Top Gun 2

Red Five

On 4/30/2022 at 8:17 PM, Michael Knight said:

Goose's son was 4 years old when he died, Top Gun came out in 86. They mention he's been a Captain for 30 years so its probably set near 2020 making his son late 30's, Miles Teller is 35 so you're right pretty laughable. Maybe you can tell us how a navy pilot became an admiral next.

No pilots have ever been promoted to flag rank?  I highly doubt that.

I saw it last week. If the theater reaction is an indication of how it will do, it's going to be a big hit. People laughed, clapped, cheered, and cried at all the right moments. McQuarrie's handprints are on the script. Bringing him in for a rewrite was a smart move.

You don't need to be a big fan of Top Gun to enjoy it (I'm not), and I think Top Gun fans will love it. The title is pretty accurate - it really is the Maverick show. The young guns end up getting pushed to the side a bit. There is supposed to be a Hangman/Rooster rivalry but it never really takes off (see what I did there?) The Cruise/Teller bromance works. Some questionable plot machinations, but it's Top Gun so who cares. 

I think it's an exceptional summer popcorn movie.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I saw it last week. If the theater reaction is an indication of how it will do, it's going to be a big hit. People laughed, clapped, cheered, and cried at all the right moments. McQuarrie's handprints are on the script. Bringing him in for a rewrite was a smart move.

You don't need to be a big fan of Top Gun to enjoy it (I'm not), and I think Top Gun fans will love it. The title is pretty accurate - it really is the Maverick show. The young guns end up getting pushed to the side a bit. There is supposed to be a Hangman/Rooster rivalry but it never really takes off (see what I did there?) The Cruise/Teller bromance works. Some questionable plot machinations, but it's Top Gun so who cares. 

I think it's an exceptional summer popcorn movie.

how’d you see it in a theater? seems awfully early. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

I just noticed he's in the backseat of an F-14 here... WTF are Tomcats doing in this movie? 

I wonder if it's gonna be like a Battlestar Galactia thing where the old Vipers weren't vulnerable to the new Cylons' ability to shut them down remotely? So like there is some new "bad guy" technology that won't work on old Tomcats? Hmmm.

Calling my shot here. Rooster gets shot down behind enemy lines. Maverick takes the "darkstar" to recon and finds him. Ejects on purpose. They escape in an enemy f-14 (probably Iranian). 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

Calling my shot here. Rooster gets shot down behind enemy lines. Maverick takes the "darkstar" to recon and finds him. Ejects on purpose. They escape in an enemy f-14 (probably Iranian). 

yeah Maverick isn’t escaping anything. Maverick is dead when the credits roll.

Her husband was also a naval aviator.   He retired in 2014 as a Commander (05).     She's an O-9 now.    

He must be the luckiest man in the world. Because I hear there’s nothing on this earth sexier than a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote em all I say cause this is true. If you haven’t gotten a blow job from a superior officer, well, you’re just letting the best in life pass you by.

Sorry, wrong movie.
  • Like 1

He must be the luckiest man in the world. Because I hear there’s nothing on this earth sexier than a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote em all I say cause this is true. If you haven’t gotten a blow job from a superior officer, well, you’re just letting the best in life pass you by.

Sorry, wrong movie.

Did Maverick do a flyby? I don’t know! Check the tower logs!

18 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Sorry, wrong movie.

In ASE 2002, I had a couple of fellow students in ROTC.  I was working on my private pilot license. One chick got a fighter slot, probably for being a chick.  5'3 auburn hair, pretty face, and thick in all the right places.  We worked on an  algorithm for the Navy to control flutter during high speed turns by modulating the flaps with computers.  That was a fun project with her.  I kept it in my pants because I was engaged.

Edited by Elvis

On 5/3/2022 at 9:35 PM, futureman said:

yeah Maverick isn’t escaping anything. Maverick is dead when the credits roll.

Tom Cruise won’t die in a blockbuster movie

Edited by HornPhD
Refining my previous statement

I do like the Lady GaGa song man…definitely tapping into the original movie. You’ll hear that all summer. 

not sure if it counts as a spoiler but loads of clips in it so…

Spoiler

She’s really tapping into the sexy here…

• Hook 'Em 3