Top Gun 2

Red Five

14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

it's been a long ass time since we had a summer blockbuster. this may be the movie that says, ok world, we are back to our regular programming.

i am going to watch this movie eleventy billion times. then i'm going to bask in the glory of America! Fuck yea.

Don't let your ego write a check your body can't cash.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 7:57 PM, futureman said:

1285900F-F755-4B9C-9D2F-841EDEE1ECF1.png

I just noticed he's in the backseat of an F-14 here... WTF are Tomcats doing in this movie? 

I wonder if it's gonna be like a Battlestar Galactia thing where the old Vipers weren't vulnerable to the new Cylons' ability to shut them down remotely? So like there is some new "bad guy" technology that won't work on old Tomcats? Hmmm.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I just noticed he's in the backseat of an F-14 here... WTF are Tomcats doing in this movie? 

I wonder if it's gonna be like a Battlestar Galactia thing where the old Vipers weren't vulnerable to the new Cylons' ability to shut them down remotely? So like there is some new "bad guy" technology that won't work on old Tomcats? Hmmm.

1) The camera might be distorting the F18 wing sweep to look more F14-like.

2) You're overthinking this.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

1) The camera might be distorting the F18 wing sweep to look more F14-like.

2) You're overthinking this.

Could be, but I don’t think so.

It’s not just the wing sweep, it’s flat surface over the intakes. Also, the Super Hornet should have missile stations on the end of the wings, and that plane doesn’t.  

Also - look how close the missile stations on the left are to the fuselage. On the Hornet they should be further out on the wing. That’s indicative of a Tomcat to me.

I’m like 99% sure that’s a Tomcat.  I guess we’ll see here in a few months. :)

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Could be, but I don’t think so.

It’s not just the wing sweep, it’s flat surface over the intakes. Also, the Super Hornet should have missile stations on the end of the wings, and that plane doesn’t.  

Also - look how close the missile stations on the left are to the fuselage. On the Hornet they should be further out on the wing. That’s indicative of a Tomcat to me.

I’m like 99% sure that’s a Tomcat.  I guess we’ll see here in a few months. :)

The Pentagon sees to it that Surly knows more than you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The simple fact is you feel responsible for these shit posts and you have a confidence problem. Now I’m not going to sit here and blow sunshine up your ass Brisket. A good poster is compelled to evaluate what’s happened and apply what he’s learned. In here, we gotta push it. That’s our job. It’s your option Brisket. All yours.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1