Top Gun 2

Red Five

I'm calling it now. Maverick and Goose Jr are at odds the whole movie. They go into combat, Goose Jr does something that almost gets himself killed and Maverick repeats the heroic feat his dad did and sacrifices himself to save Goose Jr and the rest of the squadron, taking down multiple fighters in the process.

I'm calling it now. Maverick and Goose Jr are at odds the whole movie. They go into combat, Goose Jr does something that almost gets himself killed and Maverick repeats the heroic feat his dad did and sacrifices himself to save Goose Jr and the rest of the squadron, taking down multiple fighters in the process.

Maverick gives in to the gay that was alluded to during the original and the entire movie is Brokeback Mountain for fighter pilots.
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Repeats the heroic feat of having his pilot get caught in a teammate’s jet wash and then hitting his head and breaking his neck on the canopy as he ejects? I don’t think so. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

So choosing this:  mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:678987?quality=

Over this: Jennifer-Connelly-2.jpg

...is insane?

OK, I understand disagreeing, but it doesn't strike me as some sort of fringe opinion.

But, whatevs. Carry on, gents.

Kelly McGillis was 28 or 29 when she filmed Top Gun. Jennifer Connelly will be 52 in December, meaning she was what 49 when Top Gun 2 was filmed?

I'll readily admit that Connelly, probably my all-time #1 along with Elle MacPherson, is starting to show her age a bit but it's JC by a mile over KM and it ain't really close.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

So long Pete Mitchell

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I always liked that shirt Skerritt is wearing in that scene. Looks comfortable.

Look, I know we live in the most ideal climate on earth where it’s always sunny and 75, could even be part of the reason we train fighter pilots here. But I’ll be goddamn if I’m not gonna walk around in a sweatshirts and heavy leather bomber jackets while some asshole plays volleyball in acid washed jeans.  

Whatever dude, you jerk off to modern day McGillis in 1980's McGillis sweaters.  

It's Miramar.  What the fuck are these people doing?  It's short sleeves and sandals every day you're not on duty.  Da fuh?

Just from the trailer, Goose Jr., seems like he sucks.

I quote the from Miramar Naval Air Station's Board of Inquiry regarding the incident on 29 July 1986:

"The spin was induced by the disruption of air flow into the starboard engine.  This disruption stalled the engine, which produced enough yaw rate to induce a spin which was unrecoverable.  There was no way Lieutenant Mitchell could see or avoid the jetwash.  This Board of Inquiry finds that he was not at fault in the accident of 29 July.  His record will be cleared. He's restored to flight status without further delay."

FUCK YOU, GOOSE JR. IT WASN'T MAVERICK'S FAULT.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:03 AM, TrashMaster G said:

Who's talking about acting?  I'm talking about hotness at a point in time.  At the time of Top Gun, McGillis was a smokeshow.

I am taking nothing away from Connelly.  And 80's Connelly was absolute fire as well.

80's Connelly was something there's just no words for in any language.

Current Connelly is miles beyond what McGillis ever was.

This is not subjective.  This empirical fact, and you should fee awful. AWFUL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Just from the trailer, Goose Jr., seems like he sucks.

I quote the from Miramar Naval Air Station's Board of Inquiry regarding the incident on 29 July 1986:

"The spin was induced by the disruption of air flow into the starboard engine.  This disruption stalled the engine, which produced enough yaw rate to induce a spin which was unrecoverable.  There was no way Lieutenant Mitchell could see or avoid the jetwash.  This Board of Inquiry finds that he was not at fault in the accident of 29 July.  His record will be cleared. He's restored to flight status without further delay."

FUCK YOU, GOOSE JR. IT WASN'T MAVERICK'S FAULT.

You don't need to quote the Board of Inquiry, you just need to look at one photo to know why he died and whose fault it was.

funny-meme-about-top-gun-and-how-the-peo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:49 AM, C-Man said:

Kelly McGillis was 28 or 29 when she filmed Top Gun. Jennifer Connelly will be 52 in December, meaning she was what 49 when Top Gun 2 was filmed?

I'll readily admit that Connelly, probably my all-time #1 along with Elle MacPherson, is starting to show her age a bit but it's JC by a mile over KM and it ain't really close.

JC not being a Bond girl is the snub of a lifetime. I mean they used Denise Richards!

• Drool 1

18 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yall missing the joke. I think she was 12 in that role. I know her parents had to sign off on her nude scene

Ah, pedophilia jokes on Sunday morning.  Ha ha, I guess?  

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yall missing the joke. I think she was 12 in that role. I know her parents had to sign off on her nude scene

And You made it even more awkward when you demanded they show it to you in writing.

Edited by Lobo

• 3 weeks later...

My nephew was on the USS Rosavelt when they shot some of this.  He said he was on deck, so technically in the movie.  

This nephew is the son of my brother in law that took me on the USS Kitty Hawk Tiger Cruise.  (Story in Holy Shit thread)

He is in Naval Intelligence and transferring to Space Force in a month.  

Not bad for a kid that failed out of Tech and enlisted. 

• Hook 'Em 3