Top Gun 2

Red Five

On 6/8/2018 at 9:10 PM, miguelito said:

So the verdict is out already:

"Top Gun 2 ... *sniff* ... you stink."

On 6/10/2018 at 8:26 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Any idea who the enemy is going to be.  It'd probably be a bad move to make  an anti China or Korea movie.  Maybe the terrorists hijack a few old jets.  

On 7/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

This movie will be more than disappointing. I still will not miss it.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:24 PM, 4th&Five said:

The only hope is that it’s so bad we can at least have a good laugh. 

On 7/18/2019 at 4:45 PM, Parliament said:

This movie will be conclusive proof that the terrorists have won.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:50 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Tony Scott will probably kill himself a second time after seeing it.

While we're at it, a few more takes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Oh I don't know. My favorite movies as a kid were Superman, Star Wars, and Back to the Future. Pretty decent. 

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

When I was a kid I memorized Ghostbusters, Monty Python's Holy Grail, and Spaceballs.

I think I did alright for movies.

All of these are better than the Marvel movies.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Oh I don't know. My favorite movies as a kid were Superman, Star Wars, and Back to the Future. Pretty decent. 

For several Christmases I asked for a bull whip like Jim Craig and Indiana Jones. My dad told me I was an idiot and that I’d put my eye out. 
Finally on an FFA trip to the Stock Show I bought a whip from a vendor. Had it for about half an hour before I cut my ear so badly that the blood ruined my shirt. 

21 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Kids love them. Imagine if you had these as a kid. We got shit kid movies in comparison.

I grew up in the 80s, so I most certainly did not get shit movies. In fact, one could argue that the early-to-mid 1980s was the best time in the history of cinema to be a kid.

I saw all of these in the theater in between the ages of about 6 and 12:

• Star Wars
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • Return of the Jedi
  • E.T.
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
  • Gremlins
  • The Goonies
  • Back to the Future
  • Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan
  • Ghostbusters
  • The Karate Kid
  • Superman
  • Superman II
  • Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

I'm sure there are more that I missed... these are just off the top of my head... there was seriously never a better time to be a kid than the early/mid 80s. 

We also had MTV in its pure form playing music videos all day long.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 5

On 8/25/2022 at 8:28 PM, Biff Tannen said:

96 with critics and 99 with audiences on RT.  You're gonna be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't like it.

We had at least one massive wet blanket on this thread that panned it.  Fit his personality, though.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:31 PM, Party_Taco said:

So, finally watched at home tonight and had a few thoughts:

1) The audio mix is lackluster and I expect more from Atmos. This shit should wallop, but it’s a bunch of single channel simplicity.

2) There were few scenes that I felt could have been handled better upon a second viewing, but the last 5 minutes were a highlight. Here, the dialogue was lacking and the usage of a soundstage for the tighter shots was a disservice.

3) Who fucking cares it’s all emoji897.png

Anyone who complains about the sound on this movie while viewing NOT in a theater should probably be banned.

• Haha 1

budget for movie was $170m, which is is pretty cheap considering the practical effects and all the real planes.
most of the transformers movies cost more than that, so you're swapping cruise for shia thebeef and a shitload of cgi. 

Plus you subtract Michael Bay which in and of itself is a huge net positive.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Trying to convince people that haven’t seen the movie to see it and finally they dropped a clip I can and did use:

I watched the movie against yesterday (first time was in IMAX) while on a flight from Denver while our flight had some pretty bad turbulence.  This is a really fucking good movie.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

this has been posted already in this thread, not by me, but it’s a good watch for anyone interested so I’m putting it up again for anyone that didn’t see it.  admittedly I know nothing about this world but these guys, unless they’re lying, say the flying is real and most of what happens in the movie is pretty believable other than a few minor procedural things on base.  it’s interesting and contributed to my enjoyment of the movie.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...