  • Rain Man
  • Born on the Fourth of July
  • The Firm
  • A Few Good Men
  • Interview with the Vampire
  • Jerry Maguire
  • Vanilla Sky
  • Eyes Wide Shut
  • Magnolia
  • Minority Report
  • Collateral

That's a murderer's row of great movies made by great directors. I don't know how you could call any of those "bad."

Yeah, it's prolly not fair to call them all bad.  For a stretch there, he'd make something original and quirky mixed in box office money makers.  Very strategic about it, actually.

I know people that have worked with him on the back end (no homo) and without exception, everyone says he's excellent to work with.  Smart, disciplined, professional, gets along great with everyone and a legitimate good guy.  That's what makes the space people religion so odd.

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

You're right.  It should be a coming of age movie where in mid life, Maverick finally realizes his gayness and admits that the original was battle for his sexuality between Iceman and Charlie.  Quentin Tarantino should make a cameo just to make that plot circle complete.

• Like 2