Top Gun 2

Red Five

21 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Pretty sure our naval dogfighter is the Super Hornet.

But regardless, this movie will be a bad movie.  NO WAY they can capture lightning in a bottle like the original.

Welp, bad or not, if they use the 18s, I'm in.

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Welp, bad or not, if they use the 18s, I'm in.

No two seater F-35, and it just wouldn't be Top Gun without the pilots and backseaters ripping their masks off to make cool comments to each other at every possible moment.

(it's also a Super Hornet in the picture in the OP, so you're good to go)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

No two seater F-35, and it just wouldn't be Top Gun without the pilots and backseaters ripping their masks off to make cool comments to each other at every possible moment.

(it's also a Super Hornet in the picture in the OP, so you're good to go)

Oh yeah. Barely looked at that. Loooove how menacing that aircraft looks from the front, esp when it's done in darker colors. 

3BC.jpg

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 9:22 PM, wood said:

Oh yeah. Barely looked at that. Loooove how menacing that aircraft looks from the front, esp when it's done in darker colors. 

3BC.jpg

Super Hornets (and Hornets) definitely look cool imo, but those canted pylons really bother me sometimes...

IIRC it was something about the wing + fuselage design causing weapon release problems, but they had advertised the extra hardpoints and the options (if keeping the extra wing pylons) were redesign the wing or cant the pylons and fuck yo range. 

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

11 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

I've been trying to find it, but maybe 15-20 years ago there was an SNL sketch where Val Kilmber played Iceman after he became a commercial pilot.  They should just expand upon that.  Iceman:  The Later Years, or something along those lines.

Check out Cobra Kai on YouTube. 

On 6/10/2018 at 7:49 AM, HornsOverIthaca said:

I've been trying to find it, but maybe 15-20 years ago there was an SNL sketch where Val Kilmber played Iceman after he became a commercial pilot.  They should just expand upon that.  Iceman:  The Later Years, or something along those lines.

Based on the above link, I’d like to inform you that it was in fact not Val Kilmer that played iceman in that skit.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Is that cost reimbursement arrangement what they did in the first movie, too?   Because with military accounting that seems like it could be the most expensive movie of all time.  

No shit.  That will be $1.2 billion for your 3 days of flight time.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Is that cost reimbursement arrangement what they did in the first movie, too?   Because with military accounting that seems like it could be the most expensive movie of all time.  

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

No shit.  That will be $1.2 billion for your 3 days of flight time.  Thanks.

The Navy should have paid them for the first movie.